[MODS] ◆◆◆ BATTERY % FIX+NO RECENT APPS+EQS (for new BASE 3.33 SENSE 3.6 ROMS) ◆◆◆

Search This thread

d73616

Feb 15, 2009
[MODS] ◆◆◆ BATTERY % FIX+NO RECENT APPS+EQS (for new BASE 3.33 SENSE 3.6 ROMS) ◆◆◆

TESTED 100% WORKING IN FOLLOWING ROMS :
ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.7.0 + 6.7.0 XE
ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.7.1 + 6.7.1 XE + 1.2.1 TM
ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.7.2 + 6.7.2 XE + 1.2.2 TM
ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.8.0 + 6.8.0 XE

Since Sense 3.6, the battery % in status bar is always showing inconsistent value compare with Settings->Power->Battery Use, when battery is lower than 25%. Detail can be found here (thanks to liamstears). I extracted the SystemUI.apk from ARHD, modified based on liamstears' founding, and recompiled a fixed SystemUI.apk.

Moreover, I follow the guide here (thanks to j4n87), and recompiled another SystemUI.apk without Recent App in notification bar.

As requested, flashable zips with
icon_2g.png
/
icon_4g.png
icons are also provided. Please remember, the
icon_hsdpa.png
icon refers to HSDPA, which is actually in 3G mode. Changing the icon to
icon_4g.png
doesn't mean anything at all.

Now, also with Extended Quick Settings (please download the new EQS2 zip files uploaded 02-August for more options and bug fix). Implementation is learnt and modified from the guide here (thanks to j4n87).

Available options in Extended Quick Settings :

◆ EQS2 fixed an issue, now detecting Auto Rotation correctly and consistent coloring with different skins!

eqs_preview_new.png

Explanation on Battery % Fix :

◆ Before applying fix, battery is 25% but incorrectly showing 31% in status bar!

fix_not_applied.png

◆ After applying fix, battery is 22% and showing the same value in status bar!

fix_applied.png

Explanation on No Recent App :

recentapps.png

Note :

This Battery % Fix is designed to fix an issue of showing inconsistent battery value in status bar. It does NOT include any battery icon with % value. You may use this fix together with Battery % Mods (thanks to malybru) in order to get a correct battery value in % icon.

Installation :

1. Choose what you want to see in status bar (e.g. with/without Recent App and Extended Quick Settings).
  2. Download the selected zip file and save in SD Card.
  3. Reboot to recovery.
  4. Create nandroid backup.
  5. Flash (install) the zip file from SD Card.
  6. Reboot.
If you have installed JellyBean Animations, you will need to flash it again. The JellyBean Animations must be flashed AFTER this fix. Please follow the steps here (thanks to joaquinf).

Flashable zip files for ARHD 6.7.x or ARHD 6.8.x (should works for any Base 3.33 Sense 3.6 ROM).
(6.7.x)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
(6.7.x)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
(6.7.x)battery_fix(norecent).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app.
(6.7.x)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
(6.7.x)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
(6.7.x)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

Flashable zip files for ARHD 6.7.x XE or ARHD 6.8.x XE (should works for any Base 3.33 Sense 3.6 ROM with Beats Audio).
(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(norecent).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app.
(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

Flashable zip files for ARHD 1.2.x T-Mobile (should works for any Base 3.33 Sense 3.6 ROM for T-Mobile).
(1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
(1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
(1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(norecent).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app.
(1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
(1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
(1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

As requested, flashable zip files for ARHD 6.6.7 (should works for any Base 3.32 Sense 3.6 ROM).
(6.6.7)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
(6.6.7)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
(6.6.7)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
(6.6.7)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
(6.6.7)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

Just wanna share the files and hope it helps the others. :)
Hit the "THANKS" button if you like this mod. :D

Last edited:

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
Hi! thanks for this mod and for opening a dedicated thread.:good:

Is it possible to have only the batt% fix without anything else included. I remember you've posted it before but i can't see it in the download section. some of us might like just the fix.

