Modding Chinese Android Hero H6 (android 2.1)

Search This thread

A n d r e

Sep 18, 2009
Hello!
I just bought an Chinese Android Phone Hero H6. I guess it's the cheapest Android Phone available (it sells for like US$120) and it has a MTK6516 chip.

I could root it using Universal Androot, but I'd like to take it to the next step:
use apps2sd or maybe update it to Froyo (I don't know if it's possible since it appears to have only 128MB RAM).

To install apps2sd I'd have to update the recovery, right?
Does anyone here has the same device so we can try to make it happen?

I'd be very grateful! :)

Thank you!

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut
Y
Hello!
I just bought an Chinese Android Phone Hero H6. I guess it's the cheapest Android Phone available (it sells for like US$120) and it has a MTK6516 chip.

I could root it using Universal Androot, but I'd like to take it to the next step:
use apps2sd or maybe update it to Froyo (I don't know if it's possible since it appears to have only 128MB RAM).

Thank you!

I Wont Lie To You, I'm Not Really Familiar With The Chinese Version, But I Do Have The Cdma Hero!!
You Should Be Able To Do The Same Thing As Me!! Don't See Why Not??

Try *Z4Root* For "Root", & Install
*Rom Manager* For "Recovery"

Also There's A App Called *Install- Manager* That Will Allow You To Move Apps From Phone Without Partitioning Your Sdcard!!

Hope This Helps!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Reactions: mercan01

A n d r e

Sep 18, 2009
Y

I Wont Lie To You, I'm Not Really Familiar With The Chinese Version, But I Do Have The Cdma Hero!!

Also There's A App Called *Install- Manager* That Will Allow You To Move Apps From Phone Without Partitioning Your Sdcard!!

Hope This Helps!!

Hello!
I installed Rom Manager, but I got a little afraid with the big warning when you first run it lol

Is it possible to brick my phone when I install the ClockworkMod Recovery? I don't know if it's compatible...

I'll install the Install Manager and see if it's good..

Thank you!

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut
Hello!
I installed Rom Manager, but I got a little afraid with the big warning when you first run it lol

Is it possible to brick my phone when I install the ClockworkMod Recovery? I don't know if it's compatible...

I'll install the Install Manager and see if it's good..

Thank you!

I Had The Same WARNING....LOL!!
They Just Have That To Protect Them!! I Guess??

makintral

Jan 6, 2011
i have recently bought the exact same phone

and i was wondering if i could root the phone
i'm afraid of running the universal androot and busybox
i want to put some apps in the SD, and also i would like to make a full backup, just in case i brick it
final goal is putting 2.2 in it
anyone... help? i'm rather new at this

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut
i have recently bought the exact same phone

and i was wondering if i could root the phone
i'm afraid of running the universal androot and busybox
i want to put some apps in the SD, and also i would like to make a full backup, just in case i brick it
final goal is putting 2.2 in it
anyone... help? i'm rather new at this

Go To My Posts! I Think I Posted A App Called "Z4Root"?

Anyway, Use That To Root Your Phone (May Take A Few Tries)
But Definitely Works!!!

Then Depending If You Have S-on You May Have To Download "Unrevoked-Forever" From The Unrevoked.com Website.

Next You Can Go To The Market & Install "ROM Manager" Open That App, Select Flash Recovery, Confirm, Then Go To Install From SdCard.

Select The Unrevoked-Forever Zip, (Make Sure It's Put On The Main Directory Of Your SdCard)
Next I Believe It Will Bring You To Your New Recovery Screen!!

*Note* Recovery Menu Can Be Accessed By Powering Off, Then Powering Back On While Holding Volume Down, Once The Phones On Press The Home Button To Get Into Recovery!

Hopefully This Helps!!

Any Other Questions,
PM Me.... I'll Help You Out!

Capeschae

Feb 17, 2008
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Chinese SuperPad and now I'm looking for a Chinese Android Phone. I am thinking of the H6, H9 or Star A3000. All use the same processor.

How are your experiences until now with your phones?

Sent from my SuperPad using XDA app.

blassmegod

Dec 21, 2010
Hello!

