Software Development Modded syu.ms.apk

Search This thread

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
@seb21 this version fixed my issue of only being able to assign double press and long press to a single button. Have tested an now can assign double press and long press to multiple buttons. Thanks.

BTW, the idea of a future intent option looks interesting. Will that intent be able to open a Split Screen maker app shortcut? That would be extremely useful. We would then be able to launch 2 apps in a split screen from a button.

A future option for separate user sources lists per button may be useful, too.

Thank you for an excellent solution that no doubt will help many people.
The intents will be almost fully configurable,that meant : Activity,Service and Broadcast with full range of Extras.
And for clarity : Your SWC (analog) are now fully configurable and working ?

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
What’s the installation process? I tried the zip you provided previously but after reboot I see the Android robot with no command message. I installed it from the file manager and I don’t know if installed.
At what ZIP are you referring ? I have provided not a single ZIP. For the installation read post #15 in this thread.

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
The intents will be almost fully configurable,that meant : Activity,Service and Broadcast with full range of Extras.
And for clarity : Your SWC (analog) are now fully configurable and working ?
@seb21 My SWC is CAN driven and it is now fully working. I can now assign long press and double press to multiple buttons. In the initial version, I could only assign double and long press to a single button.

@seb21 this version fixed my issue of only being able to assign double press and long press to a single button. Have tested an now can assign double press and long press to multiple buttons. Thanks.

BTW, the idea of a future intent option looks interesting. Will that intent be able to open a Split Screen maker app shortcut? That would be extremely useful. We would then be able to launch 2 apps in a split screen from a button.

A future option for separate user sources lists per button may be useful, too.

Thank you for an excellent solution that no doubt will help many people.
Useful also to sort them

Reactions: ludditefornow

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
No. syu.ms.apk is a system apk. It can be only istalled using the lsec method.
Then I guess is not installed but I can change buttons function with the mod config app
Any idea why can’t be installed? After installation do you see any message in the screen or the no command with android robot is normal?
In the 7862isec.sh I see this
cp -rf /storage/sdcard1/190000000_com.syu.ms_modded.apk
but there is no sdcard in my unit, only usb

Last edited:

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
In my post you find a bunch of explanation on what each line does under a Spoiler tag.
That line is not complete and it should have an additional argument at the end. It's trying to copy the said file to nowhere as there's no copy-to path given.
The file should contain exactly this:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

#backup original
cp -rf /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk  /storage/sdcard1/backup/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk

#replace original with modded one
cp -rf /storage/sdcard1/190000000_com.syu.ms_modded.apk /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk
chown -R 0.0 /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk
chmod 0755 /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms
chmod 0644 /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk

Unfortunately I don't know what the USB storage on your system is named as. In my case it's named as "sdcard1", but I also have a USB DVR camera installed which is probably mounted first as "sdcard0".

Thank you for letting me know.
Please try this version.

Info for all . In this version the only change is made to analog SWC.
Should I update the installer zip file with this version?

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
In my post you find a bunch of explanation on what each line does under a Spoiler tag.
That line is not complete and it should have an additional argument at the end. It's trying to copy the said file to nowhere as there's no copy-to path given.
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

#backup original
cp -rf /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk  /storage/sdcard1/backup/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk

cp -rf /storage/sdcard1/190000000_com.syu.ms_modded.apk /oem/app/190000000_com.syu.ms/190000000_com.syu.ms.apk

Unfortunately I don't know what the USB storage on your system is named as. In my case it's named as "sdcard1", but I also have a USB DVR camera installed which is probably mounted first as "sdcard0".

Not yet. I don't have clear answer if analog SWC is working.
Sdcard0 is always built-in memory. Mine is sdcard1 and I have no more devices attached

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

#backup original

Ok, maybe the problem is that I plug the usb to a usb hub and under file manager shows as usb6, I also have a usb dvr and shows as usb4. I try will try directly to usb port of headunit after disconnect the dvr camera.
Have you check the can protocol version?
thanks for the zip file

Thank you for letting me know.
Please try this version.

Info for all . In this version the only change is made to analog SWC.
Tried this 'new' version but analog SWC still doesn't work unfortunately.

Another issue I encountered is when I press the Back or Home button on my head unit, sometimes I get a double beep (key tone) instead of the usual single beep.
Funny thing is that it is not consistent. I tried pressing multiple times (with pause in between so as not to trigger the double press function) and i can be getting single beep for few press and then out of the blue a double beep sounded. Not sure if anyone else is facing this issue.

barnesk9

Sep 23, 2008
@seb21 Thank you SO MUCH!!! I just bought a new car that's CANBUS controlled and only 2 of my 7 buttons worked and even those were backwards. This solved my problem!

2 questions for you though.

1. Do you have a donate link? I'd love to support your efforts and

2. I've noticed that when using the car link app some of the controls don't work (play/pause, voice input, others too but those are one I know for certain) Do you have any ideas as to why?

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
@seb21 Thank you SO MUCH!!! I just bought a new car that's CANBUS controlled and only 2 of my 7 buttons worked and even those were backwards. This solved my problem!

2 questions for you though.

