Modem 4.4.2 I337MUMUFOA1 TTT

Search This thread

VerminX

Dec 20, 2011
I applied the AWS enabling mod to my Rogers S4 previously when it was on NC1 modem. I later updated the modem to NE3, and AWS was still enabled.

If I were to now upgrade it to the NI2 modem in this thread, using Odin as recommended, would I lose AWS?

No problems when I upgraded my Telus s4 from nc1 baseband to ni2
Aws stayed enabled

I don't really know if it signal strength improved. However since updating I have noticed that the roms that gave me problems before with WiFi connectivity or even mobile data have started to work properly.
Overall I would say both WiFi and Bluetooth improved as well as data speeds have increased from what I've become used to do with nc1.

Great upgrade

Please follow the flashing instructions to the letter. Especially the two consecutive flashes part. It's required to have the modem flash properly. Start with a battery pull.

Last edited:
Reactions: ikeny

lgsshedden

Odin. Had to use the older 3.07 to get it to "stick".
All Credit Goes To Forum Member "toysareforboys"

Instructions I followed
1. Unplug phone from computer or any charger, etc.
2. Remove battery from phone, wait 10 seconds, re-insert battery.
3. Power up phone holding the volume down and home button until warning screen, hit up volume to continue.
4. Plug USB cable from computer into phone, wait 30 seconds.
5. Launch Odin 3.07, put a checkmark beside phone, pick the modem.bin file extracted from NE3 rar file. UNCHECK auto reboot, then flash.
6. When flashing is complete close Odin.
7. Unplug USB cable from phone.
8. Wait 10 seconds, plug phone back in.
9. Wait 30 seconds, open Odin 3.07, put a checkmark beside phone, pick same modem.bin file, this time leave auto reboot checked, flash away.
10. As soon as screen on phone goes blank unplug USB cable from computer and let phone boot under its own power.

I flashed it probably 10 times and it never worked until I followed those exact steps. Not sure if it was removing the battery before starting that is the trick or not.

Many thanks for the excellent instructions. Tried several times to get the new modem to stick after flashing with no luck until I followed the instructions you posted here exactly as you posted them. Not sure what part of the process is so finicky but there you go!
Just to add at step 6 you may have to wait a good 2-3 minutes for the flash to complete and Odin to give you the green "pass" that signifies the flash is finished. Seems a lot longer pause on the S4 than earlier models.

VerminX

Dec 20, 2011
Confirmed working fine on my original telus s4 coming from NI2 baseband.
Briefly tested mobile data, wifi, and BT.
No issues so far.

sonny21

Oct 7, 2012
Can anyone report any signal improvements at all with NK1?? I am currently on NE3, as I haven't heard any improvements in the newer ones.

TRoN_1

Mar 11, 2008
Android Automotive OS
I wonder if this modem would work on an i337M...
CP_I9505XXUHOA7_CL3996895_QB3867680_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT

Edit: Never mind. I've read the i337M radio/modem is completely different from the i9505.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odin. Had to use the older 3.07 to get it to "stick".
    All Credit Goes To Forum Member "toysareforboys"

Instructions I followed
    1. Unplug phone from computer or any charger, etc.
    2. Remove battery from phone, wait 10 seconds, re-insert battery.
    3. Power up phone holding the volume down and home button until warning screen, hit up volume to continue.
    4. Plug USB cable from computer into phone, wait 30 seconds.
    5. Launch Odin 3.07, put a checkmark beside phone, pick the modem.bin file extracted from NE3 rar file. UNCHECK auto reboot, then flash.
    6. When flashing is complete close Odin.
    7. Unplug USB cable from phone.
    8. Wait 10 seconds, plug phone back in.
    9. Wait 30 seconds, open Odin 3.07, put a checkmark beside phone, pick same modem.bin file, this time leave auto reboot checked, flash away.
    10. As soon as screen on phone goes blank unplug USB cable from computer and let phone boot under its own power.

I flashed it probably 10 times and it never worked until I followed those exact steps. Not sure if it was removing the battery before starting that is the trick or not.
    I would recommend you update your bootloader first.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Don't upgrade bootloader, bad advice! Only upgrade modem.bin! Delete the non-hlos.bin if present before flashing. MDJ is the best boot loader for the GS4 and if you upgrade you may not be able to return

I have a MDJ boot loader and have flashed only the modem.bin
    Apparently this version of the firmware was released for Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin on Sept 29 per SamMobile. I would assume that a Rogers version should be release shortly.

I have a Telus I337M but waiting for some feedback prior to flashing. I am currently on VLUFNE1 bootloader running UMUFNI1 modem.

This is a multi-csc rom. I flashed it and changed its csc to fido.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk