Modified Kindle app, optimised for eInk Nooks

Search This thread

HarryCz

Apr 25, 2011
Thanks, Paul. I'm using it at the moment and it seems good. Haven't bothered remapping the buttons though - I find they're quite stiff and difficult to press compared to just taking on the screen.

Have you noticed how it refreshes the page every turn though, rather than every six like on the built in reader? It's a bit jarring. I'm wondering if anything can be done about that. I might start just downloading my kindle books as epubs and using the built in reader.

jumpingclear

Jun 21, 2013
Thanks, I tried again and downloaded it ok. For some reason when I click on the link in Opera I got a blocked pop up message that when I opened just produced a blank page. I also got another tab that redirected to random spammy sites.

I have just tried in rekonq and it opened a captcha and dowloaded without any problem.

Golomidov

Jul 15, 2007
Hi!
Does this version support send-to-kindle email? I've installed it succesfully, I see it in my devices on manageyourkindle page, but it doesn't have a send-to-kindle email :(
NST is 1.2.1 fw, rooted with NookManager.

mhier

Oct 26, 2012
Could you explain how you disabled the page turn animations? I would like to implement this in a Xposed module, so one no longer has to modify the APK.

Thanks in advance!

branflake

Jan 10, 2016
I installed this (before the regular kindle) and the page turn buttons only work in the menus of the app, not the book itself. I see you mention "Nook Touch Mod Manager", which I dont see on my list of available apps (I used touchnooter package).
Is there a setting or something I am missing?

nmyshkin

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2013
I installed this (before the regular kindle) and the page turn buttons only work in the menus of the app, not the book itself. I see you mention "Nook Touch Mod Manager", which I dont see on my list of available apps (I used touchnooter package).
Is there a setting or something I am missing?

NTMM comes with rooting via Nook Manager. I just finished a book on the Kindle app and exclusively used a light touch on the right side of the screen to change pages. That's how I do it in the stock reader as well. Saves wear and tear on the hardware buttons and requires less energy :)

But you gotta love it or do something different.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone