Modems (Mar 5, 2013 Added all missing sgs4g padded modems)

Search This thread

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
presents.png

Samsung Galaxy S 4G Modems

RECOMMENDED MODEMS
KI1, KC1, KD1, KG4

UPDATES
Sep 25, 2014
Repackaged all the mtd padded modem files with a new flash script that should work fine on anything that is CM7 and newer!

NOTES
  1. Having trouble with your KJ6 ROM not sending long texts? Use the KG4 modem!
  2. These files will NOT erase any of your data. You can flash these and continue using your ROM as normal.
  3. You can flash these modems from any ROM/kernel combination (froyo or gingerbread). All you need to do is be able to get into download mode or CWM!
  4. The all_modems_odin/cwm.7z files will always contain all the modems for your convenience.

ODIN INSTRUCTIONS
Learn how to flash files with Odin using this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1001759
All files go into the PHONE section of Odin. Your Odin screen should look like this:

CWM/TWRP INSTRUCTIONS
Put your downloaded .zip file on your SD card, and flash using CWM/TWRP recovery!

DOWNLOAD LINKS
CWM/TWRP flashable modem files for any ROM that is CM7 and newer
Note, ROMs CM7 and newer include CM7 and EVERY ROM that is ICS, JB and KK!

These are all the old links:
MTD, CM7 based GB, all ICS and newer ROMs ONLY
Old MTD padded modems on SourceForge

Froyo/GB ROMs
Odin Modems on SourceForge
CWM Modems on SourceForge

CREDITS
Some modems taken from chadster's thread

CHANGELOG
Sep 25, 2014
Repackaged all the mtd padded modem files with a new flash script that should work fine on anything that is CM7 and newer!

Mar 5, 2013
Added KB5, KC1, KF1, KF2, KG6, KH1, KH2, KI1, KI3, KJ1, KJ2, KJ3 and KJ5 MTD padded modems

Jan 26, 2013
Added LB6 modem for MTD roms (big thanks to getochkn for providing the modem file!)
Updated update-binary file for mtd modems for compatibility with newer JB+ recoveries (thanks to erik/beastmode for the fix!)
Updated flash_modem.sh
--Fixed incorrect busybox variable declaration that could have caused problems
--Added erase_image radio to format the /radio partition before flashing the new modem

Jul 16, 2012
Updated OP with CM7/CM9/ICS/MTD/Padded Modems link

10/29/2011
Added KJ6 modem

10/26/2011
Added KJ5 modem

10/14/2011
Added KJ1, KJ2 and KJ3 modems
Added a script on sourceforge that will streamline my modem packaging time since it will all be automated after I upload a new modem file.
Linked directly to the sourceforge download page so you can pick your own modems. Latest modems will always be on the top of the list.

10/01/2011
Updated the all_modems 7z files.
Added the KI3 modem

09/20/2011
Added KI1 modem
Added odin version in addition to the CWM KI1 modem file.

8/15/2011
Added KH2 modem

8/11/2011
Added CWM versions of all the modems available.
Added KH1 modem

Last edited:

Exodian

Jun 28, 2011
Cool. Thanks. Hope this fixes my weak kg4 wifi issue.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

kkoshko1

Jul 24, 2010
so if i'm on 2.3.4 i can use this to flash kc1? I was told that you can't unless you had a compatable kernel...

If i can this is the best news since GB, cause all gb modems suck for signal for me!!!!

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
You CAN flash to the KC1 modem from gingerbread, if that's what you're asking.

Updated OP to add a note that you can flash this from any ROM.

Last edited:

scoop_dtx

Dec 3, 2006
Think it's better to odin the modem let it boot and settle before going back to red cwm and going from ICBINB to redux?

The kf2 modem doesn't reconnect very well after hitting a deadzone.

Kd1 was great.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

badboy68

Jul 28, 2010
jus wondering fbi, thanks for this, i also have a vibrant will this kg4 or kg6 ork on these fones?

GDofWR420

May 3, 2011
Is it possible to flash these on kg6 or do they need to be modified?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    presents.png

Samsung Galaxy S 4G Modems

RECOMMENDED MODEMS
    KI1, KC1, KD1, KG4

UPDATES
    Sep 25, 2014

NOTES
    1. Having trouble with your KJ6 ROM not sending long texts? Use the KG4 modem!
    2. These files will NOT erase any of your data. You can flash these and continue using your ROM as normal.
    3. You can flash these modems from any ROM/kernel combination (froyo or gingerbread). All you need to do is be able to get into download mode or CWM!
    4. The all_modems_odin/cwm.7z files will always contain all the modems for your convenience.

ODIN INSTRUCTIONS
    Learn how to flash files with Odin using this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1001759
    All files go into the PHONE section of Odin. Your Odin screen should look like this:

CWM/TWRP INSTRUCTIONS
    Put your downloaded .zip file on your SD card, and flash using CWM/TWRP recovery!

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    CWM/TWRP flashable modem files for any ROM that is CM7 and newer
    Note, ROMs CM7 and newer include CM7 and EVERY ROM that is ICS, JB and KK!

These are all the old links:
    MTD, CM7 based GB, all ICS and newer ROMs ONLY
    Old MTD padded modems on SourceForge

Froyo/GB ROMs
    Odin Modems on SourceForge
    CWM Modems on SourceForge

CREDITS
    Some modems taken from chadster's thread

CHANGELOG
    Sep 25, 2014

Mar 5, 2013
    Added KB5, KC1, KF1, KF2, KG6, KH1, KH2, KI1, KI3, KJ1, KJ2, KJ3 and KJ5 MTD padded modems

Jan 26, 2013
    Added LB6 modem for MTD roms (big thanks to getochkn for providing the modem file!)
    Updated update-binary file for mtd modems for compatibility with newer JB+ recoveries (thanks to erik/beastmode for the fix!)
    Updated flash_modem.sh
    --Added erase_image radio to format the /radio partition before flashing the new modem

Jul 16, 2012

10/29/2011
    Added KJ6 modem

10/26/2011
    Added KJ5 modem

10/14/2011
    Added KJ1, KJ2 and KJ3 modems
    Added a script on sourceforge that will streamline my modem packaging time since it will all be automated after I upload a new modem file.
    Linked directly to the sourceforge download page so you can pick your own modems. Latest modems will always be on the top of the list.

10/01/2011
    Added the KI3 modem

09/20/2011
    Added KI1 modem
    Added odin version in addition to the CWM KI1 modem file.

8/15/2011
    Added KH2 modem

8/11/2011
    Added CWM versions of all the modems available.
    Added KH1 modem
    Alright, finally got around to padding the rest of the modems that we had available for GB. I flash tested all of them in a low signal area and these are the two of this group that gave me the best signal:
    KC1
    KI1
    Go ahead and test them yourself if you're in an area that you normally get no signal in.

Enjoy! They're all posted in the same location as the other padded modems.
    MTD padded modems on SourceForge

Mar 5, 2013
    Jul 16, 2012
    Alright guys I finally got around to updating the modem zip files for MTD roms. I've been testing Erik/beastmode's Proton kernel and since he added TWRP 2.4.x (the JB version) I found out that I couldn't flash the padded modems. After a little investigation I found out that the update-binary was failing and complaining about an API change. I remembered reading about an API change to JB recoveries so Erik recommended I grab the update-binary from his JB Slim Beam and voila! it works fine on ICS/JB now.

I haven't yet tested the new MTD padded zips on CWM5/6 nor CM7 so if you guys can test those and report back here that'd be great. I have tested them successfully on TWRP 2.4 and 2.2 though so those are working fine. Enjoy!

Here's the link to the new mtd padded modems
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/teamacid/files/fb/modems/mtd_padded/

Changelog
    Jan 26, 2013
    Updated flash_modem.sh

EDIT

By the way, you should probably not use the old cm7 padded modems since you won't be able to flash them for newer ICS/JB kernel builds. I'm not taking down the files to keep people from having broken links though.
    Well, I finally got around to repackaging the modem files using the new flash script that should work on any ROM that is CM7 and newer! I know I said I'd have this for you guys months ago, I apologize for the wait.

I have even included a 7zip archive that contains all the zip files so you don't have to download them individually if you want the whole collection. I only flash tested 3 of the modems so if you run into any problems make sure you reply.

Sep 25, 2014
    NOTES