1. Do you have a donate link? I'd love to support your efforts and

2. I've noticed that when using the car link app some of the controls don't work (play/pause, voice input, others too but those are one I know for certain) Do you have any ideas as to why?

Hi.
1.If you want to, here you have. PayPal .But it's not necessary.Thanks anyway.
2. I can not help you with this problem. Ask at the forum, maybe someone can help you.

barnesk9

Sep 23, 2008
I updated to the new version of the Joying Firmware for the 1920 x 1200 unit hoping to fix my problem with carlink and now the modded apk won't install I tried the apk from the first post and the zip from post 15 and I can't downgrade the firmware

@seb21 would it be possible to update the script for the new version or could you tell me what is required to do it?

zinemahk

Jul 2, 2010
Excuse my english.
Instalation was ok, but I have a Navifly TS model with portrait screen. It makes the Mod Config app useless, because I only can see/use part of the menus.
Any solution? Thanks.

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
Excuse my english.
Instalation was ok, but I have a Navifly TS model with portrait screen. It makes the Mod Config app useless, because I only can see/use part of the menus.
Any solution? Thanks.
Sorry for that. I'm new to this typical android stuff like layouts and dealing with different screen resolutions. I will however learn something new and make the UI work on different screen orientations.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Hi @seb21, i haven't installed your app yet, but i hope to be able to do so soon. Reading the varius post in this treath, i read about long pressure and double pressure of the steering wheel controls.
I have a Peugeot 308, and my steering wheel controls don't accept long pressure and/or double pressure; if i installed your app, my steering wheel controls will accept it? Also with the original radio, the simultaneous pressing of Vol+ and Vol- paused the music, with your app is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks you for the work you do.

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
Hi @seb21, i haven't installed your app yet, but i hope to be able to do so soon. Reading the varius post in this treath, i read about long pressure and double pressure of the steering wheel controls.
I have a Peugeot 308, and my steering wheel controls don't accept long pressure and/or double pressure; if i installed your app, my steering wheel controls will accept it? Also with the original radio, the simultaneous pressing of Vol+ and Vol- paused the music, with your app is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks you for the work you do.
Hi.
If your car controls handles the buttons normal way (button state is sent only on button physically state change) then yes it should work.
It looks like pressing simultaneous Vol+ and Vol- sends another code : MUTE .
Just try it . If my mod will not work or you don't want to use it ,you can always go back to standard syu.ms.apk .

Reactions: Specy01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @seb21 Thank you for the awsome app just a quick question I have a COHO FTY and my problem is my resolution of the screen is 1920x720 is there any way to force scale the app to make it full screen currently it is very small in the center (the original one that is)?
    I will make changes to the UI to fit your resolution.
    Hi everyone.
    New versions available . Updated first post.
    I see, I'm not really guru in the TEYES structure, I think that here around this thread you must find someone who knows TEYES strusture better than me.
    I see, I'm not really guru in the TEYES structure, I think that here around this thread you must find someone who knows TEYES strusture better than me.
    Sounds good. Also, thanks for everything you've done for the community. I've just started playing with these headunits and all of the work you (and surfer and seb and others) have done are a huge benefit to everyone.
    Sounds good. Also, thanks for everything you've done for the community. I've just started playing with these headunits and all of the work you (and surfer and seb and others) have done are a huge benefit to everyone.
    Well fellow, welcome to the FYT world, we all count on you to join our group, with fresh ideas, improvements, we all together try to deliver better experiences and customization possibilities to these firmwares !

Now we have to stay in the main thread subject "Modded com.syu.ms"
    Hi all.
    This syu.ms.apk mod main function is to extend control of steering wheel controls (CAN based) plus some extra.
    It is two part mod :
    - factory com.syu.ms.apk must be replaced with this modded syu.ms.apk - easiest way is to use lsec mathod . If you don't know how see post #15
    - Mod Config App (install like every apk ) - the configuration tool for this mod.
    For more information please read user manual.txt

Change log :
    - added possibility to assign intents to buttons.
    - Config App : added UI for vertical screens
    26.01.2023 :
    - added possibility to use up to 5 different user apps lists
    - added possibility to use you own order of app in the carousel.
    - added external assets files. I attached a zip file with all used assets. - This is based on @mariodantas idea
    - added system property for @mariodantas project.

As there is no point to maintain two different versions of syu.ms.apk files i will use the newest, for now is from the joying firmware (04-11-2022)

For now i am working on totally re-built the UI of the settings app.
    For translations thanks to :
    @muzoss - German
    @daviddosa - Hungarian
    @mariodantas - French
    @surfer63 - Dutch
    If anyone wants to update their translation i updated the strings.xml file in first post.
    New versions of Config App and syu.ms i will post tomorrow .
    I have updated the installer to include the new ModConfigApp and newer versions of modded syu.ms.apk.
    Find it in post #15.
    Excuse my english.
    Any solution? Thanks.
    Sorry for that. I'm new to this typical android stuff like layouts and dealing with different screen resolutions. I will however learn something new and make the UI work on different screen orientations.
    Hi everyone.
    New versions available . Updated first post.