Question modem_ab partition

Search This thread

brainsore

Nov 13, 2013
Bikini Bottom
Hey everyone. After days of trial and error to unbrick my Xiaomi 11t (Mediatek version AKA agate), which was bricked flashing vbmeta partition using verification disable switch, I've supposedly had modem_ab partition deleted using format all options in SP Flash Tool . To bring it back to life I guess I need to know the modem_ab partition specifications from a scatter file (there wasn't any in fastboot rom) and to flash the modem file (non-hlos) using SP Flash Tool (trying to flash it with fastboot ends up in error as there's currently no modem_ab partition). Anyone got modem_ab partition specification for Android 12?

NOSS8

Hey everyone. After days of trial and error to unbrick my Xiaomi 11t (Mediatek version AKA agate), which was bricked flashing vbmeta partition using verification disable switch, I've supposedly had modem_ab partition deleted using format all options in SP Flash Tool . To bring it back to life I guess I need to know the modem_ab partition specifications from a scatter file (there wasn't any in fastboot rom) and to flash the modem file (non-hlos) using SP Flash Tool (trying to flash it with fastboot ends up in error as there's currently no modem_ab partition). Anyone got modem_ab partition specification for Android 12?
Have you tried with Miflash?
Fastboot files

brainsore

Nov 13, 2013
Bikini Bottom
Yes I had tried flashing with Miflash and got same error.

So, "nvram" was what kept the phone from booting properly (I guess it somehow got corrupted during my rocket experiments :lol ) and I managed to boot up the phone after formating nvram partition and writing a full dump. Now the baseband is unknown and because of that, I can't fix IMEI by ModemMeta (gets stuck on switching to MD mode). Is that something rom with downlaoded nvram? Is some engineered nvram image or stuff needed?

NOSS8

Yes I had tried flashing with Miflash and got same error.

So, "nvram" was what kept the phone from booting properly (I guess it somehow got corrupted during my rocket experiments :lol ) and I managed to boot up the phone after formating nvram partition and writing a full dump. Now the baseband is unknown and because of that, I can't fix IMEI by ModemMeta (gets stuck on switching to MD mode). Is that something rom with downlaoded nvram? Is some engineered nvram image or stuff needed?
Have you tried selecting:Chip Mediatek
fg.png

gh.png

or
There is this program also to test.(never tested)https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-rom2box-all-in-one-frp-flashing-unlocking-tool.4477349/

I never had devices with soc Mediatek, I could not help you more.

yassine-45

Apr 12, 2017
i have the same problem after trying to follow the guide on hiw ro flash gsi. so if you find any solution let me know please. and i will do the same

brainsore

Nov 13, 2013
Bikini Bottom
Have you tried selecting:Chip Mediatek
View attachment 5680933
View attachment 5680937
or
There is this program also to test.(never tested)https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-rom2box-all-in-one-frp-flashing-unlocking-tool.4477349/

I never had devices with soc Mediatek, I could not help you more.

i have the same problem after trying to follow the guide on hiw ro flash gsi. so if you find any solution let me know please. and i will do the same
Besides downloading images on phone, there are some tools out there (which are non-free or box-dependent, as far as I'm concerned) which have functions specifically for repairing baseband, but I'm looking for a free solution :-D Haven't seen this Rom2box tool before. Gotta give it a shot. Cheers.

yassine-45

Apr 12, 2017
Besides downloading images on phone, there are some tools out there (which are non-free or box-dependent, as far as I'm concerned) which have functions specifically for repairing baseband, but I'm looking for a free solution :-D Haven't seen this Rom2box tool before. Gotta give it a shot. Cheers.
let me know if it works or not then. thanks in advance