Question Modded GCam?

Search This thread

gothicdemons

Nov 22, 2012
Has anyone tried the latest 8.4.300 beta2? It feels good to have the WB sliders and still apply the configs posted in the previous page by Gnalus :)

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
Latest Gcam beta works fantastic on P6P with Libpatch 100% quality.

8.4.300.v1_beta 3

I noticed on beta 2 video would stutter. Haven't tried this one out yet but pics are great.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has tried ot but I have Camera Zoom fx for like 10 years and forgot about it.m.instalked it the other day and at 100% and touch to focus, it takes GREAT PICS. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slide.cameraZoom
I got it for 10 cents back in the day. Idk how much it is. Camera API 2 crashes the app for some strange reason. But I have used it to take a few pics. I will be experimenting with both today

Attachments

• PXL_20220330_140913559.jpg
    PXL_20220330_140913559.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 288
  • CameraZOOM-20220330101112027_orig_1.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20220330101112027_orig_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
Reactions: Alekos

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
Latest Gcam beta works fantastic on P6P with Libpatch 100% quality.

8.4.300.v1_beta 3

I noticed on beta 2 video would stutter. Haven't tried this one out yet but pics are great.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has tried ot but I have Camera Zoom fx for like 10 years and forgot about it.m.instalked it the other day and at 100% and touch to focus, it takes GREAT PICS. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slide.cameraZoom
I got it for 10 cents back in the day. Idk how much it is. Camera API 2 crashes the app for some strange reason. But I have used it to take a few pics. I will be experimenting with both today
Camera Zoom is 5.99$. I wouldn't mind a 7 day trial but the 15 (30min?) refund window in play store is kinda meh

been waiting for the beta3 of MWP. beta1/2 didn't have the options of the latest stable. But MWP_xHDR is a gamechanger imo. The quality and depth of these photos is really unprecedented in smartphones.

been using the pixel mod from mwp for a few years. If you have a Pixel 3 for example, the quality is results can sometimes be better than the 6 series.

Reactions: Gytole

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
Camera Zoom is 5.99$. I wouldn't mind a 7 day trial but the 15 (30min?) refund window in play store is kinda meh

been waiting for the beta3 of MWP. beta1/2 didn't have the options of the latest stable. But MWP_xHDR is a gamechanger imo. The quality and depth of these photos is really unprecedented in smartphones.

been using the pixel mod from mwp for a few years. If you have a Pixel 3 for example, the quality is results can sometimes be better than the 6 series.
That's because they both take 12MP shots.

dennis_cu

Jan 12, 2012
New to the Pixel world, any of you guys suggest the best gcam version to download? I am using the Japan variant. Thanks!

jspikeball123

Jan 13, 2015
Would anyone here know how to get either this camera mod or another way to reenable auto flash? Night sight straight up doesn't work in no light situations which I am in constantly. I tried with developer tags but didn't seem to be able to make much happen. Thanks

User.Hemlock

Sep 21, 2017
Gcam is crashing every time I try to open it. Running GrapheneOS on PIxel 7, but I do have all google play services/framework/etc enabled. Any ideas why it might not be working?

