• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

modded recovery image

Search This thread

MMTest97

Mar 12, 2007
So I got a new g1 w/ RC29. I went through all the steps for installing the modified recovery image. Then verified it was installed by starting the recovery screen and saw "using test keys". Copied the update file to the sd card (downloaded the one from the thread here JF RC 30v1.2 full, renamed and flashed the update.zip using the recovery and update from sdcard. Succesfull on installing RC 30 v1.2 w/ no errors. Just for giggles after thinking everything was fine, but being one to triple check the obvious I put the phone into recovery mode and when I did, "using test keys" was not part of the start up. just looks like the normal recovery screen

does the RC 30 v1.2 rename the recovery image and remove the "using test keys", or should I still see "using test keys" after the install of RC 30 v1.2?

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
So I got a new g1 w/ RC29. I went through all the steps for installing the modified recovery image. Then verified it was installed by starting the recovery screen and saw "using test keys". Copied the update file to the sd card (downloaded the one from the thread here JF RC 30v1.2 full, renamed and flashed the update.zip using the recovery and update from sdcard. Succesfull on installing RC 30 v1.2 w/ no errors. Just for giggles after thinking everything was fine, but being one to triple check the obvious I put the phone into recovery mode and when I did, "using test keys" was not part of the start up. just looks like the normal recovery screen

does the RC 30 v1.2 rename the recovery image and remove the "using test keys", or should I still see "using test keys" after the install of RC 30 v1.2?

The modified recovery image included in Mod RC30 v1.2 is different from the original version. The maintainer, JesusFreke, simply forgot to add the testkeys message to the newer version. Bug is already documented in the Mod RC30 v1.2 thread.

As long as you successfully installed Mod RC30 v1.2 you should not have to worry. ;)

JesusFreke

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2008
Dallas
The modified recovery image included in Mod RC30 v1.2 is different from the original version. The maintainer, JesusFreke, simply forgot to add the testkeys message to the newer version. Bug is already documented in the Mod RC30 v1.2 thread.

As long as you successfully installed Mod RC30 v1.2 you should not have to worry. ;)

What he ^ said :D