Moderators: get XDA to start updating this forum!

Search This thread

Kenaz Rune

Mar 29, 2019
Google Pixel 6
The 3/2022 update from F(x)tec says it will be mere weeks to delivery, still nothing here!

Moderators emailed me after my last rant in another section - to you, I cannot reply from that email because the service only receives.

If there really is no activity on this device, at least periodically update the forum with a sticky with a dated status. Sure, I'm probably the only one who comes back in hopes of seeing some activity, but in case there are others, it is the least you can do. If the device is dead before arrival, say so!

When (if) this arrives, I plan to explore the different ROMS. F(x)Tec promised there would be at least three available: Ubuntu Touch, LineageOS, and Stock. I chose Ubuntu Touch, but I want to (safely) switch ROMS. While I am a developer, I have zero experience with Android development, so I can't whip it up myself. I need instructions, options, etc.

Will there be a TWRP or equivalent recovery? Can I back-up and restore the system without messing directly with ADB and fastboot? Does the Lineage team have any progress reports on porting to this device? Do they have one to work on? Will Stock be Android 12L? What other teams are creating or porting ROMS to this device? Will there be continued attention and updates for a few years? Will GSI ROMS work on this? Which variety?

Once again, I took this chance based on my perceived reputation of XDA. This is your phone, designed for geeks like me. Show me I am not playing a fool.

abtekk

Apr 1, 2011
London
If it makes you feel better, upon arrival, I plan on porting as many of the different Android flavours as I can over to the Pro1X, along with sources. This includes TWRP.

Reactions: snortphome

snortphome

Aug 10, 2022
I just got mine and already broke it lul.
My fault for not taking a full backup image before messing with it.

Last edited:

eltmosen

Mar 13, 2021
@snortphome its not easily possible to brick this device.
Did you do the full recovery reflash using the provided EDL images?

To flash using EDL and Linux:
Install EDL-Tool by berkele

Put Pro¹ X in EDL mode using `adb reboot edl` when you got adb available. Else
Pro¹-X needs to be put in EDL mode manually. Hold power and vol + and vol - During boot and release all after android logo flashes up shortly and goes into a dark screen second. If it stays dark after you removed the combo, Prawn is in EDL mode.
If it is booting or showing fastboot, redo. I needed 5 tries first.

Check if the usb connected Pro¹ X is in EDL mode using lsusb, it should show:
`Bus 003 Device 011: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)`

Then become root or do the following with sudo each:
```
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram_unsparse0.xml patch0.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram1.xml patch1.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram2.xml patch2.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram3.xml patch3.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram4.xml patch4.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram5.xml patch5.xml .
```

If any of the commands get stuck, redo the finger combo and enter EDL again.
I did not need to do that since all went well with original cable and Pro¹ X not touched during flash.

reboot prawn with
`edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf reset reboot`

F(x)tec will release flashing instruction using Qulcomms QFIL software on windows soon.
Above method is what testers used to install new firmware versions while no OTA mechanism was available.

Reactions: snortphome

snortphome

Aug 10, 2022

Pro¹-X needs to be put in EDL mode manually. Hold power and vol + and vol - During boot and release all after android logo flashes up shortly and goes into a dark screen second. If it stays dark after you removed the combo, Prawn is in EDL mode.

`Bus 003 Device 011: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)`

```
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram_unsparse0.xml patch0.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram1.xml patch1.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram2.xml patch2.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram3.xml patch3.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram4.xml patch4.xml .
edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram5.xml patch5.xml .
```

I did not need to do that since all went well with original cable and Pro¹ X not touched during flash.

reboot prawn with

F(x)tec will release flashing instruction using Qulcomms QFIL software on windows soon.
Above method is what testers used to install new firmware versions while no OTA mechanism was available.

Hi, thank you very much for your thorough instructions!
I'm sure they will be very helpful to both me when I mess something up more in the future and to others! :) I was not aware that EDL mode was existant, I was solely using fastboot.

As for me, it wasn't fully bricked, I still had the stock recovery (boot_a and boot_b were flashed over), and after a bit of hunting around, I found a google drive link (on the thread you linked, actually!) for the stock android on the fxtec community forums, as well as links to Ubuntu touch and SailfishOS builds which I was able to flash and achieve a usable operating environment.

I'm now having quite a lot of fun with this phone!

Reactions: eltmosen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got mine in my hands now. It already comes bootloader unlocked.
    If it makes you feel better, upon arrival, I plan on porting as many of the different Android flavours as I can over to the Pro1X, along with sources. This includes TWRP.

```
    ```

reboot prawn with

```
    ```

reboot prawn with

Hi, thank you very much for your thorough instructions!
    I'm sure they will be very helpful to both me when I mess something up more in the future and to others! :) I was not aware that EDL mode was existant, I was solely using fastboot.

As for me, it wasn't fully bricked, I still had the stock recovery (boot_a and boot_b were flashed over), and after a bit of hunting around, I found a google drive link (on the thread you linked, actually!) for the stock android on the fxtec community forums, as well as links to Ubuntu touch and SailfishOS builds which I was able to flash and achieve a usable operating environment.

I'm now having quite a lot of fun with this phone!