[MOD][Xposed] XGPM - Google Play Music mods

Search This thread

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
I installed the version of GPM noted in your image and its working fine again. Thanks very much!
I'd tried that GPM with unofficial 87.3 but couldn't get it to work. Thankfully it's possible now on the latest GPM with official Xposed. But only by restoring previous data through something like Titanium because XGPM force closes upon opening so it can't be configured.

At least I can get a proper view of the album art not cut off now :rolleyes:. A request if development resumes if possible is for a black themed interface on the redesigned now playing screen. I've got the app themed black already via Swift Black Substratum but XGPM's screen isn't themed. The bottom mini player is whited out as well.

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Last edited:

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
I think using XGPM on N using as suggested above with Magisk has an odd issue for me. If I disable Systemless Xposed 88.1 in Magisk Manager, after restarting, Play Music will stop playing after a short while. I couldn't get Play Music working again afterwards regardless of Xposed state and reinstalling Play Music. After restoring a Nandroid backup I found that disabling both XGPM in Xposed Installer and Xposed in Magisk at the same time is fine. This may just be me, something related to my LOS14.1 ROM, I normally have issues and can't set Play Music's Storage location as External.

However take it as a cautionary warning to disabling Systemless Xposed without XGPM disabled first. If the same issue exists you may need a Nandroid restore to get Play Music working again. If someone can test whether it's not just me, may be helpful.

update edit: It still occurred with XGPM disabled. Think it was just my ROM. Updating with a fresh ROM seems to fix my Play Music Storage issues, I think it's related to that instead.

Last edited:

Eazii

Oct 2, 2013
OnePlus 5T
Google Pixel 5
Okay I am unable to get this working with my current set up. Is it even possible at the moment or do I need to wait for the OP to update the module when he gets around to doing so.

I am rooted w/Magsik and running Magsik Systemless Xposed (89) for Android N. I'm am currently using the lastest version of XGPM (1.12.1) and the latest version of Play Music from the play store (see screenshot).

My phone is the OnePlus 5t on the latest 4.7.5 firmware

The issue is that when I tap the app it doesn't open. The screen flashes but nothing opens up, so I can't even get into the app itself.

Any help and/or direction would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Maxr1998

Apr 15, 2013
Augsburg
maxr1998.de
Okay I am unable to get this working with my current set up. Is it even possible at the moment or do I need to wait for the OP to update the module when he gets around to doing so.

I am rooted w/Magsik and running Magsik Systemless Xposed (89) for Android N. I'm am currently using the lastest version of XGPM (1.12.1) and the latest version of Play Music from the play store (see screenshot).

My phone is the OnePlus 5t on the latest 4.7.5 firmware

The issue is that when I tap the app it doesn't open. The screen flashes but nothing opens up, so I can't even get into the app itself.

Any help and/or direction would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Since I didn't update or even use this module in a long time, I guess it won't work with the current GPM versions.. when I someday get around to updating this, I'll do that, but I'm just too busy with life & my other projects right now.. sorry :/

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs

niftium

Jan 28, 2015
If you page back for some of the old debug builds, there's a 2.0 debug version that works. Gotta make sure Xposed doesn't update to the latest version in the repo though.

Last edited:

andyfmking

Jun 12, 2010
kuala lumpur
Since I didn't update or even use this module in a long time, I guess it won't work with the current GPM versions.. when I someday get around to updating this, I'll do that, but I'm just too busy with life & my other projects right now.. sorry :/

Thanks for your work.
Truly this module was a work of art.
You made GPM the way Google was supposed to make it :cowboy:

Reactions: Maxr1998
D

Deleted member 6304402

App crashes on startup on LineageOS 14.1
GPM Version: 7.2.4222-1.L
Logcat included.
Hope a fix will be provided soon, maybe for a newer version of GPM?
I'm looking forward hearing from you,

