Modding your Joying/FYT SC9853i unit without root

Search This thread

acain

Apr 12, 2021
I have recently got a Joying UO138N4GSN 4GB/64GB SC9853i 1280x720 - 8 inch screen.
I was wanting to change the Density/DPI as I find the home/back buttons too small.

From what I've read it seems that I have to root the device in order to change the DPI.
I rooted and changed the DPI, however, Google Assistant doesn't answer with voice. (It shows audio volume 0) I understand this is due to the rooting?

I thought I would change back to the un-rooted boot image, which I seem to recall that worked with Assistant.

My question is - will my DPI setting be maintained or will it revert back to 160?

If it does revert, is it possible to add the density setting to the build.prop (fyt.prop) and use the method in start of the thread to change the DPI using the non-root method?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Google Voice is indeed crippled when you root your unit.

DPI is a "persistent" setting which means it stays like that until you change or do a firmware flash of your unit.
If you only replace the boot image again, so only flash the boot image, the DPI setting will remain.

I did not try to add the DPI to the fyt.prop, but indeed you could create an alternative Allapp.pkg and only put an extended fyt.prop in there.
I did not test that yet.

Reactions: acain

pajo985

Feb 27, 2009
There is no need to root or to mess with adb to change DPI.
You only should install this app:
With hidden settings you can change font size / display size like on any other Android device.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@pajo985 Have you actually used this on an Android Head Unit, such as the one for this topic?

I was looking for the font size / display size in the default settings for the head unit, but it was not there. I'll check if I can see it in a "hidden" setting.

PieterD82

Nov 11, 2020
Hey all, very much new here and owner of a (European/Belgian/Dutch) Opel Astra J with an "unbranded" head unit. I'm reading a lot of very interesting info here and i'm building up the courage to make modifications to this unit. So far i figured out that it is FYT but some things are not adding up to what i'm reading here. I tinker a bit with APK's using programs like APK Editor Studio v1.4.0. My main (simple) goal is to try and change the blue background images from apps such as Radio and Equalizer and such. I'm not a fan of "blue"

I've seen people post their HWget_info files, so i will do the same. I would truly appreciate someone taking a look at that and give me the green light to go ahead and do the changes i intend to do.

Thank you.

Attachments

• HWget_info (1).zip
    198.5 KB · Views: 3

2ndjobmoney

Apr 15, 2021
I have one question.
Can syu.ms.apk effect touch screen sound?
I use sc9853i android head unit(not joying) and custom firmware made by another user using this product.
All sound is working(calling, music, media..) but touch screen sound and steering wheel button sound is not working.
I tried to change syu.ms.apk from another custom firmware working touch sound to now using custom firmware, and touch sound working but after reboot or factory reset, all sound(calling, music, media....all sound) not working.
My head unit, touch sound setting menu is on, but sound not working, and in my head unit, only amp switching on/off menu is exist, in factory setting, no amp select menu not exist.
Would you advice me to solve this situation?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Hey all, very much new here and owner of a (European/Belgian/Dutch) Opel Astra J with an "unbranded" head unit. I'm reading a lot of very interesting info here and i'm building up the courage to make modifications to this unit. So far i figured out that it is FYT but some things are not adding up to what i'm reading here. I tinker a bit with APK's using programs like APK Editor Studio v1.4.0. My main (simple) goal is to try and change the blue background images from apps such as Radio and Equalizer and such. I'm not a fan of "blue"

I've seen people post their HWget_info files, so i will do the same. I would truly appreciate someone taking a look at that and give me the green light to go ahead and do the changes i intend to do.

Thank you.
It is indeed a FYT sc9853i.

