• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODs] 3.16.651.3 MOD pack | v1.7 | AROMA | Updated 3/21/13

Search This thread

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Here is what I've collected so far for the new 3.16 base :) Thanks to all the devs that have contributed!!!

These are Deodexed Mods...you must be deodexed!!!

If you have any mods you would like to contribute, PLEASE do & post them...credit (and thanks!) will be given where credit is due!

**Note** Using TWRP 2.4.x causes a funky blue tint, but still works fine to flash

Huge Thanks to amarullz for giving us the gift of AROMA!!! Thx to chubbzlou & viper for the AROMA help!!!

AROMA OPTIONS

*Most options have a "revert to stock" option...

Code:
[B]ADB icon removed[/B]		(credit to Viperboy for the script, thx!) 		/system/build.prop

[B]7 Battery icons[/B]			(thx chubbzlou for the blue ones!)			/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Battery Percentage[/B]									/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]GPS icon removed[/B]		(Thx to SteelH for the smali edit!)			/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]1x/3g icon[/B]			(Thx to SteelH for the smali edit!)			/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Hide AM/PM[/b]			(Thx SteelH & Steal25 for the guides!)		        /system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Trans Notification[/B]		(Thx to eg1122 for the guide!)				/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Transparent Nav Bar[/B]								        /system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]AOSP Recent apps[/B]		(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Remove or Center the clock[/B]	(credit to chubbzlou for the center clock xml, thx!)	/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]JB colored clock[/B]		(thx ticklefish for the quide!)				/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Remove Power Saver[/B]		(thx nitsuj17 for the guide!) (must be applied immediately post ROM flash)	/system/customize/CID/default.xml

[B]Flat Black StatusBar[/B]									/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]JB Blue icon pack[/B]		(thanks Benny & Nick1313 for the icons!)

[B]Sense 5 icon pack[/B]		(thanks mwr666 from One X forums!)

[B]Landscape Rosie[/B]			(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Homescreen Menu[/B]			(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Transparent Homescreen Folders[/B]	(Thx Nick1313 for the guide!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Homescreen icons no text[/B]	(Thx Nick1313 for the guide!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]5x6 App Drawer[/B]			(ported from Dougi/One X forum, thx!)			/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Trans App Drawer[/B]		(credit to timberwolf671, thx!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Roam Only[/B]			(credit to mikeyxda, thx!)				/system/app/Phone.apk

[B]Advanced Power Menu[/B]		(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/framework/framework-res.apk & android.policy.jar

[B]Extended QuickSettings[/B]		(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/Settings.apk & SystemUI.apk

[B]Longpress Volume[/B]	        (Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/framework/android.policy.jar

[B]Remove Keyboard icon[/B]		(thx chubbzlou for the guide!)				/system/framework/framework-res.apk

[B]Increase haptic feedback[/B]	(thx mikeyxda for the quide!)				/system/framework/android.policy.jar

[B]Disable Exchange security[/B]	(credit to Socrguru, thx!)				/system/app/Mail+Prime.apk

[B]5M MMS size[/B]			(must be applied immediately post ROM flash)		/system/customize/MNS/default.xml

[B]Add HTC Notes[/B]			(credit to Rydah805, thx!)				/system/app/HtcNotes.apk

[B]HTCCamera JB Plus v5.5[/B]		(credit to lyapota, thx!)				/system/app/Camera.apk

[B]Camera Shutter[/B]			(credit to Rydah805, thx!)				/system/app/Camera.apk

[B]Modified Google Wallet[/B]		(credit to mikeyxda, thx!)				/system/app/walletnfcrel.apk

[B]MMS Awake[/B]			(Thx to SteelH for the guide!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Half button camera options[/B]								/system/usr/keylayout/keypad_8960.kl

[B]Stock Jelly Bean Boot animation[/B]								/system/customize/resource/SPC_bootanimation.zip