Thanks again!

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
is it compatible for my stock ics rom?
because it says that is for arhd rom but i have the same sense and firmware

d73616

Feb 15, 2009

Is it possible to have only the batt% fix without anything else included. I remember you've posted it before but i can't see it in the download section. some of us might like just the fix.

Thanks again!

Will do, either today or tomorrow. :D

Reactions: joaquinf

d73616

Feb 15, 2009

Thanks again!

The flashable files for battery % fix with nothing else are uploaded. Please try.

yes i have that.sorry for not mentioning it before:eek:
so i can use it?

Yes. But as always, please perform a nandroid backup in recovery first.

Reactions: joaquinf

long1226230

Sep 29, 2009
hello,firstly thank you for your work ! but the eqs2 doesn't work on the arhd 6.7.1 when i integrat it to the rom!

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Am I the only person who likes the recent apps bit. Any chance of a mod with Battery, recent apps and eqs or am i pushing it :p

d73616

Feb 15, 2009
hello,firstly thank you for your work ! but the eqs2 doesn't work on the arhd 6.7.1 when i integrat it to the rom!

If it is possible, provide more detail information, and exactly which file you've installed, arhd 6.7.1 with or without XE, any other mod, etc.
With a simple "doesn't work", there is nothing I can do at all.

d73616

Feb 15, 2009
Am I the only person who likes the recent apps bit. Any chance of a mod with Battery, recent apps and eqs or am i pushing it :p

If you want to keep the recent apps list, choose the file "(version)battery_fix(eqs2).zip".
It gives you the battery % fix + eqs, and keep the recent apps list functionality.

Reactions: nateboi81

long1226230

Sep 29, 2009
If it is possible, provide more detail information, and exactly which file you've installed, arhd 6.7.1 with or without XE, any other mod, etc.
With a simple "doesn't work", there is nothing I can do at all.

the mod is (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
it is used in the arhd 6.7.1 with XE ,it only doesn't start when integrat it in rom and the StatusBar doesn't display !
perhaps the sign has some problem!

Last edited:

d73616

Feb 15, 2009
the mod is (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
it is used in the arhd 6.7.1 with XE ,it only doesn't start when integrat it in rom and the StatusBar doesn't display !
perhaps the sign has some problem!

You tried to combine the mod into the rom zip file before flashing the rom, right ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TESTED 100% WORKING IN FOLLOWING ROMS :
    ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.7.0 + 6.7.0 XE
    ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.7.1 + 6.7.1 XE + 1.2.1 TM
    ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.7.2 + 6.7.2 XE + 1.2.2 TM
    ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 6.8.0 + 6.8.0 XE

Since Sense 3.6, the battery % in status bar is always showing inconsistent value compare with Settings->Power->Battery Use, when battery is lower than 25%. Detail can be found here (thanks to liamstears). I extracted the SystemUI.apk from ARHD, modified based on liamstears' founding, and recompiled a fixed SystemUI.apk.

Moreover, I follow the guide here (thanks to j4n87), and recompiled another SystemUI.apk without Recent App in notification bar.

As requested, flashable zips with
    icon_2g.png
    /
    icon_4g.png
    icons are also provided. Please remember, the
    icon_hsdpa.png
    icon refers to HSDPA, which is actually in 3G mode. Changing the icon to
    icon_4g.png
    doesn't mean anything at all.

Now, also with Extended Quick Settings (please download the new EQS2 zip files uploaded 02-August for more options and bug fix). Implementation is learnt and modified from the guide here (thanks to j4n87).

