• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [MODEM] [9Pro] Tmobile

Search This thread
Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b mkdem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.

There is typo in the 2nd fastboot cmd.
I got the following error when fastboot flash modemst1/2...

fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'modemst1' (3072 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.077s]
writing 'modemst1'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions
)

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Holy crap guys,
don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.

Last edited:
Holy crap guys,

It contains your device specific info and IMEI. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose your IMEI / all cellular capability (if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
So flashing the 2 cmds below should still be good for modem, right?

fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Question: op9, I have converted from tmobile to Global(AA) and have experienced no calls inbound/outbound. Flashed non-hlos from Tmo and things got worse. Wondering if the 11.2.5.5 on AA will persist with issue or resolve. The one I flashed was from 11.2.3.3 I believe
Don't use a OP9P NON-HLOS on a OP9, there are obvious differences.

So flashing the 2 cmds below should still be good for modem, right?

fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img
Yes, that should be the only thing you touch

Reactions: xpdragon

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Don't use a OP9P NON-HLOS on a OP9, there are obvious differences.

Yes, that should be the only thing you touch
Do you have the op9 modems? I'm experiencing something weird now. MSM back to stock,sim picking up as dual sim now? With?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-075418.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-075418.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 42

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you have the op9 modems? I'm experiencing something weird now. MSM back to stock,sim picking up as dual sim now? With?
No, I never owned a OP9 but the conversion thread's OP has a Tmo modem in his conversion package. Give that a shot.
As for the SIM strangeness... if you did flash someone else's modemst, they are not touched by MSM. You need to flash your backup back onto the device. If you didn't make a backup, you are pretty f'd, just hope it works... =/

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
No, I never owned a OP9 but the conversion thread's OP has a Tmo modem in his conversion package. Give that a shot.
As for the SIM strangeness... if you did flash someone else's modemst, they are not touched by MSM. You need to flash your backup back onto the device. If you didn't make a backup, you are pretty f'd, just hope it works... =/
if im f'd ill just pay insurance $149 and get a new one. Im done flashing stuff already

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
DO NOT FLASH modemst1 or modemst2.

Thanks @craznazn. Will delete files from folder so the modem_a and modem_b are the only two files in there. Also, these are the modems from the Pro variant. OOS 11.2.5.5. T-Mobile firmware.

Edit: files removed.
Yeah I mentioned earlier I had a 9 haha. Oh well. Another oneplus bites the dust for me. After this I'm done flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    Thread updated Guys 😊
    Get flashing, modem_b now included

Special Thanks to @FizzyAps for script 👍
    Thread updated Guys 😊
    Get flashing, modem_b now included

Special Thanks to @FizzyAps for script 👍
    hope you all enjoy
    EXPLICITLY FOR ONEPLUS 9 PRO
    This thread is created to provide all who need T-Mobile Modem.imgs, from loss of service due to an OTA, Flashing, or EU & IN Conversion gone wrong....​
    Also to prevent cluttering up other threads with same question. 👍
    IMPORTANT!!! (T-mobile Variant)​
    - Backup your Modem images from T-mobile using a Partition Backup app.​
    - Backup both; Modem_A & Modem_B (very important)​
    Partitions backup app link provided 👇 👇 (Root Needed)​
    Tmobile MSM tool provided 👇 👇(In case things go wrong)​
    ***THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT FIX
    {(((<You will have to FLASH Tmo Modems after every LOCAL & OTA Update>)))}​
    --- Fastboot Flash Modems Imgs​
    - Fastboot Modem Script now provided (just unzip run bat file)​
    - Also just fastboot imgs as well​
    For extended and accurate conversions visit TG 👇
    Donations welcomed:​
    Cash App: $Libra420T​
    ***THINGS TO KNOW​
    -If from T-mobile, flashing to custom rom, service should be fine...(always backup)​
    -If using EU & IN conversion to avoid unlock.bin, then you absolutely need to flash modem after every update...​
    -Have other variant(s) and/or have T-mobile service​
    ***REASONS TO BACKUP MODEM​
    -Other variant OTA updates causes Tmo modem to be replaced..​
    -EU & IN conversion does the same...​
    -Or just want Tmo modem instead of stock (oxygen) because you have T-Mobile service on unlock 9 pro​
    Special Thanks to:​
    (For providing fastboot Script)​
    Good luck, Happy Flashing​
    &​
    BE RESPONSIBLE 😊👍
    Holy crap guys,

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    11.2.6.6 Modem uploaded 😊 👍
    DO NOT FLASH modemst1 or modemst2.

Thanks @craznazn. Will delete files from folder so the modem_a and modem_b are the only two files in there. Also, these are the modems from the Pro variant. OOS 11.2.5.5. T-Mobile firmware.

Edit: files removed.
    Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b modem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.