• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Mod][Zip]Custom Boot Logos & Animation for OP5

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
And it would be nicer to disable it entirely rather than change it. I was wondering why the OP3/T was the only OP phone that doesn't have this, and i think it's because of FDE. (The files aren't accessable at Boot like they are with FBE).

Here's an old thread on the OP forum i was able to dig up. I doubt if any of it is usable now, but it does shine a light on the procedure:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-charging-image-replacer.186460/

Charging animation has nothing to do with encryption, as only data is encrypted, not system. Moreover, offline charging animation is a part of the ram disk. So, if anyone wants to remove it, he'd have to unpack boot.img, remove the binary and then repack it. And yet, still in this case, instead of the developer's chosen charging animation, you would have an ugly default, a small android logo without showing percentage (you would have '???' instead). And if you want to change the binary, you'd have to find one from another OEM (similar screen size device), rename it the way it was in your ramdisk and replace it. Also, if someone is not using offline charging, what's the point of removing it?

Last edited:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Just a heads-up.

I've just noticed something about Android 10 ROMs. They all seem to have an extra level of /system directory, so the install path of a Boot Animation has gone from /system/media/bootanimation.zip to /system/system/media/bootanimation.zip. That means the flashable zips in this thread will need to be modified to reflect that change, or the Boot Animation will have to be extracted from the zip and installed manually. Up to the user to decide how they want to handle that.

I've checked this on four ROMs across three devices:

LOS + crDroid - OP5
crDroid - Poco
NitrogenOS - OP3

Seems to be an AOSP standard. Of course this will affect a lot of mods as the /app and /priv-app folders are also one level deeper, as is the build.prop.

PITA.

morfances

Jun 10, 2013
Rome
I don't know. I'm on the last crdroid op5 (android 10) and the directory is the standard .

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5000 utilizzando Tapatalk
1b76eff9199f03bcd2864348b6cd9f6f.jpg

cb0f4ef9b05c4f362adf70fc99df67cb.jpg

J0kker

Mar 15, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I don't know how i didn't see this thread before, so many awesome Boot animations !
Thanks a lot man, now the hardest part will be to try a bunch of them and choose which one to keep =)
(My sister loves Snoopy, i'll have to show her at least one time haha)

Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I don't know how i didn't see this thread before, so many awesome Boot animations !
Thanks a lot man, now the hardest part will be to try a bunch of them and choose which one to keep =)
(My sister loves Snoopy, i'll have to show her at least one time haha)

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you you like them! :)

If you look using TWRP file manager you will see dirk is correct

Apparently this change even has an official name. 'System As Root'. (SAR) Not well advertised but it is in official documentation:

https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/system-as-root

Reactions: J0kker

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I don't know. I'm on the last crdroid op5 (android 10) and the directory is the standard .

After you installed the ROM, did you flash a Boot Animation mod? If i download the ROM you are using there is no system/media. It's system/system/media. It looks like you flashed a Boot Animation that created a folder in the old directory location.

realsatarkar

Feb 20, 2017
After you installed the ROM, did you flash a Boot Animation mod? If i download the ROM you are using there is no system/media. It's system/system/media. It looks like you flashed a Boot Animation that created a folder in the old directory location.
I don't know how much I'm helping but found out that there's actually 2 different locations from which boot animation is displayed depending upon what changes you have made in rom settings.

By default animation from system/product/media/bootanimaiton.zip is played, if you switch to dark mode in rom settings then animation from system/product/media/bootanimation-dark.zip is played and if by any chance you rename this .zip files or delete them then animation from old directory i.e system/media/bootanimation.zip is played.
I'm on Derpfest Q.

BTW thanks for you guides specially that enter thing after last line in desc.txt, didn't knew that not pressing enter could mess up with my animation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191221-224059_MiXplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-224059_MiXplorer.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Screenshot_20191221-224113_MiXplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-224113_MiXplorer.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
BTW thanks for you guides specially that enter thing after last line in desc.txt, didn't knew that not pressing enter could mess up with my animation.

Yeah, it's a strange one. You have to start a new empty line otherwise the data in the final line is ignored.

Thanks for the directory information. That makes it nice and clear. :good:

Patjutzu

Aug 3, 2013
Berlin
Hello Together

I wanted to create and insert my own boot animation.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly what I have to pay attention to to make it work.

I have taken a boot animation from Aicp 15 as a template because I also use this rom.
Unfortunately my boot animation is not shown at boot although I put it into the folder /system/System/Media via TWRP and replaced it.

If I give you my animation, would it be possible that someone creates it correctly and that it works ?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ll3s8alj2u8upis/bootanimation.zip/file
Greetings

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dlyaotn.gif

Larger Boot Animations can be downloaded from Google Drive or Dropbox.

Tested and working on my OP3T and OP5.

Usual disclaimer etc.​

Oneplus-Original.png
    Oneplus-Boot-Logo.png
    Oneplus-Boot-Logo-2.png

Flashable zips below:
    Useful Freeware Tools

Paint.net:

Most Image editing.

IrfanView:

Batch covert .PDN to .PNG.

GIMP:

More advanced Image editing.
    Apply some filters to all Layers with script.
    Export all Layers as individual .PNG.

FastStone Photo Resizer :

Batch Resize.
    Batch Crop.
    Batch Canvas Size.
    Batch Overlay/Watermark.

TinyTask :

Macro automation. Incredibly useful time saver!

Bulk Rename Utility:

As name suggests.

GIF Creation:

https://ezgif.com/
    http://gifmaker.org/

Image Hosting:

https://postimages.org/
    https://imgur.com/upload
    If anybody is curious how large a Boot Animation can be, i think i'm getting closer to being able to answer that. Though i haven't yet found a maximum, i just tested one consisting of 900 frames at 60fps that comes in at 596MB. I think that's a forum record! It's not the total number of frames of course. There's some photorealism in it that makes each frame quite large. :laugh:

By the way, because the moving elements aren't particularly complicated, (most of what's there is static), the thing runs beautifully. The biggest problem is making a GIF preview that works well. I'm working on that right now. You may see the Boot Animation in question later in the year.