If it is only the background, you can unzip the apk (and I mean unzip, not decompile), for example 190043001_com.syu.radio.apk, and go into "res/drawable-nodpi-v4/" and change bk_radio.png, and then zip it again. (Where 43 in the name is the number of your vendor. 43 is Joying. For some nameless units it is 00 or 01)
For the other apps it is comparable, but sometimes it is a left image, right image and bottom image making the screen.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I have one question.
Can syu.ms.apk effect touch screen sound?
I use sc9853i android head unit(not joying) and custom firmware made by another user using this product.
All sound is working(calling, music, media..) but touch screen sound and steering wheel button sound is not working.
I tried to change syu.ms.apk from another custom firmware working touch sound to now using custom firmware, and touch sound working but after reboot or factory reset, all sound(calling, music, media....all sound) not working.
My head unit, touch sound setting menu is on, but sound not working, and in my head unit, only amp switching on/off menu is exist, in factory setting, no amp select menu not exist.
Would you advice me to solve this situation?
You already mention it is a custom ROM. Probably one that does not function correclty.
Advice: flash the original firmware.

PieterD82

Nov 11, 2020
It is indeed a FYT sc9853i.

If it is only the background, you can unzip the apk (and I mean unzip, not decompile), for example 190043001_com.syu.radio.apk, and go into "res/drawable-nodpi-v4/" and change bk_radio.png, and then zip it again. (Where 43 in the name is the number of your vendor. 43 is Joying. For some nameless units it is 00 or 01)
For the other apps it is comparable, but sometimes it is a left image, right image and bottom image making the screen.
I went ahead and tried it. Following your instructions and guidelines. It worked like a charm, so thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

I've investigated the device further. It is an unbranded one, claims to be android 10 but an app called "fake device tester" confirmed my suspicion, its an 8.1. The device has a couple of highly irritating limitations that might be undone doing the proper changed, so i'm looking into releasing those and if successful, share them obviously.

some of the irritating limitations are: it has a modified app called "touch assistant" You can find it on the app store, but what this device has, is not what the app store has. It has some irritating permissions that can be seen in its androidmanifest.xml. it wants permission for just about anything and you can't kill it. It refuses to share its permissions with other apps that want to be on top of apps. Torque would be a good example. In order to let Torque do its thing with the dashboard dials plugin, you'll need to disable the touch assistant and reboot the device. then things like Torque will work. But as soon as the device wakes up from deep sleep, it will have hogged the perms again and denied those of other apps. Highly irritating.

For some reason the media audio channel is limited to 87%. Apps like PowerAmp can not be set to max volume, when you do, about a second later it will adjust the volume lower again.

It does something to the canbus of my car (Opel Astra J) that i really dislike. My car is what Opel calls a "ECOFlex" meaning it has a start stop system. I actually like that, i did the maths and it does save me fuel. This device is capable of looking into, and changing car settings such as turning on and off the start stop system. By default the car will always have it on, and there is an "eco" button on the dach that lets you temp disable it, but when the car starts again, its on. For some reason this android device messes with that and always turns the start stop system off. I can go in to the car settings through this device and toggle the start stop system off and on, and then it will allow the car to do its eco thing, but around 2 days later, it will have disabled it again. Every now and then it turns it on again, but this is absolutely not the standard car behavior. I confirmed this by swapping back to the original car stereo for 2 weeks. The car always did its start stop thing. Highly irritating.

I basically don't want this thing to mess with my canbus at all, so i'm searching for a solution to not make it touch it at all and get rid of that bossy touch assistant. I've read in your instructions that i should change those version numbers in the PlatformConf.xml files, like i did with the radio app, but i'm thinking if i deliberately don't do that for this touch assistant, according to you the device would no longer see this app. In my mind that would effectively have disabled it...

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I saw in one of your apps you have a donation button, and if this info is still correct, i will be donating towards the work you do. thank you again.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
My experiences with the touch assistant were that once it was started, it could not be killed. Only a complete restart would remove it. That was acceptable as I usually did not start it and it did not start automatically. The only thing that I found useful in the touch assistant was the screen capture. However, I am able to do this now with Google Assistant. I wasn't aware of it requiring those permissions. If you really wanted, I guess you could remove it from the firmware the next time you flash one.

For your audio channel, I remember something similar where I would increase the volume and a short while later it would be reduced. I attributed that to the Canbus adapter. After removing the canbus adapter, this no longer happened.