Thank you!

Could you please upload a ROM backup from your Android phone, i need it to test it o a Gigabyte Gsmart s1205 with the same processor?

marioh

Apr 16, 2007
Otranto (LE)
Are there any news.
Is there a way to install a Modded rRecovery on my Star A3000 (dualsim, froyo, CPU Mediatek MTK6515)?
Thank's to who will help me !!!

HerrBulles

Jan 31, 2010
Bucuresti
I just bought an chinese dual sim with Android, named H2000 . It use MTK 6515 processor and I have a little problem with it after few hoours of using : The PC cannot recognise the device anymore when I connect it to USB port.
At the first time it use to pop up a menu asking me what to do when I connect USB cable to PC , but now it happens nothing and the USB SETTINGS option from menu is gone too .
I don't know what to do ...
Could somebody help ?

Jan 7, 2011
Hero H6 Mtk 6516 recovery.img

Hi there
I am looking for a recovery.img for my H6 (mtk6516) which gives me the 'update.zip' option when I start the phone in recovery mode. My recovery just shows a triangle with exclamation mark, no options. or am i doing something wrong? Can anyone post a recovery.img?
I appreciate any help!

Cheers!

fat_fat

Mar 5, 2007
Hi there
I am looking for a recovery.img for my H6 (mtk6516) which gives me the 'update.zip' option when I start the phone in recovery mode. My recovery just shows a triangle with exclamation mark, no options. or am i doing something wrong? Can anyone post a recovery.img?
I appreciate any help!

Cheers!
here is the recovery for the h6.
i flashed it using the serial cable, but i am sure you can flash it using adb
megaupload.com/?d=TPYW1GT6

Reactions: ottovonschrotto

fran77

Dec 22, 2010
I need the original firmware for H6, can somebody upload it?

Here is the driver for USB MT6516

megaupload.com/?d=DDRGAX32

Jan 7, 2011
So I tried fat_fats recovery.img for the H6, thanks again for the file.
it didn't work though. my screen just flashes in bright light and then the device reboots normally. i do have another revovery that gives me just an exclamation mark and no update.zip option. is there any other way or another recovery.img around to update the h6 from 2.1 to 2.2? any ideas? thanks!

fat_fat

Mar 5, 2007
hmm.. thats Odd.. maybe we don't have the same phone???
does your phone have 2 sim cards readers? you might have to life the black sticker under the battery.
the recovery i have, i flashed using a serial/usb cable.
i have the schamatics to build the cable and the flashing utility. I can upload when i get to my computer if you would like!
thats how i was able to update my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Y
    Hello!

Thank you!

Hope This Helps!!

Hi there
    I appreciate any help!

Cheers!
    here is the recovery for the h6.
    i flashed it using the serial cable, but i am sure you can flash it using adb
    megaupload.com/?d=TPYW1GT6
    I have H6 with android 2.1.
    Recovery: megaupload: DXC1BMEO (I cant post links)
    ROM: megaupload: NDTK10L6

1. Root your phone (Universal Androot)
    2. install a terminal emulator
    3. copy recovery and ROM to SD card (root directory)
    4. run terminal
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    5. power-off the phone
    6. hold the VOL + when power-on the phone
    7. choose the third item (see the words ROM and Zip)
    8. choose file h6public3.zip
    9. confirm (press menu button 2 times)
    10. reset (2nd item from bottom)
    Recovered the recovery image!

I have found an english version of the recovery image for the A3000 on the mobileuncle site. I followed the instructions on page 6 to install, i.e.:

1. Root your phone (Universal Androot) - Mine was already rooted using Z4Root
    2. install a terminal emulator - I used connectBot, works for local and ssh/telnet
    3. copy recovery and ROM to SD card (root directory)
    4. run terminal
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    5. reboot the phone

The thread from mobileuncle is "Resistive A3000 MTK Android2.2 Recovery0.9.1 English Version"

I believe it would probably work on the H6, it's worth a try anyway.

Here is the file:
    One question: how did you download from myuncle? I never managed to even when logged in, how do the download links work?
    You need login to see some images and post something (points system) to see links.