SUPREME Mods v1.5
For CM9/ICS!

FEATURES:
Code:
-wifi speed increases
-changed bluetooth name to "Touchpad"
-increased quality of photos and videos
-added initial dalvik heapsize for better start up
-changed the wifi scan interval to 180 (save battery when not connected to wifi)
-kernel tweaks for less debugging/more RAM
-higher events per second for the window manager (smoother scrolling)
-overall performance boost and responsiveness increase with higher cache values
-disable sending usage data (not sure if functional but it was a property listed in the documentation)
-deeper sleep during the night hours for better battery life
-disables error checking
-faster media streaming
-changed device info to that of a SGH-T989 from Samsung so most Gameloft games are compatible to download the SD files
-270 degree rotation
-uses image dithering for faster performance
-keeps launcher in memory for faster launcher performance
-better battery management in terms of percentage and associated kernel actions
-better sqlite management for apps
-faster app switching between google apps
-defragmentation of database files
-cleaner of temporary files at bootup that are no longer in use

If you want support, either post here or ask me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm

COMPATABILITY: Tested on Cyanogenmod Alpha 2 and the CM9 nightlies, may/may not work on other ROMs!
If you install this with ROMs other than CM9, then you will see many side effects in the Settings app, such as it displaying you are running CM9 when really you are running some other ROM. The build.prop is built off of the latest official nightly, 20120404.

DOWNLOAD:
Choose the DPI you want and download the respective one!
160 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-160dpi.zip
120 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-120dpi.zip
If you don't know what DPI is, download the 160 DPI version.

DOWNLOAD IS HERE: http://goo-inside.me/devs/rohan/tenderloin/SUPREME Mods
Current version is v1.5

INSTRUCTIONS

WARNING: Make a nandroid backup before downloading this!
If something goes wrong (even though it has been tested numerous times) its always good to have a backup! I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of this!

1. Download the .zip from goo-inside.me linked below
2. Reboot into ClockworkMod
3. Install zip from SD Card -> Browse for zip you just downloaded
4. Wipe Dalvik cache (in advanced menu)
4. Reboot
5. Heres the decision point: you can either end here, or you can continue on to install the V6 ICS Supercharger script. The process is a little bit involved, so if you don't want to continue, you don't have to. I reccomend you do continue though, as the Supercharger script makes a very big difference in terms of speed! For those of you who choose not to continue, thanks for installing the SUPREME Modpack! Enjoy your Touchpad! For those that want the ICS Supercharger too, continue below!
=======================================================
6. Download the latest Supercharger script from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276 to your /Download folder (the file is called "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt") (Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
7. Continuing to install the supercharger script... open up a file manager and rename the file to get rid of the .txt extension (so that it becomes a .sh extension)
8. Open up the app called Terminal Emulator on your Touchpad. If its not already installed (it should have come with CM9) then just install it from the market.
7. In the Terminal, type the following.
Code:
su
Then accept the Superuser request that opens up.
8. Then type:
Code:
sh /Download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh
(Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
9. The screen will display some text as the script loads up. Be patient and wait.
10. After loading, it will come to a thing where it detects what launcher you are running. Press the enter key to confirm your launcher.
11. The script will do some more stuff and then ask for what type of scrolling you want. Type in "1" without quotes to confirm you want fast scrolling to make the install process quicker and then press enter.
12. It will do some more stuff and then ask about integration. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want integration and then press enter.
13. It will do some more stuff and then ask about animations. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want to disable the animation and then press enter.
14. It will do some more stuff and then ask about what type of Supercharger you want. Type "9" without quotes confirming you want the highest and most aggressive tweaks (they work the best for the Touchpad) and then press enter.
15. The script will finish up and then ask if you want to super clean your system. Type "y" without quotes and then press enter. Your system will reboot.
16. Go to this link: http://android.mimic.ca/
17. Upload your services.jar file from the /system/framework/ directory
18. Patch the file using the online patcher
19. Download the CWM file it gives you (the .zip). Don't worry about what it says about being for Nexus S.
20. Reboot to recovery and flash the CWM file it just gave you.

Congrats, you have the SUPREME Modpack and the ICS Supercharger scripts installed! Reboot normally and enjoy!

To update, just follow the same instructions as the install directions! You will also need to install every time you install a new ROM.