You discuss the start/stop and the canbus interaction. Do you really need the canbus adapter? You may need it, though, for example, if it is used for climate control, your backup camera or other items. For my 2012 car, it was just before a lot of things were put on the canbus and so I didn't really need it. I was sent the adapter for my head unit. However, the one item that I was hoping it would handle, interacting with the original stereo amplifier, it did not do at all. So, I found another method to work with the amplifier and removed the canbus adapter completely. Working fine.

Reactions: PieterD82

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
The touch assistant is simply an app with its own settings. It normally autostarts on boot, but you can disable that from the settings to simply "do nothing".
Ther CAN bus controller is actually only necessary if your steering wheel buttons go via your CAN bus.
Sometimes you need to tweak your CAN bus settings in the CANbus app. If you buy a unit for an Opel Astra and the reseller sets it to Opel Insignia or some other model, it will not function entirely correct.
CAN bus is a standard, but every manufacturer extends it somehow. Sometimes they change it slightly between older and newer models. So maybe you should (first note the current settings and then) tweak the CAN bus model settings.

Reactions: PieterD82

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
The real problem with canbus is that it may have started as a standard but it's proprietary now. Ford and GM and Peugeot and Kia and Fiat don't use the same code and don't share or publish their info...to keep a competitive advantage I guess. A published standard would be too easy and these problems would not exist. That's why these modules were created. The several different canbus module manufacturers have varying levels of success and so not everything always works as it should.

As for the steering wheel buttons...if they do go through the canbus module then usually that means you cannot change their functions. However, others have removed the wires for the steering wheel buttons and connected them to the wires on the head unit directly.

In any case, you can try without the canbus module to see what you'd be missing or what stops and put it back later.

PieterD82

Nov 11, 2020
Unfortunately i don't think the simple solution of unplugging the canbus connector will be a workable solution since the wife got used to the parking lines on the back up camera following the steering wheel position drawing a turn circle. It gives me that extra insurance the wife won't give the back of the car a unique shape, if you know what i mean ;)

The settings of the canbus are not set to Opel, but to some other GM branded car, Opel or Astra isn't even listed there. But i will follow your advice, @surfer63 I will see if i can change it to something else, although i'm a little hesitant in doing that because i don't know if it's dangerous to change that and if this device then has the potential to mess with the brains of the car.

Spastro

Feb 18, 2020
Been thinking of getting one of these android 8 units in 10.25 mode I found fairly cheep.

I know android 8 is fairly old now, but would you guys using this recommend this head unit once it's updated to joying latest rom available for the unit?

Is there a custom rom somewhere that upgrades it to a higher android release?

Would only really use it for Spotify and Google maps.

Might buy real cam and OBD2 reader.

What are your thoughts ?

This version is $270 Aus
New android 10 unit is $510 aus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post recaps some of the work done to enable voice calling using Google Assistant (GA) through a Bluetooth attached phone on an sc9853i FYT compatible Android Head Unit (HU). I have a TEyes SPro 4/64 with CC2 firmware installed. This should work on other FYT compatible, including Joying units, but no guarantees. This includes required files and instructions/steps for those that may find this at some point in the future.

Attached is the software to enable GA voice calling:
    • Telecom script to update the Telecom server, if required. FYI, the Telecom server on my head unit was missing code to handle the voice call.
    • The updated simple phone app that is called by the GA when a voice call is made. The Telecom server calls this app when the voice call is made. This is a release version and not a debug version of the app.
    • GVC CallHandler I used. This app is called by the simple phone app. This app passes the details to the Bluetooth app to make the call.
    Instructions:
    • Ensure you have up to date/latest Google Assistant, Google app and the Google Contacts app and they have appropriate or all Permissions given...from Play store if you don't already have them.
    • Install the attached GVC CallHandler and CustomGVCBluetoothPhoneHandler applications normally and give them permission to make calls. Root is not required. The GVC app is available from the Google Play Store. That may work, but the attached is a version that I tested with.
    • Try voice calling using Google Assistant...say "Call xxxxx" where xxxxx is any of your contacts from Google Contacts. i don't believe that Google Assistant uses contacts from the Bluetooth phone app on the HU. If prompted, set the GVC CallHandler as the default app to make calls. One of two things will happen:
      1. It works and no messages or errors occur....the call will be made and you are finished! Note that there seems to be an issue where the first and/or second attempt don't work. Try the voice call a second or third time.
      2. It doesn't work and a message similar to "App isn't installed." then you need to replace the Android Telecom server app that is currently installed on your head unit.
    • To replace the Telecom server, unzip the attached telecom_script.zip to a usb drive and insert into the HU. This should invoke the standard update process. The script includes the original TEyes Telecom server from my unit and the new one from another Joying unit, as described in a previous post. When it runs, it creates some information from your unit as well as copying the existing Telecom server on your head unit to the USB drive. If you need it or want to re-install it at some point, save it somewhere. You can also get it back from your own firmware.
    • If it didn't work previously and you replaced your Telecom server, try the voice call again.
    • That's it...it should have worked.

