• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Model ELS-N04 - Don't install EMUI 11 without GMS installed first

Search This thread

Pr0pane

Dec 14, 2011
Model ELS-N04 - Don't install EMUI 11 without GMS installed first

As the title says. I fully upgraded my P40 Pro to 11.0.0.118

None of the methods to install GMS work (with or without computer)

Uninstalling backup to install the older version of backup doesn't work. It just says I have a newer version, even though backup is uninstalled.:confused:

MattPaku

Mar 26, 2017
I can't figure out how to install the EMUI 11 update for my ELS-N04. Also, I'm stuck on version .148. It seems other models have gotten a lot more updates. Is this the latest version for the Canadian varient?

Rippieus

Dec 26, 2020
I can't figure out how to install the EMUI 11 update for my ELS-N04. Also, I'm stuck on version .148. It seems other models have gotten a lot more updates. Is this the latest version for the Canadian varient?
Hey Matt, sorry to jump in, looks like you and I have the same phone with ELS-NO4. Have you had any luck in your upgrades to EMUI 11? I'm sitting at version.183

Rippieus

Dec 26, 2020
stuck on this one too , from Peru, where are you from?
I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I seen a few days ago on the Telus website (phone company here in Canada) that they expected release of EMUI 11 on the 16th of Dec. Obviously didn't happen yet and according to the Telus forums it may still be a long wait for us.
Here is a screen grab to the EMUI 11 schedule with a link to our forum on the P40 Pro if interested.
Telus Forum link

I'll update you if they do the release.

IMG_20201231_150935.jpg

Dec 28, 2020
I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I seen a few days ago on the Telus website (phone company here in Canada) that they expected release of EMUI 11 on the 16th of Dec. Obviously didn't happen yet and according to the Telus forums it may still be a long wait for us.
Here is a screen grab to the EMUI 11 schedule with a link to our forum on the P40 Pro if interested.
Telus Forum link

I'll update you if they do the release.

View attachment 5173913
yeah makes sense we are both from America, we are kinda stuck :(

Rhombuss

Sep 6, 2012
I just got this phone through Telus in Canada as well. ELS-N04 with Build Model 10.1.0.148 (C792E7R3P1).

I couldn't find the appropriate firmware either reading all the Googlefier guides and firmware downgrade links.

Have you guys had any further luck?

Also, just curious why the release of EMUI 11 is important? Based on the current methods for getting GMS installed, we need to do this prior to EMUI 11 being loaded, so isn't the release date for it irrelevant?

Thanks in advance.