[ Mods ][ 12-21 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes [Unlocked Tether l MMS Resize l Reboot Mod]

Search This thread

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
[ Mods ][ 12-21 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes [Unlocked Tether l MMS Resize l Reboot Mod]

Here's are some of the fixes that I have come up with for the EVO

Mods are based on the 3.70.651.1 build but should work fine on other builds

For 2.2 only - For De-odex'd ROMs only

Ported SNQ's Disable Browser Text Reflow Mod - Disables browser text reflow when using pinch-to-zoom

Ported SNQ's 4-in-1 Reboot Mod - Adds 4 reboot options to the power menu

Hotspot & USB Tethering Fix - Disables Sprint Authentication

MMS Compression Fix - Won't compress image unless it's over the limit

MMS 5MB Limit Mod - Raises MMS limit to 5MB

Disable Dialer Vibration - Disables the dialer keypad vibration

Disable USB Debugging Notification - Disables the USB debug notification icon from the notification bar when USB debugging is enabled

Remove HTC Lockscreen - Removes HTC lockscreen and replaces desk clock with the AOSP version

For 2.1 & 2.2

Remove Sense - Removes Sense from any ROM

Disable Search Capacitive Button - Disables the search capacitive button so you don't accidently hit

Clear Temp - Clears temp files from cache, data & SD card partitions (Good to do before backup)

Format ALL - Format's boot, cache, data & system partitions

Last edited:

brol1k

Sep 27, 2007
NYC
FINALLY the awaited compression fix everyone so desperately wanted lol....great work calkulin and thanks for sharing your hacks bro, been appreciating your work since the ppckitchen days

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Reactions: iknowsquat

ewells38

Nov 14, 2008
It removes the HTC one so the vanilla, AOSP lockscreen is displayed

Not sure if it will work but if you upload your /data/data/com.android.mms folder, I can see if the mod will work

Once the HTC lock screen is removed (only displaying the AOSP lock screen)
the pressing the "menu" unlock the screen ? or will only sliding unlock ?

fsiddique

Jun 29, 2010
Is it normal that when enabling usb tether (after applying the fix) that my 4g connection drops to 3g for a long as I have usb tethering enabled?

Last edited:

Sporkman

Mar 13, 2009
It removes the HTC one so the vanilla, AOSP lockscreen is displayed

Not sure if it will work but if you upload your /data/data/com.android.mms folder, I can see if the mod will work

what would be the easiest way to get that off my phone i tried ROOT explorer but it just hangs and refuses to make a zip

Mitalis

Jun 12, 2010
Caulkin, do these MMS fixes address the issues with recieving pictures? When I use applications like Handcent or ChompSMS, I can see the incoming size of the picture, however when I go to view it, the picture filesizes don't match and the resolution is reduced. The pictures seem to get compressed down to a smaller size after the applications finish downloading the incoming MMS.

Mr. Monkey

Aug 13, 2010
Sandy, Utah
Is there anyway to get the search capacitive button on a toggle? That would be one of the most useful things for the Evo. The button drives me nuts, but I'm not quite sure I want to disable it completely.

You're my hero.

ETA: Curious... would GScripts work for something like that??

Top Liked Posts