Available options in Extended Quick Settings :

◆ EQS2 fixed an issue, now detecting Auto Rotation correctly and consistent coloring with different skins!

eqs_preview_new.png

Explanation on Battery % Fix :

◆ Before applying fix, battery is 25% but incorrectly showing 31% in status bar!

fix_not_applied.png

◆ After applying fix, battery is 22% and showing the same value in status bar!

fix_applied.png

Explanation on No Recent App :

recentapps.png

Note :

This Battery % Fix is designed to fix an issue of showing inconsistent battery value in status bar. It does NOT include any battery icon with % value. You may use this fix together with Battery % Mods (thanks to malybru) in order to get a correct battery value in % icon.

Installation :

1. Choose what you want to see in status bar (e.g. with/without Recent App and Extended Quick Settings).
    2. Download the selected zip file and save in SD Card.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Create nandroid backup.
    5. Flash (install) the zip file from SD Card.
    6. Reboot.
    If you have installed JellyBean Animations, you will need to flash it again. The JellyBean Animations must be flashed AFTER this fix. Please follow the steps here (thanks to joaquinf).

Flashable zip files for ARHD 6.7.x or ARHD 6.8.x (should works for any Base 3.33 Sense 3.6 ROM).
    (6.7.x)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
    (6.7.x)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
    (6.7.x)battery_fix(norecent).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app.
    (6.7.x)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
    (6.7.x)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
    (6.7.x)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

Flashable zip files for ARHD 6.7.x XE or ARHD 6.8.x XE (should works for any Base 3.33 Sense 3.6 ROM with Beats Audio).
    (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
    (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
    (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(norecent).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app.
    (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
    (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
    (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

Flashable zip files for ARHD 1.2.x T-Mobile (should works for any Base 3.33 Sense 3.6 ROM for T-Mobile).
    (1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
    (1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
    (1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(norecent).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app.
    (1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
    (1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
    (1.2.x_TM)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

As requested, flashable zip files for ARHD 6.6.7 (should works for any Base 3.32 Sense 3.6 ROM).
    (6.6.7)battery_fix(stock).zip : restore to original (stock) SystemUI.apk.
    (6.6.7)battery_fix(fixed).zip : with battery % fix only.
    (6.6.7)battery_fix(eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + EQS2.
    (6.6.7)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2.
    (6.6.7)battery_fix(norecent,eqs2,4gicons).zip : with battery % fix + no recent app + EQS2 + 2G/4G icons.​

Just wanna share the files and hope it helps the others. :)
    Hit the "THANKS" button if you like this mod. :D

A big thx for you and your works !!! :D

As requested, flashable zip files for the battery % fix and no recent app are uploaded.
    I think most people will be upgraded to 3.33 base soon, so I've only created new files for 3.33 base only.
    Maybe changing the file name to battery_stock or something similar should help :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

You are right !

I'm trying to find out the problem why the modded SystemUI.apk cannot be integrated to the ROM zip. Someone suggested that it may be caused by signature. And I'm wondering this may be the same reason why the 2G/4G icons by GROGG88 cannot be used with my files. Anyway, if it can be solved, I'll have to upload a new set of files anyway. Filename will then be changed to "stock".

EDIT : Failed even if signature and compression level remain unchanged. So, this must be flashed separately.

I've added some more information related to the battery icons and jellybean animation as well. :D
    Also support ARHD 6.8.0 / 6.8.0 XE.

Just finished testing the flashable zip files for ARHD 6.7.x / 6.7.x XE in the latest ARHD 6.8.0 / 6.8.0 XE rom.
    Confirmed 100% working in both XE and non-XE rom !
    Hi,I flashed (6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(arhd).zip on ARHD6.7.2.XE,but there is no %value showing in status bar.Am I flashing the wrong file?Thanks.

Sort it out now, dont worry.

The purpose of the "Battery % Fix" is to fix the issue of showing inconsistent % value in status bar. It doesn't include the % icons. You may use this mod together with "Battery % Mod" in order to have % icons and correct % value.

But, please note that "(6.7.x_XE)battery_fix(arhd).zip" is the original file having % value problem. You should flash one of the other 4 zip files, depending on what you prefer to see (e.g. with or without "Recent Apps" list, and Extended Quick Settings).