Changelog:

4/05: -Removed the ICS Supercharger script as its creator respectfully asked for it to be removed from the package. You may still install it separately though using the instructions I posted though.
-Cleaned up the init.d file thanks to tweaks made by archrival

4/1: -Includes the ICS Supercharger Script from zepplinrox! Original thread is here: http://forum.xda-dev...44#post16635544
-Cleaned up the init.d tweak file and removed conflicting code
-Updated the build.prop to the latest official nightly
-Added database defragmentation
-Added removal of temporary system files at bootup

3/10: -MANY new tweaks!
-Fixed some wifi issues due to some unruly init.d tweaks

3/3: -Added an init.d tweak file!
-270 degree rotation
-attempts to always keep the home button on

2/27: -Added comments to build.prop file so that you guys can customize it easier if you want to

2/26: -Initial release

Last edited:

slyr114

Oct 9, 2011
Cleveland
this sounds amazing but i am just wondering if i could edit this so it doesnt touch the dpi at all? i use 132 right now and dont want to mess with it, other then that this sounds amazing

freaktractor

Aug 23, 2009
Charlotte,NC
www.cloud9rocks.com
First time posting in the touchpad forums...

I applied this mod and attempted to install 9mm but still got a "not compatible with this device" error. Unless I'm in error of some sorts I believe this game still has issues running on our devices. I at least had to give this a shot to maybe see if it would help with me getting this game installed.

Nonetheless excellent work and thank you for your contribution!

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
this sounds amazing but i am just wondering if i could edit this so it doesnt touch the dpi at all? i use 132 right now and dont want to mess with it, other then that this sounds amazing

I added the build.prop text in the OP near the bottom, in a pastebin link. Copy the text from there, paste it into your build.prop, and then find the line for the density and edit that back to 132 before saving.

I applied this mod and attempted to install 9mm but still got a "not compatible with this device" error. Unless I'm in error of some sorts I believe this game still has issues running on our devices. I at least had to give this a shot to maybe see if it would help with me getting this game installed.

I don't own the game so I was not able to test it, sorry! I know this change has worked for Modern Combat 3, Asphalt, and a couple other games. I will look into making 9mm work, since this might be a problem across multiple games!

Mr.Quipster

Sep 9, 2011
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Im really looking forward to a smoother scrolling experience. I love my tp immensely but I've always found the very subtle studder of scrolling to be a little displeasing when it comes to scrolling in between home screens. Does this "smooth scrolling" enhancement effect web browsing scrolling?
I am definitely going to give this a shot bud, brb with thoughts and opinions. Thanks again for your work in this community.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Anyone have a link to dilinger's 120dpi fix?

Last edited:

bentech4u

Nov 16, 2008
Please help me to fix usb storage fix

Please help me to fix usb storage fix.Because when i connecting my touchpad to computer, nothing is happening.Touchpad memory is not opening.

i tried turning off developer mod.then also same.How to fix this

please help me

thanks

Mr.Quipster

Sep 9, 2011
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Please help me to fix usb storage fix.Because when i connecting my touchpad to computer, nothing is happening.Touchpad memory is not opening.

please help me

thanks

Lmao.
Plug in your device. Then Go to: settings, then click on storage on the left. then on the top right you will see 3 vertical dots, click it for more options. "USB computer connections" will be available. Select it. Then check mark the "media device (MDP)" field.
If you're using windows, ignore the driver installer error prompt. Your TP should still be visible when you go to my computer. :D

Push Thanks if I helped. i hope I did. >.> lol

Last edited:

slayerpsp

Jun 18, 2010
SO CAL

its the dpi change to 160 9mm works just fine i beat the game on my TP i use PG86100 on the build prop evo 3d

ruthienu

Nov 11, 2008
What changes did you make to make better media streaming?
I don't want to make all the changes.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

grukko

Apr 28, 2011
Can someone point me to dalingrin's dpi fix? Can't find it anywhere. thanks!

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
This really works! I was stuck using 160dpi on Alpha2 because 120 or 132dpi both were not smooth, they had a small skip or judder when transitioning screens. Bugged the heck out of me so I set it to 160dpi where it is smooooth.

I flash this build.prop this morning and 132 is now just as smooth! Not sure what else it fixed but it didn't break anything which is always a good thing. Me happy :D

Thanks Rohan!

minimonkey7

Aug 5, 2009
Cleckheaton
Nice one

Changed the build.prop in notepad to 160dpi then saved over the top and just flashed, now I'm playing BackStab HD! Thank you very much! :)

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Thanks for doing this but I have a question. In your OP, you listed:
disables error checking (may have side effects)

Does this affect the SD card error checking (fsck_msdos) that the TP does on boot, which shows up as Preparing SD card on notifications?

Btw, just a suggestion that it might be a good idea to put a line in your OP and recommend doing a nandroid backup or at least backing up of the original build prop file before flashing this. Thanks again.