User.Hemlock

Sep 21, 2017
Anyway...
This time I was able to get a crash log. Can anyone make sense of this?

``` type: crash osVersion: google/panther/panther:13/TD1A.221105.001/2022113000:user/release-keys package: com.google.android.GoogleCameraEng:64473887 process: com.google.android.GoogleCameraEng processUptime: 461 + 296 ms java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.google.googlex.gcam.Gcam.f()' on a null object reference at jzd.run(Unknown Source:93) at btm.run(Unknown Source:169) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:942) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7904) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:548) at com.android.internal.os.ExecInit.main(ExecInit.java:49) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.nativeFinishInit(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.main(RuntimeInit.java:355) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.google.googlex.gcam.Gcam.f()' on a null object reference at dux.get(Unknown Source:1765) at oum.get(Unknown Source:45) at egz.a(Unknown Source:23) at dmr.get(Unknown Source:1206) at oum.get(Unknown Source:45) at dnf.get(Unknown Source:2159) at oum.get(Unknown Source:45) at jjr.get(Unknown Source:1199) at oum.get(Unknown Source:45) at ekx.get(Unknown Source:1099) at oum.get(Unknown Source:45) at oul.get(Unknown Source:63) at bqc.c(Unknown Source:112) at bqc.a(Unknown Source:35) at bww.run(Unknown Source:41) ... 11 more ```

73sydney

Account currently disabled
Best gcam for P6p
Bigkaka lastest with this config:
https://tinyurl.com/4xwxhhjv

Can be helpful to provide links when you recommend things :)

plus theres a config

here:

Also, confused, theres 2 files in that zip you uploaded

fillwithjoy1

Jul 13, 2022
Specifically looking for a gcam mod that allows me to change the model to pixel 7 pro to get these features that we don't have on Pixel 6 Pro
  • Cinematic Mode
  • 10-bit HDR (unsure if the hardware can run this)
  • Night Sight Exposure timer
  • 50MP Raw (if possible)

Reactions: flipp0

fillwithjoy1

Jul 13, 2022
Actually pixel 7 Pro also couldn't output 50mp raw originally
We talking about Pixel 6 Pro not pixel 7 pro. The reason I mentioned pixel 7 pro is that I'm looking to get the exclusive pixel 7 pro features that aren't available in Pixel 6 Pro right now like:
  • Cinematic Mode
  • 10-bit HDR Video
  • Night sight exposure timer
  • 50MP Raw (if possible)
However you do mention that the Pixel 7 Pro wasn't capable, was that a hardware thing or the gcam app just downscaling the 50MP to 12.5MP?

Juuuuune

May 23, 2021
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4
我们谈论的是 Pixel 6 Pro 而不是 Pixel 7 Pro。我提到 Pixel 7 pro 的原因是我希望获得 Pixel 6 Pro 现在不可用的独家 Pixel 7 pro 功能,例如:
  • 电影模式
  • 10 位 HDR 视频
  • 夜视曝光计时器
  • 50MP Raw(如果可能)
但是您确实提到 Pixel 7 Pro 没有能力,是硬件问题还是 gcam 应用程序只是将 50MP 缩小到 12.5MP?
In the 6 series/7 series, Google always combines four pixels into one output to get more light even in raw. Pixel7 Pro will only enable 50mp/48mp mode at 2x zoom and 10x zoom and use the center 12.5mp/12mp imaging. In other words, you can't enable full 50mp/48mp on 6/7 series unless Google do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest experiment. I'm *really* happy with this camera now. With these settings, I get JPEGs that are almost precisely the same, in terms of noise and sharpness, as the DNG files. On all three sensors! (Haven't tested the front camera.) And I've compared the main sensor results to my modified 3XL, which I've been happy with for years: I can cheerfully report that the new, larger sensor does just what it's supposed to: lowers noise at equivalent ISO. The results are very close at low ISOs, although there's no question that the 6 Pro is a subtle improvement. But that's for ordinary light levels. When I compare at very high ISOs (eg. in the range of 2800, without using Night Sight), the results aren't close at all: the 6 Pro blows the 3XL out of the water. And when you do use Night Sight, the results are similar: much more noise on the 3XL.

I'm not sure I'm going to fiddle around with these setting any more, unless people have specific recommendations; there isn't much point, given that I now have JPEGs that are as useful as the DNG files. To turn the DNG into almost the same image, all I have to do is pump saturation and vibrance (significantly!) in Lightroom, and add a touch of clarity. The DNG still has the distortion issue, and doesn't seem to offer a significant increase in exposure latitude (surprisingly enough — although I haven't experimented with extremes). So I expect I'll shoot only JPEGs from now on. Here's what I've come up with:

GCam 8.3.252 | Mod (ver : 1d) by MWP

Tone Curve: OFF

Everything on the Lib Patcher is set to "OFF (Default as lib)", except the following:

Sharpness: 0.25
    Luma: 0.5
    Chroma: 0.3125

This in fact gives me an image that's sharper, OOC, than the 3XL, which requires more sharpening in Lightroom to match it. And the noise profile is still marginally better in daylight, and *vastly* better in low light.

Folks, this is a good camera. The ultrawide sensor is merely okay (but we knew that); the main and telephoto lens/sensor combinations are probably as good as you'll see on a smartphone.
    I am using MWP gcam 8.3.253: it works rather well on the P6 pro (all lenses) and offers some manual tweaking (including for astro). It is still a beta version.
    I've asked the dev on his Telegram group about the crashing issue when faces were on the frame and he gave me the solution :

in Mod Settings -> Developer Settings : untick "segmenter_use_darwinn_tpu_delegate"
    And no more crash for me! No side effect so far as well

BTW, the latest 252 1c version has been released here :
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-MWP/
    This is without the modded apk... Pretty excited to have the modded version!!!!!
    I swear I don't know where these stars come from lol but here in Ireland when I look to the sky I can see max about 10 stars 😂😆 other countries have everything 😔 even stars! Lol
    This is without the modded apk... Pretty excited to have the modded version!!!!!