I'll be trying to figure out more info about the voice call not working on the initial attempt(s). I suspect I won't be able to determine the issue as I believe it occurs within the GVC app.

If you update to a different / newer firmware in the future, you will probably have to repeat this process.
    Google Voice is indeed crippled when you root your unit.

DPI is a "persistent" setting which means it stays like that until you change or do a firmware flash of your unit.
    If you only replace the boot image again, so only flash the boot image, the DPI setting will remain.

I did not try to add the DPI to the fyt.prop, but indeed you could create an alternative Allapp.pkg and only put an extended fyt.prop in there.
    I did not test that yet.
    The way I changed the screen DPI was found here: https://beebom.com/how-change-dpi-android/

There's a section that talks about the app "DPI Changer". That's what I used to change my DPI without root.

The old app that's being used can be found at: https://m.apkpure.com/dpi-changer/com.zacharee1.dpichanger

You use adb to execute the command described to give the app permission to modify the settings.
    My experiences with the touch assistant were that once it was started, it could not be killed. Only a complete restart would remove it. That was acceptable as I usually did not start it and it did not start automatically. The only thing that I found useful in the touch assistant was the screen capture. However, I am able to do this now with Google Assistant. I wasn't aware of it requiring those permissions. If you really wanted, I guess you could remove it from the firmware the next time you flash one.

For your audio channel, I remember something similar where I would increase the volume and a short while later it would be reduced. I attributed that to the Canbus adapter. After removing the canbus adapter, this no longer happened.

You discuss the start/stop and the canbus interaction. Do you really need the canbus adapter? You may need it, though, for example, if it is used for climate control, your backup camera or other items. For my 2012 car, it was just before a lot of things were put on the canbus and so I didn't really need it. I was sent the adapter for my head unit. However, the one item that I was hoping it would handle, interacting with the original stereo amplifier, it did not do at all. So, I found another method to work with the amplifier and removed the canbus adapter completely. Working fine.
    The touch assistant is simply an app with its own settings. It normally autostarts on boot, but you can disable that from the settings to simply "do nothing".
    Ther CAN bus controller is actually only necessary if your steering wheel buttons go via your CAN bus.
    Sometimes you need to tweak your CAN bus settings in the CANbus app. If you buy a unit for an Opel Astra and the reseller sets it to Opel Insignia or some other model, it will not function entirely correct.
    CAN bus is a standard, but every manufacturer extends it somehow. Sometimes they change it slightly between older and newer models. So maybe you should (first note the current settings and then) tweak the CAN bus model settings.
    See title: Only for SC9853i Joying/FYT 8.1 units.
    Due to some changes in the flashing process since the previous PX5 and Sofia 3GR models it is now partly possible to mod your unit without root.

Some info to start with:
    (partly from 4pda, partly from a "hint" from @julien_blanche, mostly from own knowledge)

Contents of a firmware zip:
    Code:
    6521_1.zip           # The zip that contains the boot.img; the system/vendor/oem partitions and a few other things.
    Allapp.pkg           # Special file that contains all FYT apps (actually a special XAR archive.)
    config.txt           # file comparible to the build.prop which can contain additional properties
    lsec6521update       # The binary that really does the update
    oem                  # Folder containing some additional apps
    Stm32ud.bin          # The MCU binary. It is not always in every firmware
    updatecfg.txt        # Contains instructions for the flashing process
    crruptoff            # Special file for "WiFi only". Not in the normal firmwares. Be careful!

