General Modding: MY ROM (I'm using) IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS...

Search This thread

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Check the whole PA history and you'll understand what I mean. Since you're also an old XDA member it shouldn't be hard for you to find the answer.
I dont know the whole history of PA. There are multiple roms that i ignore and PA is one of them, mostly any rom that is not primarly on XDA. Anyway i like to choose my words more wisely since im "older". :p I dont think this is the right place to discuss about language.

Reactions: riccardorossi64

P6P

Oct 29, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Nothing Phone 1
I dont know the whole history of PA. There are multiple roms that i ignore and PA is one of them, mostly any rom that is not primarly on XDA. Anyway i like to choose my words more wisely since im "older". :p I dont think this is the right place to discuss about language.
Alles ok.😅

I respect the whole custom ROM scene especially because it's free. That's why I have also donated a lot to different devs to support them and their work.

It seems like everybody with the Nothing Phone counts a lot on PA. But if you check them out you'll see the most builds are not up to date. Doesn't matter what phone they support.
I just wanted to warn the users here, they'll probably be disappointed soon.

Reactions: Exodusnick

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Alles ok.😅

I respect the whole custom ROM scene especially because it's free. That's why I have also donated a lot to different devs to support them and their work.

It seems like everybody with the Nothing Phone counts a lot on PA. But if you check them out you'll see the most builds are not up to date. Doesn't matter what phone they support.
I just wanted to warn the users here, they'll probably be disappointed soon.
Im on your side here. I simply dont like the fact that you called them a joke while they provide free work. They are not reliable, they dont deliver but i would not insult them.

Schönen Tag der Deutschen Einheit noch :)

Reactions: P6P

P6P

Oct 29, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Nothing Phone 1
The whole PA history? Back in the day PA was royalty: halo, per app colour customization, pie navigation system, etc ...
When One Plus decided to part ways with Cyanogen to work on Oxygen they actually hired some of the PA team.
In their prime PA was the best custon rom ever.
Yeah I know that's why I said it's a joke now. It went worse and worse the last years. People still connect PA with the "old" PA.

Last edited:

maxed4901

Aug 11, 2013
Male'
www.blogger.com
PA is always the same... Announce big news, release maybe one build and that's all. Much talk nothing behind.
I agree to a point but PA is big. Stable, stock android. Most of all my weighing factor being stable. Today onePlus with their oxygenOS is renowned. A "team" of devs from PA joined OxygenOS team to make that happen..I feel Carl is following his success steps.

maxed4901

Aug 11, 2013
Male'
www.blogger.com
Yeah I know that's why I said it's a joke now. It went worse and worse the last years. People still connect PA with the "old" PA.
Agreed again to a point. Management has gone through big changes over the years. People age, replace, live... And with change comes difference of opinion like yours and mine. Per my opinion,.they have maintained their builds very well. Device changes are dependent on developers. Cherry picking things like Omni switch are upto the Dev mostly.

Alex and the team has always been top of android dev.. and this is coming from some one whose been banned from official groups for bad mouthing the devs. The old me, didn't really understand how much work goes into building something stable and awesome. 😝👍😆😎

Since this thread is not about PA only... I really want a NP1, but I'd never buy one before LOS is out there. Anyone who has any news on that?
I have some colleagues at lineage team where there is no info about the Nothing Phone 1
getting a custom Rom from lineageos.

Support for german users

Dashboard - LOS-Legacy®

Deine Android Community

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Personnaly i will revert back to Stock Rom and wait a more stable/mature Custom (i had PA), missing for me :

- No Glyph for Notifications and Ringtones (for a NP1 it's just not possible, it's like the salt without the pepper)
- No LDAC / APTX Sound, Sound is noisy, not clear when listend music
- A lot of Lags in big Games
- (from PA Alpha 2 only) : There no Signal Bar for each SIM signal, only 1 "Combined" signal, my second SIM is for my work, it's useful for me to know if my two SIM working fine.

Will try RiceDroid by curiosity before rollback stock (i know from my previeous device, Mi11, but any custom actually have Glyph Control for sound).

EDIT : Stock 1.1.6 now

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts