[MODEM] [ODIN] EE4 Modems

Search This thread

crossfire2500

Mar 3, 2011
This is the EE4 Radio.

I take no responsibility for you ruining your phone.

The links to the other modem files found in the other threads are all 3 megabyte files and they do not work correctly when trying to flash the EE4 Modem back from EP1Q/W Modems. This is the CDMA and LTE modems.

I experienced much higher download speeds and reliability in Central and Northern Florida with EE4 than EP1 after weeks of testing.

Again, this is a Odin flashable .md5 file that works great when trying to go back to EE4. It may take up to 3 minutes to complete, DO NOT close the app or unplug the phone after Odin shows it has began flashing.

Instructions:
1. Turn your Charge off
2. Plug in the phone to your PC
3. Hold the down Volume button until the yellow triangle Download Mode is active
4. Open Odin
5. Click PDA only (DO NOT CLICK ANY OF THE OTHERS) and Find this file you downloaded.
6. AGAIN, make sure you're on PDA. DO NOT choose PIT, Phone, or CSC as it may soft brick your phone.
7. Click Start and wait until phone reboots.

*If you get the Failed message, unplug the phone, remove the battery, close Odin and repeat from 1. Be sure that after it has began flashing you leave it plugged in. Some users on other forums have experienced fried Sim cards or fried radios when swapping so do this at your own risk.

Download link: http://www.toms-world.org/android/download/http/EE4_Radio.tar.zipx

Also, this is a very resourceful and helpful place to find stock items and help for all your Droid Charge hacking needs. http://www.toms-world.org/android

Last edited:

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
I'm not sure but I believe the EE4 modem was already posted by kejar31 here - that being said the guide you reference is pretty handy!

crossfire2500

Mar 3, 2011
I'm not sure but I believe the EE4 modem was already posted by kejar31 here - that being said the guide you reference is pretty handy!

Yes, but if you've tried flashing it with Odin, you may find to your surprise it definitely will not work. Those are only 3 megabyte files, this is both modems at 14 megs. This one that is posted above works flawlessly and is ready to flash. The others must be unzipped? This guide and file is much more n00b friendly. Since it is the case that you just have to unpack it, why not just go with one that is ready to be flashed like the above. I didn't have anything that was able to unzip .7z on my computer.

I personally did not like EP1 and it took me forever, flashing and flashing getting "fails" in Odin to finally realize you must unpack the other modem files and chose to seek outside sources for the modem.md5 file. I tried two that were posted on XDA and one other from another site before I finally found the above.

Edited: because it is unnecessary to explain the problems I had. Instructions are in my two posts.

Last edited:

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Yes, but if you've tried flashing it with Odin, you may find to your and my surprise it definitely did not work when on 2.2 Froyo with Eclipse. They are only 3 megabyte files, this is both modems at 14 megs. This one that is posted works flawlessly and is ready to flash. I suppose it must be unzipped or something? I don't know but this guide and file is much more n00b friendly. If it is the case that you just have to unpack it, why not just go with one that is ready to be flashed like the above. I didn't have anything that was able to unzip .7z on my computer.

I personally did not like EP1 and it took me forever, flashing and flashing getting "fails" in Odin to finally seek outside sources for the modem.md5 file. I tried two that were posted on XDA and one other from another site before I finally found the above.

Yes, the one from the thread I referenced needs to be unpacked - you just need a program like 7-Zip (check here for download), although a similarly-based program called jZip (check out here for info) has a much more familiar feeling interface - I've used version 1.3 and had no problems. The nice thing about the compressed files is it takes less time/bandwidth for upload/download, but using the ones you reference here definitely cuts out a step! Another useful guide that might be worth checking out can be found here - the hope is that it is also somewhat noob friendly... hopefully you will agree!