[B]init.d scripts[/B]			(credit to Flex360, thx!)				/system/etc/init.d/00test

[B]Dim Capacitive brightness[/B]	(thx mikeyXDA for the help!)				/system/etc/init.d/50dimleds

[B]Enable manual PRL updating[/B]	(thx gunfromsako for the build.prop edit)		/system/build.prop

[B]Disabled Signature Checks[/B]								/system/framework/services.jar

[B]Remove Sense[/B]

Flashable 3.16 MOD Pack v1.7

JB Blue StatusBar icons:

blue_icons.png

Battery Icons are listed in this order:

circle.png

circle2.png

stock.png

stock2.png

stock3.png

honeycomb.png

sense5.png

Last edited:

aFoodStampBaby

Jun 30, 2011
Massachusetts
Re: [MODs] 3.16.651.3 MOD pack | v1.0 | AROMA | Updated 2/6/13

Thanks omj. I needed this. Hey by any chance are you going to update your Rom to the lastest ota?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
O.M.J.

Which Base deodexed ROM should we use (did you test) with?

The only 3.16 ROMs I know of are MeanBean and diestarbucks's Stock ROMs?

I know in the some of these conflict with MeanBeans builtin mods.

Nice work.

PuRE IVIonztah

May 12, 2011
Arlington
Google Pixel 5

My status bar disappeared.. tried multiple times. Everything works but when I do a battery mod.
Edit: tried adb pushing stock blue percent and system UI fc.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ms79723

Jul 2, 2010
So with this...

When I go to flash this .zip it will ask me what I want and then I select some stuff and it just works? If not that, then I don't understand how I'l be able to select some things without getting everything else :/

rpenrod23

Jan 6, 2009
Midwest

So with this...

When I go to flash this .zip it will ask me what I want and then I select some stuff and it just works? If not that, then I don't understand how I'l be able to select some things without getting everything else :/

There are several mods that are "packaged" together. I think this is in the mod descriptions but I could be wrong.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Thanks! I prefer full trans myself but any chance of getting a transparent dock? Oh and what version TWRP do you recommend?

I like full trans,,,,,:)

Like the full transparency :)

ok, I'll keep the full trans notification background but add the semi-trans....personally I don't like the full trans

yeah, I'll add the trans dock....in the last mod pack, someone else did the mod, I just used his apk....I need to find the mod so I can add it myself

I'm using TWRP 2.3.1....2.4.1 will work but the colors get all effed up.

Thanks omj. I needed this. Hey by any chance are you going to update your Rom to the lastest ota?

yep, gonna try to finish it today :)

O.M.J.

Which Base deodexed ROM should we use (did you test) with?

The only 3.16 ROMs I know of are MeanBean and diestarbucks's Stock ROMs?

I know in the some of these conflict with MeanBeans builtin mods.

Nice work.

My ROM is based on Diestarbucks....unfortunately u are correct about meanbean, that is due to his heavy modding

My status bar disappeared.. tried multiple times. Everything works but when I do a battery mod.
Edit: tried adb pushing stock blue percent and system UI fc.

what ROM are u on, and what mod's did u select? something's wrong w/ systemui, maybe conflicting with something else.

So with this...

run the zip & check it out....you are not obligated to flash anything, you can back out by hitting your back button then selecting quit installation.

AROMA is pretty sweet, but the touchscreen can freeze sometimes, it can be frustrating....one way around it is not to use the touchscreen, instead use the vol keys to move up/down & power to select.

PuRE IVIonztah

May 12, 2011
Arlington
Google Pixel 5
what ROM are u on, and what mod's did u select? something's wrong w/ systemui, maybe conflicting with something else.

Thanks for the early reply. Im actually on a stock rooted 3.16 rom with no mods except for what I flash in your mod pack. Again everything works perfect even the icon pack. But flashing or adb pushing blue stock percent will fc my sysui for some reason. Would you like a logcat?

