Question Modded GCam for Pixel 6a with Motion?

Search This thread

ml11ML

Mar 1, 2015
In my experience the default gcam struggles with landscape photos making the grass look very strange when used on a large screen as a desktop wallpaper. I also find the zoomed in detail pretty poor on the newest update compared to when I first bought the 6a.

I found this gcam mod from MWP called "Gcam_8.4.300_beta6" that seems to fix both of those problems. The only bug I found with it is sometimes the image looks very blue or very orange, but this goes away after restarting the app.

The only settings that I changed from default were in Settings -> Advanced -> Super res zoom (ON) and also Settings -> Advanced -> Lib-patcher -> Custom Libs (MWP-NoiC).

I find that Custom Libs setting to have the best detail from my limited testing side by side but it does make the photo slightly less vibrant than the default google camera app.

Link: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-MWP/
I also tried the new beta7 but it crash looped for me so I went back to the beta6.

Firend

Sep 23, 2023
I use a Pixel 6a with latest LineageOS 20 for microg and would like to use the Google Camera App. Why is the Play Store version "not compatible" with this device? Is there any hope that one day it will be compatible?

Last edited:

Firend

Sep 23, 2023
Yes I have done but portrait mode don't work and on january stock. Also I'm freaked out if this cmakes the gcam worse or something and I prefer an custom apk, but maybe is de same. thank you
Portrait mode is still buggy on BSG 8.7 on LineageOS 20 for microg. Besides that, it seems to be the mod with the least bugs for me.

Top Liked Posts