General Modding: MY ROM (I'm using) IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS...

Search This thread

riccardorossi64

Jan 13, 2017
Florence ITALY
A FREE SPACE TO COMPARATE ALL NP1 CUSTOM ROM WITH YOUR REVIEW AND POINT OF VIEW
------------------
Hi guys,
let me open this thread in order to bring togher all the info and news referring the Custom Rom (Paranoid Android, Lineage, etc.) that will be build (...I hope so)
Also waiting for TWRP and Orange official release...
Please post here news with sources
All the Best

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@riccardorossi64 Prefix of thread changed from "Development" to "General" as it didn't qualify for the first one! Please don't change it.

Prior to your next posting, please read the announcements and guidances that are stuck at the top of every forum or section like
Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Seaman228

Feb 1, 2022
I wonder if the phone ever will get another update, update for this month is late.

My belief is that Nothing is Nothing soon tbh also i think that PA screenshot is fake.
fake? I'm using a Paranoid a13 beta test, so far we can't give a release, the fingerprint doesn't work well, the glyph is being finalized, do you want a raw product and then cry to the developers?

riccardorossi64

Jan 13, 2017
Florence ITALY
fake? I'm using a Paranoid a13 beta test, so far we can't give a release, the fingerprint doesn't work well, the glyph is being finalized, do you want a raw product and then cry to the developers?
Thanks for Your update!
One question: how You flash Paranoid custom rom on our Nothing Phone? Via TWRP ora Orange? Orange is still in test.
Il will be important to have a recovery in order to get a Nandroid backup, now, solving future bricks or others problems...
Thanks

Seaman228

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks for Your update!
One question: how You flash Paranoid custom rom on our Nothing Phone? Via TWRP ora Orange? Orange is still in test.
Il will be important to have a recovery in order to get a Nandroid backup, now, solving future bricks or others problems...
Thanks
the beta version is installed fastbootd through the firmware of all the necessary sections through flash.bat slot b in the same way you can return to nothingOS. I don’t know how the release will be installed.

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I bought my Nothing Phone 1 for the modding... 😢
A Google Phone would be better for modding. Or any other big flagship with open source kernel. Sadly OnePlus is really bad now. I bought a 10 Pro for a Family Member. Its ColorOS now and does not support "real root" anymore.

I really hope Nothing will be more open for modding in the feature so far its a great device.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Good news, thanks FI mate ;)
You should post more news on your TG, people are sometimes boring by asking ETA, but just post a pictures PA A12/13 without "nothing" other information from 2 months is also not a good idea if you want the peace ^^

I bought my Nothing Phone 1 for the modding... 😢
If you want directly custom rom, don't asking for custom rom for a device out there 2 months ago.
For sure Nothing Phone 1 will have a lot of custom rom in the future, first release/base is the rule for that.
It's better to be patient and have a good custom rom instead a rom incomplete or unstable.
Above all, installation/recovery is missing for the moment (only cuctom rom can be instalable by sideload)
and a lot of people are not ready to install a custom rom by this way, without a custom recovery.

A Google Phone would be better for modding. Or any other big flagship with open source kernel. Sadly OnePlus is really bad now. I bought a 10 Pro for a Family Member. Its ColorOS now and does not support "real root" anymore.

I really hope Nothing will be more open for modding in the feature so far its a great device.
Like i said, device is young, patient a little and custom roms will come.

Last edited:
Reactions: riccardorossi64

riccardorossi64

Jan 13, 2017
Florence ITALY
Good news, thanks FI mate ;)
You should post more news on your TG, people are sometimes boring by asking ETA, but just post a pictures PA A12/13 without "nothing" other information from 2 months is also not a good idea if you want the peace ^^

If you want directly custom rom, don't asking for custom rom for a device out there 2 months ago.
For sure Nothing Phone 1 will have a lot of custom rom in the future, first release/base is the rule for that.
It's better to be patient and have a good custom rom instead a rom incomplete or unstable.
Above all, installation/recovery is missing for the moment (only cuctom rom can be instalable by sideload)
and a lot of people are not ready to install a custom rom by this way, without a custom recovery.