-Twit

Attachments

• crash.zip
    100.8 KB · Views: 12

Maxr1998

Apr 15, 2013
Augsburg
maxr1998.de
So, as I recently switched to Spotify and Google announced YT Music as a soon-to-be successor to GPM, I'm sorry to inform you that I'll have to abandon the XGPM Xposed module. Additionally, I didn't have much time in the last few months to work on this anyway, so I guess this was kinda expected from most of you. I just committed the last set of changes I did in the last months, which should make the app work again with the latest GPM version. Some things might still be broken, e.g. the new NowPlaying screen, but it mostly works. You can download the last build here. Thanks for your continued support & bug reports!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XGPM
    …mods for Google Play Music

This module adds a few modifications to the Google Play Music app. It allows you to
    • Show "My library" as default screen
    • Switch to specific tracks from the music notification (with XMediaNotificationTrackSelector)
    • Remove disturbing buttons from the navigation drawer
    • Add back the playlists item to the navigation drawer
    • Show three columns of albums in many screens
    • Now Playing screen:
      • Tint icons with colors extracted from the cover with the help of the Palette API
      • Resize covers to make less cropped & better visible
      • Remove the drop shadow from the cover view
      • Open Equalizer from a new button
    • Replace any kinds of images in the app, e.g. covers and artist images

Screenshots:
    NowPlaying.png

NavDrawer.png

Video of the track selector by Miroslav Vitula, the designer
    Video of the track selector by me
    Video of track selector by Matthew Brack
    Old video review by XDA (TK)
    Video review by Picaso Ent

Download:
    In Xposed repository: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.maxr1998.xposed.gpm

Changelog:
    All times in CET.
    1.12.1: 2017-01-19 21:10
    • Added option to disable audio focus gain
    1.12: 2017-01-17 22:22
    • Fixed artist name being cut off in new design NowPlaying screen
    • Fixed three columns for album and other cards
    • Fixed a few crashes and added compatibility for new GPM version
    • Updated build tools and support libraries
    Old versions:

