[MOD][ZIP] New Moto X Camera+/Gallery

Search This thread

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
I seen the old Moto camera posted before but not the new one. This is the stock Motorola Camera+ from the MotoX with Gallery. This is based of 5.X.X so it should work across most lollipop builds. I have tested this on stock and AOSP ROM's.

023c1354ae0265d74be714fb9712e4df.jpg

17f476a7abce7cb6af90034ba71e8823.jpg

If you want the additional options (settings) to work you must change you're build.prop on the line that says "release-keys" to "tests keys". I will upload the build.prop also, I stripped out the OEM specific junk also. The exact line in the build prop to change is :
ro.build.tags=release-keys (original)
to
ro.build.tags=test-keys (changed)

Of course all the same rules apply. Myself or XDA are NOT responsible for the lack of common sense or stupidity, resulting in bootloops or non functional devices.

**The settings I'm referring to is the little (bug) icon when you slide out the settings wheel from the right.**

- Download
- Flash (TWRP Recommended)
- Profit

- Zip Download -
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzgUrWZ7XZ0rdmxld0RPZkJtNzg/edit?usp=docslist_api

**The build.prop is for the STOCK NEXUS 6 5.1 BUILD ONLY! If you are using a different build other then that adjust the build prop manually.

- Nexus 6 5.1 build.prop Download -
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzgUrWZ7XZ0raVZzNF8xZE8yeTg/edit?usp=docslist_api

I don't ask for donations. The best way to show support is smashing the like button.

Last edited:

Zerreth

Oct 20, 2010
Brugge
Both the HTC and the Motorola are missing HDR options. The Motorola Camera has less functionality than the HTC camera, specifically I need to be able to set focus while 4K video recording.
The burst mode is very good on this one. Overall I think ALL camera apps are missing one thing or another, which I think is very frustrating.

LCamera is outdated, has no HDR and latest dev build has issues.
F5-V is slow & buggy atm and I don't like the UI, 4K video is broken, no HDR.
Manual Camera has great UI & Control but no video recording & HDR ?!!!!
Motorola has ****ty UI, but feels polished. Burst mode works great, but no HDR. No focus control while recording video.
HTC Camera has a ****ty UI and no HDR. (But is the best one overall with focus control during 4K Video recording)
Google Camera is a joke but is the only one with working HDR.

Pick your poison.
I would love a fully functioning ColorOS camera port.
Any advice ?

Zerreth

Oct 20, 2010
Brugge
Um, I can look into porting it over. It might just work if you strip the apk out of the ROM.

That would be great but there already has been a port made for the oneplus one CM12 and Ive tried using that one but it just crashes on opening the app. (running CM12 myself here too)
http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/port-coloros-camera-cm11s-t3030369

Maybe you can contact the guy/girl behind that port and work something out.
I've gotten to the point where I would pay for a decent camera app for the nexus 6.

hockeyplayr

Oct 13, 2010
Jersey
Just a quick update for anyone following this thread. I gathered up some source stuff and will be starting to dive into the ColorOS camera port along side a few others.

If you have any other camera that's not functional on the N6 post it in this thread and I will look into it.

I think I'd love you forever if this became a reality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I seen the old Moto camera posted before but not the new one. This is the stock Motorola Camera+ from the MotoX with Gallery. This is based of 5.X.X so it should work across most lollipop builds. I have tested this on stock and AOSP ROM's.

023c1354ae0265d74be714fb9712e4df.jpg

17f476a7abce7cb6af90034ba71e8823.jpg

If you want the additional options (settings) to work you must change you're build.prop on the line that says "release-keys" to "tests keys". I will upload the build.prop also, I stripped out the OEM specific junk also. The exact line in the build prop to change is :
    ro.build.tags=release-keys (original)
    to
    ro.build.tags=test-keys (changed)

Of course all the same rules apply. Myself or XDA are NOT responsible for the lack of common sense or stupidity, resulting in bootloops or non functional devices.

**The settings I'm referring to is the little (bug) icon when you slide out the settings wheel from the right.**

- Download
    - Flash (TWRP Recommended)
    - Profit

- Zip Download -
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzgUrWZ7XZ0rdmxld0RPZkJtNzg/edit?usp=docslist_api

**The build.prop is for the STOCK NEXUS 6 5.1 BUILD ONLY! If you are using a different build other then that adjust the build prop manually.

- Nexus 6 5.1 build.prop Download -
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzgUrWZ7XZ0raVZzNF8xZE8yeTg/edit?usp=docslist_api

I don't ask for donations. The best way to show support is smashing the like button.
    Just a quick update for anyone following this thread. I gathered up some source stuff and will be starting to dive into the ColorOS camera port along side a few others.

If you have any other camera that's not functional on the N6 post it in this thread and I will look into it.
    Good luck! Looking forward to the ColorOS camera!

Sorry for the delay on the ColorOS camera. I've had some personal (life stuff) things raining on life lol. If no one has achieved the port yet I have it ported and running on my N6 stock 5.1.1....but..... When you take a picture it force closes. I have logs its mainly kernel (code) that needs tweaked. I'm actually looking into hooking in to modify what I need with Xposed. This isn't best for everyone but for the time being it should work. Should have some Beta builds up in a few days.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Um, I can look into porting it over. It might just work if you strip the apk out of the ROM.
    Both the HTC and the Motorola are missing HDR options. The Motorola Camera has less functionality than the HTC camera, specifically I need to be able to set focus while 4K video recording.
    The burst mode is very good on this one. Overall I think ALL camera apps are missing one thing or another, which I think is very frustrating.

LCamera is outdated, has no HDR and latest dev build has issues.
    F5-V is slow & buggy atm and I don't like the UI, 4K video is broken, no HDR.
    Manual Camera has great UI & Control but no video recording & HDR ?!!!!
    Motorola has ****ty UI, but feels polished. Burst mode works great, but no HDR. No focus control while recording video.
    HTC Camera has a ****ty UI and no HDR. (But is the best one overall with focus control during 4K Video recording)
    Google Camera is a joke but is the only one with working HDR.

Pick your poison.
    I would love a fully functioning ColorOS camera port.
    Any advice ?