Like i said, device is young, patient a little and custom roms will come.
Thank you @Pho3nX
excellent explanation, very clear, you have finally explained to us "non-experts" the problems and therefore we will wait calmly for the updates that will arrive
thanks and ciao

Reactions: Pho3nX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hope not disturb You, @Pho3nX if I ask You a full review of RiceDroid custom ROM (customisation, stability, battery, ecc.)
    Thanks for Your help and support!
    Ciao

No problem ;)

For be clear : RiceDroid is the most complete and stable Custom Rom actually :
    - A13
    - NOS Camera (75% working, Portrait Mode & Night Mode don't work, other yes :))
    - Monet, UI
    - Customizations UI, User interface, Statusbar, Notifications, Haptics level vibration, Fonts, etc...
    - Refresh Rate from 60/90/120 choice auto or manual min/max rate choice
    - Green Privacy Icons for Location access can be removed
    - Pocket Mode, Unlocker FPS in game, Unlimited Photo storage on Google Photo
    - VoLTE/VoWiFi icons on Statusbar and customizable icons (usefull)
    - Battery life is for me the best on this rom, and approximatively ~20% better than my previous NOS Stock
    - Sounds problems have been fixed, DAC/APTC also, good sound in BT

The minor bugs :
    - Wallpaper scale first time, just remove Wallpaper Zoom and apply your wallpaper choice for both settings (Desk & lock screen)
    - APN (for my France carrier) must be edited/create for receive MMS. So if you can't receive MMS, you must add mms settings in your selected APN.

HOT NEWS : TWRP arrive soon ! Announce has been posted in TG, so now NP1 is one of the most fast device to have a lot Custom Roms available, A13 (before official stock rom) and already aTWRP recovery... and device is out the 17 june only.
    Hi! There is anyone that has tested all the 3 Custom Rom showing us the difference between them?
    I'm looking for a ROM with so many customisations... :)
    Thanks and ciao!

All three roms suffer the same problem (no full glyph support, flickering, drop frames/shuttered in games, low volume in call & recorder, etc...

But they provide a lot of customizations, especially RiceDroid. So if you want stability or use your device for a p^rofessionnal usage (work) keep NOS, if you prefer fun, custom, test A13 go on Custom ;)
    I hope not disturb You, @Pho3nX if I ask You a full review of RiceDroid custom ROM (customisation, stability, battery, ecc.)
    Thanks for Your help and support!
    Ciao

No problem ;)

For be clear : RiceDroid is the most complete and stable Custom Rom actually :
    - A13
    - NOS Camera (75% working, Portrait Mode & Night Mode don't work, other yes :))
    - Monet, UI
    - Customizations UI, User interface, Statusbar, Notifications, Haptics level vibration, Fonts, etc...
    - Refresh Rate from 60/90/120 choice auto or manual min/max rate choice
    - Green Privacy Icons for Location access can be removed
    - Pocket Mode, Unlocker FPS in game, Unlimited Photo storage on Google Photo
    - VoLTE/VoWiFi icons on Statusbar and customizable icons (usefull)
    - Battery life is for me the best on this rom, and approximatively ~20% better than my previous NOS Stock
    - Sounds problems have been fixed, DAC/APTC also, good sound in BT

The minor bugs :
    - Wallpaper scale first time, just remove Wallpaper Zoom and apply your wallpaper choice for both settings (Desk & lock screen)
    - APN (for my France carrier) must be edited/create for receive MMS. So if you can't receive MMS, you must add mms settings in your selected APN.

HOT NEWS : TWRP arrive soon ! Announce has been posted in TG, so now NP1 is one of the most fast device to have a lot Custom Roms available, A13 (before official stock rom) and already aTWRP recovery... and device is out the 17 june only.
    @riccardorossi64 Prefix of thread changed from "Development" to "General" as it didn't qualify for the first one! Please don't change it.

Prior to your next posting, please read the announcements and guidances that are stuck at the top of every forum or section like
    Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Still waiting for Paranoid Android update. When did they last give any information??
    PA is always the same... Announce big news, release maybe one build and that's all. Much talk nothing behind.
    PA is always the same... Announce big news, release maybe one build and that's all. Much talk nothing behind.

SO true....
    I wonder if the phone ever will get another update, update for this month is late.

My belief is that Nothing is Nothing soon tbh also i think that PA screenshot is fake.