Mike T

Last edited:

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Hi guys, sorry, just got back from school. I've answered some of your questions below.
Also, just wanted to say that tonight I will be adding a whole boatload of improvements via the init.d file. I worked on it at school today for a little bit at lunch and it should bring a whole host of speed improvements and smoother aspects to CM.

@Mr.Quipster Yes, this also affects the web pages. It increases the screen's refresh rate when scrolling, thus allowing a "smoother" experience.

@ruthienu I've changed it so that StageFright, the media streaming tool in Android 2.2+ scans meta tags, as well as HTTP filesystems for media. It doesn't hurt to have these lines in there if you aren't using media streaming. It also doesn't interfere with anything else. If you want to delete it, flash the zip and delete lines 101-104 [the ones starting with media.stagefright(...)]

@webdroidmt Nope, this disables something called CheckJNI. It basically scans the system every now and then for things such as invalid variables and arrays, bad buffers, and some UTF-8 errrors. None of the errors it catches are system-threatening and disabling it frees up a substantial amount of RAM. If you do not want this to be enabled as a feature then simply flash the zip, then edit your build.prop and delete the line "ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0". And thanks for the suggestion, added a warning :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUPREME Mods v1.5
    For CM9/ICS!

FEATURES:
    Code:
    -wifi speed increases
    -changed bluetooth name to "Touchpad"
    -changed the wifi scan interval to 180 (save battery when not connected to wifi)
    -higher events per second for the window manager (smoother scrolling)
    -overall performance boost and responsiveness increase with higher cache values
    -disable sending usage data (not sure if functional but it was a property listed in the documentation)
    -deeper sleep during the night hours for better battery life
    -disables error checking
    -faster media streaming
    -changed device info to that of a SGH-T989 from Samsung so most Gameloft games are compatible to download the SD files
    -270 degree rotation
    -defragmentation of database files
    -cleaner of temporary files at bootup that are no longer in use

If you want support, either post here or ask me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm

COMPATABILITY: Tested on Cyanogenmod Alpha 2 and the CM9 nightlies, may/may not work on other ROMs!
    If you install this with ROMs other than CM9, then you will see many side effects in the Settings app, such as it displaying you are running CM9 when really you are running some other ROM. The build.prop is built off of the latest official nightly, 20120404.

DOWNLOAD:
    Choose the DPI you want and download the respective one!
    160 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-160dpi.zip
    120 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-120dpi.zip
    If you don't know what DPI is, download the 160 DPI version.

DOWNLOAD IS HERE: http://goo-inside.me/devs/rohan/tenderloin/SUPREME Mods
    Current version is v1.5

INSTRUCTIONS

WARNING: Make a nandroid backup before downloading this!
    If something goes wrong (even though it has been tested numerous times) its always good to have a backup! I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of this!

1. Download the .zip from goo-inside.me linked below
    2. Reboot into ClockworkMod
    3. Install zip from SD Card -> Browse for zip you just downloaded
    4. Wipe Dalvik cache (in advanced menu)
    4. Reboot
    5. Heres the decision point: you can either end here, or you can continue on to install the V6 ICS Supercharger script. The process is a little bit involved, so if you don't want to continue, you don't have to. I reccomend you do continue though, as the Supercharger script makes a very big difference in terms of speed! For those of you who choose not to continue, thanks for installing the SUPREME Modpack! Enjoy your Touchpad! For those that want the ICS Supercharger too, continue below!
    =======================================================
    6. Download the latest Supercharger script from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276 to your /Download folder (the file is called "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt") (Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
    7. Continuing to install the supercharger script... open up a file manager and rename the file to get rid of the .txt extension (so that it becomes a .sh extension)
    8. Open up the app called Terminal Emulator on your Touchpad. If its not already installed (it should have come with CM9) then just install it from the market.
    7. In the Terminal, type the following.
    Code:
    su
    Then accept the Superuser request that opens up.
    8. Then type:
    Code:
    sh /Download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh
    (Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
    9. The screen will display some text as the script loads up. Be patient and wait.
    10. After loading, it will come to a thing where it detects what launcher you are running. Press the enter key to confirm your launcher.
    11. The script will do some more stuff and then ask for what type of scrolling you want. Type in "1" without quotes to confirm you want fast scrolling to make the install process quicker and then press enter.
    12. It will do some more stuff and then ask about integration. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want integration and then press enter.
    13. It will do some more stuff and then ask about animations. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want to disable the animation and then press enter.
    14. It will do some more stuff and then ask about what type of Supercharger you want. Type "9" without quotes confirming you want the highest and most aggressive tweaks (they work the best for the Touchpad) and then press enter.
    15. The script will finish up and then ask if you want to super clean your system. Type "y" without quotes and then press enter. Your system will reboot.
    16. Go to this link: http://android.mimic.ca/
    17. Upload your services.jar file from the /system/framework/ directory
    18. Patch the file using the online patcher
    19. Download the CWM file it gives you (the .zip). Don't worry about what it says about being for Nexus S.
    20. Reboot to recovery and flash the CWM file it just gave you.