Some commands that can be put inside updatecfg.txt
    Code:
    twipe_all     # Wipe entire system
    twipe_data    # Will wipe data partition (but not /sdcard, internal memory). Wiping the /data partition will wipe all config, all 3rd party apps and updates of system apps. This is the same as a "reset to factory defaults"
    twipe_sd      # Will wipe internal memory /sdcard (but not the data partition)
    dellapp       # Remove all 3rd party apps
    make_updates  # Make an upgrade U-disk boot file
    test             # test unit and firmware before flash

Some properties that can be put inside config.txt. Say you live in Brazil and you want your locale settings immediately on Brazil, you can add that, for example:
    Code:
    ro.product.locale = pt_BR

The file crruptoff:
    If you have a unit with a 4G module, but you don't have 4G (or don't want to use it), you can use this file. Put one line in this crruptoff being "fixwifi" and save it to the sdcard/usb-stick you use for flashing.
    You can use it to get rid of the "No SIM" notification in your notification bar.
    Does not work anymore on the later firmwares. Chances are minimal but maybe it might work again "some day".

The Allapp.pkg
    The Allapp.pkg file is a special XAR archive with a directory structure. You can use ApkPack.exe to create or extract it.
    Folder path: This is where your files are being extracted to, or packed from
    File path: This is the file that is being created (packed), or where the files are extracted from.
    All apks (*.apk) and all libraries (*.so) will be installed as system apks and libraries, which means you can't uninstall them, but on the SC9853i units they are installed under /oem and not under /system.
    Inside this Allapp.pkg you will also find two other files: fyt.prop and skipkillapp.prop.
    The fyt.prop is identical to the build.prop but gives the option to add extra properties or replace/modify properties in the build.prop.
    The skipkillapp.prop contains apps (package names) with values from -15 to 15.
    When going into "deep sleep" the packages not mentioned in this list will be killed. Applications in this list with positive values will absolutely be killed (unstable otherwise??). The ones with higher values first. The ones with values 1 and 0 as last, where the app with value 0 will be the last killed before going into deep sleep.
    The apps with negative values are considered system apps and will not be killed. In this case the most negative number (-15) has the highest priority. My assumption (not tested, not verified) is that negative numbers approaching 0 might be killed if the system needs the memory?
    So in other words: If you do not want that some of your apps are killed, you can add them to this "skipkillapp.prop" by their package name. Say you use @realzoulou's DAB-Z app, you would add a line for DAB-Z (com.zoulou.dab). Or for example if you are a Tasker user, which is normally killed as well:
    Code:
    com.zoulou.dab = -10
    net.dinglisch.android.taskerm = -10
    (I would suggest not using values like -15, -14, -13 to make sure you do not really interfere with the real system apps).
    And then you need to add this file to your own allapp.pkg

The lsec_updatesh folder and lsec.sh script
    Practical applications:
    • Making patches, an alternative to creating the Allapp.pkg package.
    • Work on all folders in the unit (which Allapp.pkg cannot do).
    • Delete unnecessary files or applications (who uses the calculator app?), or overwite files like the fyt.prop or others.
    • Modify/overwrite config files that are otherwise not modifiable (like bluetooth config?)
    • Setting properties that normally require root/admin rights.
    • Creating backups of your partitions using the dd command. This can be handy on a device for which you do not have a firmware yet as backup.
    • Rooting your unit, also if you do not have a firmware from your supplier.
    • Make a Custom ROM by simply doing all kind of modifications after the "normal" firmware flash.

See for more info about the "The lsec_updatesh folder and lsec.sh script" in post #228.

