• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Modify system files

Search This thread
Have you tried disabling selinux? I had to disable it to make changes to certain system files. You can disable it temporarily (until the next reboot) by running this from a terminal: su -c 'setenforce 0'
After I enter this comment then I able to use root explorer to change? Also, after reboot if I want to change, I need to enter this comment again? Correct?

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
After I enter this comment then I able to use root explorer to change? Also, after reboot if I want to change, I need to enter this comment again? Correct?
Yes, the command will disable selinux, then you can use root explorer (or any root app) to make changes.

Selinux will be enabled by default at each boot. If you want it always disabled, you can create a startup script to run that command at each boot. (I use EX kernel manager's "script" tool for this, but there are other methods.) Keep in mind selinux is a security feature, so it's usually not a good idea to keep it disabled all the time.

Yes, the command will disable selinux, then you can use root explorer (or any root app) to make changes.

Selinux will be enabled by default at each boot. If you want it always disabled, you can create a startup script to run that command at each boot. (I use EX kernel manager's "script" tool for this, but there are other methods.) Keep in mind selinux is a security feature, so it's usually not a good idea to keep it disabled all the t
Could you recommend a terminal app please? I'm using terminal app name as termux but it looks like the commend doesn't work.

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Could you recommend a terminal app please? I'm using terminal app name as termux but it looks like the commend doesn't work.
I use termux, and it works as long as termux app has root permission. If the command is successful, there is no output. You can confirm whether selinux is disabled by running this: su -c 'getenforce'. "Permissive" means disabled; "Enforcing" means enabled.

Please see these screenshots below. It's disable now, but still not allow me to changed, I also got permission for root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-125930.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-125930.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210920-125939.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-125939.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 36

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Please see these screenshots below. It's disable now, but still not allow me to changed, I also got permission for root.
Interesting. I encounter the same problem. Further investigation looks like it's related to this:

This looks promising, but I have not tried it. I may have time to test this evening.

Why in fastboot mode when I try to flash original boot.img, the system got error for partition not found? How can I fix this problem?
Did you do fastboot flash boot boot.img
If that didn't work download new fastboot tools from ask if you are using minimal tool.
If that doesn't work try to do a local update with lastest firmware. If that doesn't work use the msm tool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried disabling selinux? I had to disable it to make changes to certain system files. You can disable it temporarily (until the next reboot) by running this from a terminal: su -c 'setenforce 0'