1.11: 2016-11-14 23:00
    • Fixed quite a few crashes and added compatibility for GPM 7.0!
    • Fixed notification track selector
    • Updated SDK to Nougat 7.1.1
    1.10: 2016-08-26 13:25
    • Added landscape layout for new design with permanent queue
    • Enabled a few experimental GPM Features
    • Fixed title in collapsed header for new design, animate header color instead of changing it abruptly
    • Fixed cast button visibility behaving weirdly
    • Fixed a few crashes and added compatibility for new GPM version
    • Updated build tools and support libraries
    1.9.2: 2016-07-24 14:13
    • Fix cover loading for local files, improve caching and speed, show grey square instead of blank space if no cover is available (Thanks to @Massi-X)
    • Fix any UI bugs in preference screen by switching back to CheckBoxPreferences
    • Update build tools, target API and support libraries
    • Add Italian translation by @Massi-X
    1.9.1: 2016-05-17 01:44
    • Same as 1.9, but fixed settings crash because of ProGuard
    1.9: 2016-05-17 01:16
    • Added custom NowPlaying screen design
    • Added option to remove "My Library" tabs
    • Added option to enable Google's new voice control
    • Added option to enable Google's new "Adaptive home" as soon as it's finished
    • Added tinting for playback mode buttons and EdgeEffects of ViewPager
    • Added donate option
    • Added Podcast screen to hideable navigation drawer items
    • Fixed default screen option
    • Added workaround for a SwitchPreference bug below Android Lollipop which caused settings screen to act weirdly
    1.8.8: 2016-04-19 21:51
    • Fixed support for GPM 6.7
    1.8.7: 2016-04-18 21:40
    • Force-enable Podcasts!
    1.8.6: 2016-04-10 22:01
    • Updated tools and libraries
    • Fixed hiding launcher icon
    1.8.5: 2016-03-20 23:31
    • Fixed support for GPM 6.5
    1.8.4: 2016-02-20 23:56
    • Fixed support for GPM 6.4
    • Crash fix
    1.8.3: 2016-02-08 00:24
    • NowPlaying screen tinting rewritten, more reliable now
    • Fixed crash for very long playlists because of TrackSelector
    1.8.2: 2016-02-02 21:55
    • Fixed support for GPM 6.3+
    1.8.1: 2016-01-29 17:46
    • Crash fixes
    • Updated libs
    1.8: 2016-01-10 22:03
    • Improve loading of cover arts (hopefully!)
    • Notification track selector is now an independent Xposed module, install it from Xposed Repo!
    1.7: 2016-01-05 23:56
    • New and fixed notification track selector with an unlimited, scrollable list with title, artist, cover art and duration
    • Option to remove "Play Music for…" and recommendations from "Listen now" screen
    • Fixed nav drawer text and icon for playlist
    1.6: 2015-11-29 21:12
    • Now working on Android 6.0
    • No reboots to apply settings anymore!
    • Fixed notification track selector for newest GPM
    • Added option to remove more items from the navigation drawer
    • Added back the playlists item to the navigation drawer
    • Universal art replacer off by default; added description for it in app
    • Added option to launch GPM from app
    • Updated dependencies
    1.5.1: 2015-09-07 01:16
    • Notification layout fixes
    • Touch feedback for tracks
    1.5: 2015-09-06 13:52
    1.4: 2015-08-27 23:27
    • Fixed Navigation drawer item hiding, should also be more update-proof now, since I rewrote the algorithm
    • Added option to replace all Album/Artist arts
    • Built with Marshmallow SDK and support libs
    • Rewrote backend to only use one Xposed loader now
    1.3.2: 2015-06-27 20:41
    1.3.1: 2015-06-25 21:42
    1.3: 2015-07-24 22:11
    1.2.1: 2015-04-24 21:54
    1.2: 2015-04-18 21:25
    • Replaced the ugly overflow button with one from material design icons
    1.1: 2015-04-18 21:05
    • Added equalizer shortcut in NowPlaying screen
    1.0.1: 2015-04-18 00:00
    • Fixed ClassNotFoundException because of ProGuard
    1.0: 2015-04-15 20:41
    • Initial release
    So, as I recently switched to Spotify and Google announced YT Music as a soon-to-be successor to GPM, I'm sorry to inform you that I'll have to abandon the XGPM Xposed module. Additionally, I didn't have much time in the last few months to work on this anyway, so I guess this was kinda expected from most of you. I just committed the last set of changes I did in the last months, which should make the app work again with the latest GPM version. Some things might still be broken, e.g. the new NowPlaying screen, but it mostly works. You can download the last build here. Thanks for your continued support & bug reports!
    I'm too tired for a full changelog, basically fixes notification and Android M support, other changes on GitHub.
    Note that there might still be some bugs.
    Small update, apk attached.

• I fixed the navigation drawer manipulation, a method return type change resulted in a ClassCastException
    • I fixed the new design crash which was caused by a weird NPE and Google's removal of voice control
    • Google removed the voice control feature again, probably because "Ok Google" can do the same, so I removed support for it as well
    • I enabled some features which are still hardcoded to false in the code (1 & 2), or disabled server side in some countries (3):
      - The upcoming Sleep timer (yay!)
      - The new full width search bar (like in Google Play)
      - The sound search if you couldn't use it before
    • In the next days, preferably tomorrow, I will add switches for the features, and also try to fix the empty bottom bar EDIT: Done!
    • I saw the other reports, I will check if I fixed them already or still have to do that
    Just pushed 1.11 to the Xposed repo. This fixes A LOT of issues, and supports GPM 7.0 (download from apkmirror if not available yet from Play Store).
    If you also don't really like the new home screen, you can revert to the old one ;)
    A known issue is that the new design isn't working in landscape anymore, I'm still not sure how to fix that yet.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone