Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
- Nov 27, 2011
SUPREME Mods v1.5
-wifi speed increases -changed bluetooth name to "Touchpad" -increased quality of photos and videos -added initial dalvik heapsize for better start up -changed the wifi scan interval to 180 (save battery when not connected to wifi) -kernel tweaks for less debugging/more RAM -higher events per second for the window manager (smoother scrolling) -overall performance boost and responsiveness increase with higher cache values -disable sending usage data (not sure if functional but it was a property listed in the documentation) -deeper sleep during the night hours for better battery life -disables error checking -faster media streaming -changed device info to that of a SGH-T989 from Samsung so most Gameloft games are compatible to download the SD files -270 degree rotation -uses image dithering for faster performance -keeps launcher in memory for faster launcher performance -better battery management in terms of percentage and associated kernel actions -better sqlite management for apps -better sqlite management for apps -faster app switching between google apps -defragmentation of database files -cleaner of temporary files at bootup that are no longer in use
If you want support, either post here or ask me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm
COMPATABILITY: Tested on Cyanogenmod Alpha 2 and the CM9 nightlies, may/may not work on other ROMs!
If you install this with ROMs other than CM9, then you will see many side effects in the Settings app, such as it displaying you are running CM9 when really you are running some other ROM. The build.prop is built off of the latest official nightly, 20120404.
Choose the DPI you want and download the respective one!
160 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-160dpi.zip
120 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-120dpi.zip
If you don't know what DPI is, download the 160 DPI version.
DOWNLOAD IS HERE: http://goo-inside.me/devs/rohan/tenderloin/SUPREME Mods
Current version is v1.5
WARNING: Make a nandroid backup before downloading this!
If something goes wrong (even though it has been tested numerous times) its always good to have a backup! I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of this!
1. Download the .zip from goo-inside.me linked below
2. Reboot into ClockworkMod
3. Install zip from SD Card -> Browse for zip you just downloaded
4. Wipe Dalvik cache (in advanced menu)
5. Heres the decision point: you can either end here, or you can continue on to install the V6 ICS Supercharger script. The process is a little bit involved, so if you don't want to continue, you don't have to. I reccomend you do continue though, as the Supercharger script makes a very big difference in terms of speed! For those of you who choose not to continue, thanks for installing the SUPREME Modpack! Enjoy your Touchpad! For those that want the ICS Supercharger too, continue below!
6. Download the latest Supercharger script from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276 to your /Download folder (the file is called "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt") (Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
7. Continuing to install the supercharger script... open up a file manager and rename the file to get rid of the .txt extension (so that it becomes a .sh extension)
8. Open up the app called Terminal Emulator on your Touchpad. If its not already installed (it should have come with CM9) then just install it from the market.
7. In the Terminal, type the following.
Then accept the Superuser request that opens up.Code:
8. Then type:
9. The screen will display some text as the script loads up. Be patient and wait.Code:
sh /Download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh (Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
10. After loading, it will come to a thing where it detects what launcher you are running. Press the enter key to confirm your launcher.
11. The script will do some more stuff and then ask for what type of scrolling you want. Type in "1" without quotes to confirm you want fast scrolling to make the install process quicker and then press enter.
12. It will do some more stuff and then ask about integration. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want integration and then press enter.
13. It will do some more stuff and then ask about animations. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want to disable the animation and then press enter.
14. It will do some more stuff and then ask about what type of Supercharger you want. Type "9" without quotes confirming you want the highest and most aggressive tweaks (they work the best for the Touchpad) and then press enter.
15. The script will finish up and then ask if you want to super clean your system. Type "y" without quotes and then press enter. Your system will reboot.
16. Go to this link: http://android.mimic.ca/
17. Upload your services.jar file from the /system/framework/ directory
18. Patch the file using the online patcher
19. Download the CWM file it gives you (the .zip). Don't worry about what it says about being for Nexus S.
20. Reboot to recovery and flash the CWM file it just gave you.
Congrats, you have the SUPREME Modpack and the ICS Supercharger scripts installed! Reboot normally and enjoy!
To update, just follow the same instructions as the install directions! You will also need to install every time you install a new ROM.
4/05: -Removed the ICS Supercharger script as its creator respectfully asked for it to be removed from the package. You may still install it separately though using the instructions I posted though.
-Cleaned up the init.d file thanks to tweaks made by archrival
4/1: -Includes the ICS Supercharger Script from zepplinrox! Original thread is here: http://forum.xda-dev...44#post16635544
-Cleaned up the init.d tweak file and removed conflicting code
-Updated the build.prop to the latest official nightly
-Added database defragmentation
-Added removal of temporary system files at bootup
3/10: -MANY new tweaks!
-Fixed some wifi issues due to some unruly init.d tweaks
-better sqlite management for apps
-faster app switching between google apps
3/3: -Added an init.d tweak file!
-270 degree rotation
-uses image dithering for faster performance
-keeps launcher in memory for faster launcher performance
-attempts to always keep the home button on
-better battery management in terms of percentage and associated kernel actions
-kernel tweaks for less debugging/more RAM
2/27: -Added comments to build.prop file so that you guys can customize it easier if you want to
-increased quality of photos and videos
-added initial dalvik heapsize for better start up
2/26: -Initial release