Congrats, you have the SUPREME Modpack and the ICS Supercharger scripts installed! Reboot normally and enjoy!

To update, just follow the same instructions as the install directions! You will also need to install every time you install a new ROM.

Changelog:

4/05: -Removed the ICS Supercharger script as its creator respectfully asked for it to be removed from the package. You may still install it separately though using the instructions I posted though.
    -Cleaned up the init.d file thanks to tweaks made by archrival

4/1: -Includes the ICS Supercharger Script from zepplinrox! Original thread is here: http://forum.xda-dev...44#post16635544
    -Cleaned up the init.d tweak file and removed conflicting code
    -Updated the build.prop to the latest official nightly
    -Added database defragmentation
    -Added removal of temporary system files at bootup

3/10: -MANY new tweaks!
    -Fixed some wifi issues due to some unruly init.d tweaks

3/3: -Added an init.d tweak file!
    -270 degree rotation
    -attempts to always keep the home button on

2/27: -Added comments to build.prop file so that you guys can customize it easier if you want to

2/26: -Initial release
    Your assumption of my knowledge makes you out to be a fool. My post was to enlighten Rohan of an issue.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    All due respect to OP, I think everyone should read these clarifications from Dalingrin (from CM9 team) regarding these mods:

change bluetooth name (EDIT)
    net.bt.name=TouchPad

Dalingrin: This should be changed via the settings UI. Users should set some name specific to them.

- change build id to "IML74K" so that it is compatible with the Chrome Beta (EDIT)
    ro.build.id=IML74k

Dalingrin: This is already done in the nightlies

- changed the wifi scan interval to 180 (EDIT)
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

Dalingrin: I've already increased the default wifi scan interval over the default. This only affects battery life if you have wifi on and are not connected to an AP. Whatever effect it will have on battery should be pretty neglible. Also, @ 180 seconds that means it will take the Touchpad up to 3 minutes before it will look for a new access point. I think this will generally lead to a bad user experience.

- higher events per second for the window manager for smoother scrolling (ADD)
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Dalingrin: Our touchscreen driver will generate events no faster than 100 per second. By default Android sets this maxium to 1.5x the refresh rate. At best changing this will do nothing, at the worst it will create additional CPU overhead without any benefit.

- overall performance boost and responsiveness increase (ADD)
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Dalingrin: AFAIK, neither of these even exist in ICS. Even if the latter option did exist it would be defaulted to be enabled anyway.

- disable sending usage data, not sure if functional but it was a property listed in the documentation (ADD)
    ro.config.nocheckin=1

Dalingrin: Fairly sure this doesn't exist anymore.

- deeper sleep during the night hours for better battery life (ADD)
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

Dalingrin: Neither of these exist. Power collapse is enabled by default

- disables error checking (may have side effects) (ADD)
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

Dalingrin: This defaults to false already.

- better media streaming (ADD)
    media.stagefright.enable-player=true
    media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
    media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
    media.stagefright.enable-http=true
    media.stagefright.enable-record=false

Dalingrin: These haven't been around since Froyo. Froyo had 2 different media frameworks available, Stagefright and OpenCore. These were intended to let the developer specify which framework to use. Stagefright has been the exclusive media framework since Gingerbread.

- net speed increases (ADD)
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Dalingrin: only the default and wifi would have any affect on the TouchPad. These are already set to very large values in init.rc

- increases quality of photo and videos (ADD)
    ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
    ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000

Dalingrin: Neither of these exist AFAIK

- raises quality of JPEG images (ADD)
    ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

Dalingrin: I don't believe this exists either. All of the encoding profiles should be set with media_profiles.xml.

- changing hostname which may fix wifi issue (ADD)
    net.hostname=TouchPad

please help me

thanks

Lmao.
    Plug in your device. Then Go to: settings, then click on storage on the left. then on the top right you will see 3 vertical dots, click it for more options. "USB computer connections" will be available. Select it. Then check mark the "media device (MDP)" field.
    If you're using windows, ignore the driver installer error prompt. Your TP should still be visible when you go to my computer. :D

Push Thanks if I helped. i hope I did. >.> lol