AarSyl

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8

Ok, so I flashed the trans. notifications from the new mod pack onto Sin's new rom (3.16 base), and this happened.

It's a little too transparent, catch my drift?
uploadfromtaptalk1360246368915.jpg

However, when I flash from the 3.15 mods, it works, but my friend in the notifications drop down returns.
uploadfromtaptalk1360246830320.jpg

Talk about a rock in a hard place. I guess that I can't use it for now.

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Thanks for the early reply. Im actually on a stock rooted 3.16 rom with no mods except for what I flash in your mod pack. Again everything works perfect even the icon pack. But flashing or adb pushing blue stock percent will fc my sysui for some reason. Would you like a logcat?

odd, i'm also using the blue % systemui...maybe try doing a backup, fresh flash, then retry

save & post your aroma log too

Ok, so I flashed the trans. notifications from the new mod pack onto Sin's new rom (3.16 base), and this happened.

It's a little too transparent, catch my drift?

However, when I flash from the 3.15 mods, it works, but my friend in the notifications drop down returns.

Talk about a rock in a hard place. I guess that I can't use it for now.

yeah, that's why I said I didn't care for the full trans...

Reactions: volk9029 and Riff76

PuRE IVIonztah

May 12, 2011
Arlington
Google Pixel 5

Redownloaded and tried flashing and pushing. None of the battery mods work for me. Again I'm on a stock rom. I haven't touched it yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is what I've collected so far for the new 3.16 base :) Thanks to all the devs that have contributed!!!

These are Deodexed Mods...you must be deodexed!!!

If you have any mods you would like to contribute, PLEASE do & post them...credit (and thanks!) will be given where credit is due!

**Note** Using TWRP 2.4.x causes a funky blue tint, but still works fine to flash

Huge Thanks to amarullz for giving us the gift of AROMA!!! Thx to chubbzlou & viper for the AROMA help!!!

AROMA OPTIONS

*Most options have a "revert to stock" option...

Code:
    [B]ADB icon removed[/B]		(credit to Viperboy for the script, thx!) 		/system/build.prop

[B]7 Battery icons[/B]			(thx chubbzlou for the blue ones!)			/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Battery Percentage[/B]									/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]GPS icon removed[/B]		(Thx to SteelH for the smali edit!)			/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]1x/3g icon[/B]			(Thx to SteelH for the smali edit!)			/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Hide AM/PM[/b]			(Thx SteelH & Steal25 for the guides!)		        /system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Trans Notification[/B]		(Thx to eg1122 for the guide!)				/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Transparent Nav Bar[/B]								        /system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]AOSP Recent apps[/B]		(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Remove or Center the clock[/B]	(credit to chubbzlou for the center clock xml, thx!)	/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]JB colored clock[/B]		(thx ticklefish for the quide!)				/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]Remove Power Saver[/B]		(thx nitsuj17 for the guide!) (must be applied immediately post ROM flash)	/system/customize/CID/default.xml

[B]Flat Black StatusBar[/B]									/system/app/SystemUI.apk

[B]JB Blue icon pack[/B]		(thanks Benny & Nick1313 for the icons!)

[B]Sense 5 icon pack[/B]		(thanks mwr666 from One X forums!)

[B]Landscape Rosie[/B]			(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Homescreen Menu[/B]			(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Transparent Homescreen Folders[/B]	(Thx Nick1313 for the guide!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Homescreen icons no text[/B]	(Thx Nick1313 for the guide!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]5x6 App Drawer[/B]			(ported from Dougi/One X forum, thx!)			/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Trans App Drawer[/B]		(credit to timberwolf671, thx!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Roam Only[/B]			(credit to mikeyxda, thx!)				/system/app/Phone.apk

[B]Advanced Power Menu[/B]		(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/framework/framework-res.apk & android.policy.jar

[B]Extended QuickSettings[/B]		(Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/app/Settings.apk & SystemUI.apk

[B]Longpress Volume[/B]	        (Part of APM/EQS mod, Thx one_love_420!)		/system/framework/android.policy.jar

[B]Remove Keyboard icon[/B]		(thx chubbzlou for the guide!)				/system/framework/framework-res.apk

[B]Increase haptic feedback[/B]	(thx mikeyxda for the quide!)				/system/framework/android.policy.jar

[B]Disable Exchange security[/B]	(credit to Socrguru, thx!)				/system/app/Mail+Prime.apk

[B]5M MMS size[/B]			(must be applied immediately post ROM flash)		/system/customize/MNS/default.xml

[B]Add HTC Notes[/B]			(credit to Rydah805, thx!)				/system/app/HtcNotes.apk

[B]HTCCamera JB Plus v5.5[/B]		(credit to lyapota, thx!)				/system/app/Camera.apk

[B]Camera Shutter[/B]			(credit to Rydah805, thx!)				/system/app/Camera.apk

[B]Modified Google Wallet[/B]		(credit to mikeyxda, thx!)				/system/app/walletnfcrel.apk

[B]MMS Awake[/B]			(Thx to SteelH for the guide!)				/system/app/Rosie.apk

[B]Half button camera options[/B]								/system/usr/keylayout/keypad_8960.kl

[B]Stock Jelly Bean Boot animation[/B]								/system/customize/resource/SPC_bootanimation.zip

[B]init.d scripts[/B]			(credit to Flex360, thx!)				/system/etc/init.d/00test

[B]Dim Capacitive brightness[/B]	(thx mikeyXDA for the help!)				/system/etc/init.d/50dimleds

[B]Enable manual PRL updating[/B]	(thx gunfromsako for the build.prop edit)		/system/build.prop

[B]Disabled Signature Checks[/B]								/system/framework/services.jar

[B]Remove Sense[/B]

Flashable 3.16 MOD Pack v1.7

JB Blue StatusBar icons:

blue_icons.png

Battery Icons are listed in this order:

circle.png

circle2.png

stock.png

stock2.png

stock3.png

honeycomb.png

sense5.png

OP updated w/ v1.7!!!

Changelog:

-Added Semi-Trans app drawer (thx timberwolf671 & eg1122)
    -Added Dim Capacitive brightness (thx mikeyXDA for the help!)
    -Added mod to enable manual PRL updating (thx gunfromsako for the build.prop edit)
    APM is coming soon! Thanks to Steal25

Also, I need to fix the transparent curtain, it's full trans instead of semi.
    OP updated w/ v1.3!!!

-Added Extended QuickSettings (access via Rosie menu only!) (credit to lyapota & flex360, thx!)
    -Added Longpress Volume track skipping (thx Flex360 for the help!)
    -Added Sense 5 icon pack (can be used w/ JB icon pack) (thanks mwr666 from One X forums!)
    -Added Sense 5 battery icon

**All Rosie options have the QS menu shortcut
    **QS has option to enable landscape & scrolling wallpaper
    OP updated w/ v1.5!!!

Changelog:

-Added updated Advanced Power Menu Combo (huge thx to one_love_420!!!) if u see a post of his, THANK IT!
    -APM combo includes EQS, Landscape Rosie, AOSP recent apps, Volume button options
    -Added option to remove Sense
    -Added JB icons for HTC Auto
    -Updated Sense 5 icon pack for MeanBean compatibility
    -Reduced files size by almost 40mb by patching framework-res instead of overwriting

Notes:

-All battery icons mods now add the icons only, does not replace SystemUI.apk
    -AOSP recent apps option has been removed since it's a feature in EQS
    -Landscape Rosie option removed since it's a feature in EQS

2013-03-01_14-05-54.jpg
    2013-03-01_14-06-07.jpg

2013-03-01_14-06-14.jpg
    2013-03-01_14-20-16.jpg