Creating an Allapp.pkg and flash it to your device (post #2)
    Some pre-build flashable images (post #3)
    And if everything goes wrong and your unit ends up in a boot loop or doesn't get past the boot logo. (post #4)
    Some pre-build flashable images

Only for real Joying SC9853i units. Other FYT compatibles are not supported.
    All SC9853i FYT models are actually the same, but boot images are mostly different and apks have different names. In the latter case you would have 2 identical apks with the same package name, but with a different apk name residing in different folders. Neither of them will work anymore as Android doesn't know which one is the correct one.

The zips that can be found in this post can be directly unzipped to a clean, empty Fat32 formatted USB-stick or SD-card. You do not need to be rooted and you don't need my JET apk.
    When this USB-stick or SD-card is inserted into your unit, the unit will recognize it as a flashable firmware and start flashing the files to your unit.

Notes:
    • These flashable firmware files will leave all your installed apps and settings as they are. Only the files in these Allapp.pkg files will be overwritten.
    • The zips containing boot images will only overwrite the boot image. All apps and settings remain as they are.
    • The "combi" zips are just combinations of possible mods and/or boot images. They behave the same as the previous two.
    • The zips that can be downloaded from this post are all on one of my github repositories. You can find it here: SC98531BinRepo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boot images
    2019-11-28 | 20191128-rooted-boot-image (thanks to @rigattoni) | 20191128-normal-boot-image
    2019-09-17 | 20190917-rooted-boot-image | 20190917-normal-boot-image
    2019-08-14 | 20190814-rooted-boot-image (thanks to @julien_blanche)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main server apk mods (the 190000000_com.syu.ms.apk)
    The ORG version is the apk as delivered by Joying in their firmwares.
    The ORG_extended is the Joying one including an extended navi_app.txt, extended player_app.txt, extended navi_audio_from_playstatus.txt.
    The NoKill is the extended version where the normal functionality to kill all apps when going into "deep sleep" (turn of ignition), has been disabled.

2020-04-07 | 2020-04-07-com_syu_ms-ORG | 2020-04-07-com_syu_ms-ORG_extended | 2020-04-07-com_syu_ms-nokill | ( Zips, modified smali files, modified assets text files, some info)
    2019-11-28 | 2019-11-28-com_syu_ms-ORG | 2019-11-28-com_syu_ms-ORG_extended | 2019-11-28-com_syu_ms-NoKill | ( Zips, modified smali files, modified assets text files, some info)
    2019-09-17 | 2019-09-17-com_syu_ms-ORG | 2019-09-17-com_syu_ms-ORG_extended | 2019-09-17-com_syu_ms-NoKill | ( Zips, modified smali files, modified assets text files, some info)
    2019-08-14 | 2019-08-14-com_syu_ms-ORG | 2019-08-14-com_syu_ms-ORG_extended | 2019-08-14-com_syu_ms-NoKill

Other mods
    There are currently two mods for the radio: One very nice one from user @Soiski71 and one which I made.
    The ORG version in this case is the one delivered with the Joying firmwares.

Radio | SC98531-Radio-ORG | SC98531-Radio-Mod (preview) | SC98531-Radio-Mod-Soiski71 (preview)

Combinations
    These are combinations of above files which I found useful. Undoing them can be done by using one of the above ORG zips.
    2019-09-17 | 2019-09-17-radio_mainserver | 2019-09-17-rootedboot_radio_mainserver
    Creating an Allapp.pkg and flash it to your device

Use the (English) version of ApkPack.exe (english version attached) to unpack/repack an Allapp.pkg. (It also works with wine on Linux/MacOS)

(See this youtube link for a really quick & dirty (and unsharp, sorry) video about what scrolls on your screen when flashing such a mini Allapp.pkg)

(1) Quick example:
    • Create a folder Allapp
    • Copy some wanted apks or mods into the folder.
    • Use the ApkPack.exe to create the Allapp.pkg
    • Simply copy the "Allapp.pkg" and "lsec6521update" onto a clean FAT32 formatted SD-card or USB-stick.
    • Put the USB-stick into your unit and it will recognise the update and flash it to your unit.
    • Other options:
      • Copy the "Allapp.pkg", (optional) "updatecfg.txt", (optional) "config.txt" and "lsec6521update" onto a clean FAT32 formatted SD-card or USB-stick.
      • In my case having a 4G unit without using 4G and wanting to use Google Assistant for calls: Copy the Allapp.pkg, config.txt (see above), crruptoff (see above) and lsec6521update onto a clean FAT32 formatted USB-stick.
      • Note that when NOT using an updatecfg.txt, nothing will be wiped on your unit. Only added/replaced.

