• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Modifying Permissions on Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

arathur

Does anyone know how I can change permissions for individual apps on Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus (GSM)?

I've tried many apps like "Permissions Denied," but none of them seem to work. Most of the apps only allow you to view the permissions without modifying them, but the few that can actually modify permissions don't seem to be compatible with this phone. However, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

The reason I'm trying to do this is because I want to disable data usage on a particular app (Navigon 4.1.3) because it uses 5 kB of data every time it launches. Please let me know if you guys have any insight into this matter. :)

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
DO NOT USE WITH JELLY BEAN

There is an app I saw in another post called lbe privacy guard

It is supposed to let you change privileges on apps. I have never used it though, so I am not sure if it will work out not. Might be worth a try.

Edit: I tried this on jelly bean last night, and it gave me a loop after the phone booted. It would keep going to the lock screen, and then 10 seconds or so would pass and it would start "protecting" my phone, and it would go back to lock screen with no service. Pain in the butt to uninstall and fix phone.

Do not install it now if you are on jelly bean. Wait until they update the app first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts