• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Modern Combat 5 Looks Terrible

Search This thread

sdk0308

Dec 18, 2011
I just downloaded Modern Combat 5 on my Tab S (10.5) and it looks terrible. It just doesn't seem optimized for the tab s. Very blurry/fuzzy looking. Anybody else have this problem?

esgie

Feb 17, 2013
It is - as usual - looking brilliant only on a few devices, none of which is manufactured by samsung. It will - as usual, too - change until next versions are released. What you can do as for now...
1) decompile Modern Combat 5 apk file using apktool, edit /res/values/scaleprofile.json and set all the "value" keys varying from 85-50 to 100 or add your model symbol ("sm-t700" or "sm-t705") in "specific section" right after other models which are forced to use 100% resolution, recompile again (I cannot however say if recompiling apks is breaking or is not breaking gameloft's license... if it does then it will be illegal to do it, anyway!) - this will increase the resolution.
EDIT: indeed, the file can be edited and re-packed to apk without compiling at all, just using some archiver like winrar and opening apk file. However, after replacing the file you will need to re-sing the apk.
2) use GLTools and force mock Tegra 4 GPU - this will enable the highest quality setting.

Tested on Note Pro 12.2 LTE which is almost same hardware as TabS's LTE. After enabling both above tweaks game still run fine, but looks MUCH better.

Last edited:

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
I have the same problem with my tab pro 10.1 wifi. It seems the probelm is related to exynos chipset. Is there any possible woraround that doesnt require root?

sdk0308

Dec 18, 2011
They released an update but still no change. Apparently they added the option to change GFX setting on some devices but still not on the tab S. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is - as usual - looking brilliant only on a few devices, none of which is manufactured by samsung. It will - as usual, too - change until next versions are released. What you can do as for now...
    1) decompile Modern Combat 5 apk file using apktool, edit /res/values/scaleprofile.json and set all the "value" keys varying from 85-50 to 100 or add your model symbol ("sm-t700" or "sm-t705") in "specific section" right after other models which are forced to use 100% resolution, recompile again (I cannot however say if recompiling apks is breaking or is not breaking gameloft's license... if it does then it will be illegal to do it, anyway!) - this will increase the resolution.
    EDIT: indeed, the file can be edited and re-packed to apk without compiling at all, just using some archiver like winrar and opening apk file. However, after replacing the file you will need to re-sing the apk.
    2) use GLTools and force mock Tegra 4 GPU - this will enable the highest quality setting.

Tested on Note Pro 12.2 LTE which is almost same hardware as TabS's LTE. After enabling both above tweaks game still run fine, but looks MUCH better.
    looks great on my tab s 8.4 :)
    so i moded MC5 to play it on max settings , and it's fuking lag like 10fps -_-
    Gameloft is worst company ever in mobile gaming. All games have glitches, hangs, fcs... And all of them are pay to win. So **** it, **** mc5

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Where did i say runs smooth as silk :D I am just reporting what others said when the upgraded from stock kitkat to stock lollipop, they said there was problems with the graphics/textures in games/apps but that over 12 months ago, You could try flashing the last stock kitkat rom for your country, but you may face other compatibility issues with new games/apps so i would not bother, if you are use to flashing different rom`s you could give it a try.

John.

Hey you said that KitKat runs smooth as silk on the T700.
    Would you mind telling which version you ran on did you ran on a custom ROM or just stock KitKat and are you still running on it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA-Developers mobile app