(2) Another example:
    • Create folder Allapp on your pc/laptop
      • add (2019-08-14) main server mod with extended navi_app.txt and "BT to background" hacks. (see my github repo. Be careful to choose the one for your specific firmware date)
      • add BW-RDS radio mod (see my github repo. Only choose version for Android 8.1 if you want full functionality)
      • add oandbackup (dk.jens.backup_305.apk) (Free and open source backup restore apk)
      • add latest MagiskManager-v7.3.2.apk
    • Use apkpack.exe (attached) to create a new Allapp.pkg by selecting the folder to be packaged, the name of the file being Allapp.pkg, and select button "Packed" (sloppy translation from Chinese)
    • Copy created "Allapp.pkg" and "lsec6521update" onto a clean FAT32 formatted USB-stick.
    • Insert in your unit and the flashing process will start (Note: It will mention "Setting to factory defaults" before flash reboot, but it is really not doing that)
    • After the (very quick) flash and normal reboot, you will have 2 new apps and 2 modded apps.

(3) Example for a FYT compatible SC9853i, like a Sinosmart or Zhan or "unnamed":
    You can also create your own Allapp.pkg, also with a modded Joying apk as the apks are actually identical, but there is one big naming issue to take into account!
    Even though the apks are identical having the same package name, they have different apk names. A normal install will check for the package name and replace the apk with that same package name, whatever its apk name (think of versions or build time stamps behind the the "normal" name). The flashing method simply looks at the apk name and will create an /oem/app/<apk_name>/<apk_name>.apk. In this case versions numbers of build timestamps will create again and again a new folder with the exact same apk and none will work.
    As an example for the radio app:
    • Joying: 190043001_com.syu.radio.apk
    • Sinosmart: 190042001_com.syu.radio.apk
    • "Some" unbranded: 190101001_com.syu.radio.apk
    Again: The apks are exactly the same but have a different name. If you simply flash one next to the other, both will not work anymore as both have the same internal package name being "com.syu.radio". So you have no radio at all.
    So, how to create an Allapp.pkg with a modded Joying apk for your FYT compatible SC9853i unit?
    • Check the name of your unit's radio app (or BT, Video, Music app). (If you don't know how you can use my HWGet_info.apk and open the resulting HWget_info.zip and look inside the "oem_listing.txt")
    • Find the name of the modded Joying app.
    • Rename the modded Joying app to the name of your app. So for example for Joying-> Sinosmart radio app: rename 190043001_com.syu.radio.apk to 190042001_com.syu.radio.apk (Joying to Sinosmart)
    • Create a folder Allapp
    • Copy the modded and now renamed Joying radio apk into the folder (repeat if relevant for other mods).
    • Use the ApkPack.exe to create the Allapp.pkg
    • Simply copy the "Allapp.pkg" and "lsec6521update" onto a clean FAT32 formatted SD-card or USB-stick.
    • Put the USB-stick into your unit and it will recognise the update and flash it to your unit.
    • Also create an Allap.pkg for your original app so you can always flash back the original app if you want (or need) to.
    If everything goes wrong and your unit gets in a boot loop or stops on boot logo

- Download a fresh firmware from the Joying blog.
    - Unzip it to an SD-card/USB-stick (as normal)
    - Put the USB-stick/SD-card in your unit and "push" the Reset (RST) with a paperclip or something like that. When the boot logo appears, reset the unit again. Now the flashing process should start.
    Alright, I think I got it, it was actually easier than I thought. I just kept tracing the error logs to see where they get called from until I reached the place where the connection magic happens. I tested by connecting a Bluetooth speaker to the radio, it says pairing successful but it doesn't route audio to it, but I'm not surprised considering the radio is not really expecting it. I'll try a ps4 controller tomorrow.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone