[MOD] [Xposed] [V3.1] Multiwindow [No flashing] [22-01-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
can you just create a kind of beta version which can be tested by the users... If its possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Theres allot more then just testing.
Firstly i'd need the new files. Then i need to find out where the crash occurs,
And then fix it.

If i need to make a new version which logs some things, post it, wait for reply, make another version, post it, wait etc etc.
It will take forever, and at the end of the day it might even change in the final version.

However maybe it's a simple issue. If somebody could post a log cat of the crash that should allow me to determine the extent of the issue.

rahuliyer95

May 5, 2011
San Francisco
www.youtube.com
Theres allot more then just testing.
Firstly i'd need the new files. Then i need to find out where the crash occurs,
And then fix it.

If i need to make a new version which logs some things, post it, wait for reply, make another version, post it, wait etc etc.
It will take forever, and at the end of the day it might even change in the final version.

However maybe it's a simple issue. If somebody could post a log cat of the crash that should allow me to determine the extent of the issue.

Here is the link to the entire Logcat

I think this is may be what you are looking for :-

FATAL EXCEPTION: main

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService.FlashBarInfo#mStrFileSave
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findField(XposedHelpers.java:77)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.getObjectField(XposedHelpers.java:517)
at nl.scale.xposedmultiwindow.xposedmm$5.replaceHookedMethod(xposedmm.java:153)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XC_MethodReplacement.beforeHookedMethod(XC_MethodReplacement.java:15)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:432)
at com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService.FlashBarInfo.generateFlashBarList(Native Method)
at com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService.FlashBarInfo.makeFlashBarList(FlashBarInfo.java)
at com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService.AppListWindow.setWindow(AppListWindow.java)
at com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService.FlashBarService.makeAppListWindow(FlashBarService.java)
at com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService.FlashBarService.onStartCommand(FlashBarService.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2000(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:110)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
It contains the "FlashBarPosition.xml" file nothing else.. What else should it contain??

flash_bar_list.xml, If you haven't already could you try removing or adding an app from your multi window bar.
To see if that creates the flash_bar_list.xml

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Ow sh*... I think i may have deleted the VM which held the source for this project..
Let's see if i can recover anything

EDIT 1: 2 and a half hour left for recovery results.

EDIT 2: I found pieces of the code, i think i can patch it back to a whole. but first i have to setup a new development environment.
But that might take a while since i am annoyed with my own stupidity.

Last edited:

fylim

Sep 29, 2007
Auckland
Great MOD !!

Would it be possible to implement when running apps within Multi Window to automatically default to 240DPI ? This will allow more visible real estate within the individual windows. Many thanks ! and yes Fullscreen will be nice too.

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Happens bro... You will manage

UPDATE 1 :-

Here is the flash_bar_list.xml file..

I don't need the actual file, I do need to know if it was in the same location and had the same name.
The crash you are having occurs when it tries to get the default location for that file.

Hopefully ill have time to setup the development environment tonight, then i need to reconstruct the project and test it.
Then i can look into this different version, at the earliest i will have a test version wednesday. (but probably later ;))

Great MOD !!

Would it be possible to implement when running apps within Multi Window to automatically default to 240DPI ? This will allow more visible real estate within the individual windows. Many thanks ! and yes Fullscreen will be nice too.

I tried making it full screen it didn't work. As for the 240 DPI this would mean closing the application before running it in multi window,
And close it again when you take it out again. Not very handy in my opinion.

Last edited:

thedicemaster

May 10, 2009
have you checked if it's possible to fix the remnants of the tablet multi-window they left in the phone version?
it would be really nice if all apps could be turned into floating windows.

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Right.. I can compile the project again.

However they changed ALLOT and by allot... i mean basically everything.

I first have to make a new method to load all apps. Then i need to check if my fixes are still needed, And if so also make those.

tl;dr to remake this i am probably gonna to need to test tons of times.
And since this version is not available for my phone this is not possible, so no new version until i can test.

Reactions: kulguy

psycho4us4

Mar 30, 2012
Yorba Linda, CA
Right.. I can compile the project again.

However they changed ALLOT and by allot... i mean basically everything.

I first have to make a new method to load all apps. Then i need to check if my fixes are still needed, And if so also make those.

tl;dr to remake this i am probably gonna to need to test tons of times.
And since this version is not available for my phone this is not possible, so no new version until i can test.
NP bro we can wait till 4.2.2 comes out. Take your time no rush. Thanks for all you've done.

hopesfall19

Feb 29, 2012
I found a nice little tweak for phones with this mod on some website, but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this thread before.
if you combine it with xposed app settings you can get a hybrid phone/tablet mode where Windows in split-screen mode can be undocked to turn them into floating apps like on the note 10.1.
it's not perfect, but it does work.
the undock icon only appears when 2 windows are open, and it doesn't seem to work on the first window you open.
to enable this:
set the screen(dp) option for "android system" to 1280x800 in xposed app settings but say no when you're offered to kill it.
reboot your phone (power>restart or the reboot button in the xposed installer)
open the multi-window launcher, and open an app fullscreen.
drag the app you want to have floating from the multi-window launcher on to the fullscreen app.
tap the green pin to unpin the app and make it float.

apps that are floating like this will work pretty much the same as in Windows.
you drag them around using the bar on top.
there's a maximize and a close button in the top-right corner.
tapping the pin again should put the floating window back into split-screen mode.

edit: some corrections.
once undocked the pin button stops working.
and the float options don't seem to appear on some apps.
perhaps an idea for an expansion of the multi-window mod would be to make floating windows more consistent and easier to enable.

thanks, workded for me
but my locksreen is messed up.
shortcut-icons, weather and time are now really big.

did someone had the same issue and found a solution?

nova launcher
multiwindow non240dpi version

thedicemaster

May 10, 2009
I don't use a lockscreen, so I didn't encounter that problem.

you could try a 3rd party lockscreen like widgetlocker.

kulguy

May 11, 2013
I'm using 240dpi version.
Multi window itself is displayed fit, but the screen divider is short, starting from left end and not reaching right end.

Sent from my SHV-E250S using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371528537380.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371528537380.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 602

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
I'm using 240dpi version.
Multi window itself is displayed fit, but the screen divider is short, starting from left end and not reaching right end.

Sent from my SHV-E250S using xda app-developers app

Yes i noticed this before, However it never really bothered me.
So i haven't fixed it. Will see if i fix it when 4.2 comes around, if ever.

Reactions: kulguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    26-03-14
    This project is no longer maintained, no further updates will occur.

07-04-2013
    Overdue images of 240DPI mod
    Also new version of DPI mod which doesn't crash when the settings file gets corrupted.

18-03-2013
    Release 240DPI mod beta (Use at own risk)
    I will post some screenshots when my phone returns (USB connector broke :crying:)
    See below for details

22-01-2013
    Hopefully resolved the issues people were having.

21-01-2013
    Probably the last version of this mod.
    Big thanks to my three donators, People like you keep developers making awesome things.

Changelog:
    The sorting issue on reboot has been fixed, Samsung made it so it would only properly work if you have all apps in alphabetical order.
    As a happy side effect my start up code seems twice as fast as samsung, reducing start up time!

Instructions
    Just download the attached APK and update the current version, and reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

02-01-2013 - 1898 downloads
    New version compatible with framework 2.0, Attached to this post. *People who update: Make sure you download and install the latest xposed framework, Before pressing "Install/Update" else you will receive incomparable message*
    Get it here - (2.0: Removed the native library replacement again, support for 4.1 and 4.2, Instagram crash fixed, ...)

15-12-12
    Initial release - 1737 downloads

*Not compatible with version message / Updating procedure*

1. Follow the link and download the xposed framework (again)
    2. Install the apk and overwrite the current installation
    3. Open the xposed installer and hit "Install / Update"
    You are now on the latest version of the xposed framework, And ready to update my mod.

Requirements

Root
    XposedFramework - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Another multi window mod?

Yes! Because of the wonderful xposed framework it should work on all roms that have the normal multiwindow control.
    But wait there is more! With others mods if you try to move an app to the bar from the edit page sometimes, you're suddenly dragging a different app, but with my mod this is fixed :highfive: Now also features correct sorting on reboot and faster start up times. :cool:

How to
    • Download and install the xposed framework from the thread above (no flashing required, but does require root)
    • Download and install my attached APK
    • In the xposed installer app goto the modules pane and activate my mod
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

How to 240 DPI

Tested on

Stock LJ1 (4.1.1)
    LJ3, thanks deltacode
    LK7 (4.1.2)
    KJ7 (4.1.2)
    N7105
    N7100XXDLL4
    And many more

Thanks to

rovo89 and pulser_g2 for their work on the xposed framework!

Donation link
    Donate
    If i don't die before tonight, I'll release a 2.0 framework compatible version.

Ugh no sleep last night (Irritation bonus modifier!), and windows didn't want to detect my phone for an hour hnnnng.
    But still got you guys the new version, good luck
    Uploaded a new version, which hopefully resolves all issues.
    I found a nice little tweak for phones with this mod on some website, but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this thread before.
    if you combine it with xposed app settings you can get a hybrid phone/tablet mode where Windows in split-screen mode can be undocked to turn them into floating apps like on the note 10.1.
    it's not perfect, but it does work.
    the undock icon only appears when 2 windows are open, and it doesn't seem to work on the first window you open.
    to enable this:
    set the screen(dp) option for "android system" to 1280x800 in xposed app settings but say no when you're offered to kill it.
    reboot your phone (power>restart or the reboot button in the xposed installer)
    open the multi-window launcher, and open an app fullscreen.
    drag the app you want to have floating from the multi-window launcher on to the fullscreen app.
    tap the green pin to unpin the app and make it float.

apps that are floating like this will work pretty much the same as in Windows.
    you drag them around using the bar on top.
    there's a maximize and a close button in the top-right corner.
    tapping the pin again should put the floating window back into split-screen mode.

edit: some corrections.
    once undocked the pin button stops working.
    and the float options don't seem to appear on some apps.
    perhaps an idea for an expansion of the multi-window mod would be to make floating windows more consistent and easier to enable.
    Just perfect! Thanks so much!

I just would like so much to automatically sort all apps in alphabetical order. Would this be possible to implement?

Both enabled apps and the Edit Panel...

In theory, yes. But there are also people who do not that.
    And because manual sorting also always alphabetic sorting,
    I have chosen to leave it on manual.

However there is currently an issue with this which i will look into probably tonight.

*Update on the sorting issue*

So i looked into why apps positioning changes on a reload.
    And i found the problem, Samsung has a function to restore apps on reboot (It is unchanged in my mod, so every multiwindow mod is affected by this)

It's simply wrong... It can never restore apps in the same order the way it written at the moment.
    It also waste resources doing things multiple times for no reason causing extra load times and allocates extra memory for nothing, Can't believe that they made such sloppy code.

Anyway..... Ill have to rewrite the whole function to solve the issue.
    I will try to rewrite it, but i am not sure that i will succeed.