MODS & FIXES for CM9/CM10 ROMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Voice Search Fix for CM9/CM10

Hey guys :) had some free time this week so I decided to flash MiniCM 9 3.0.4 to see how it went. One of the things I found was Voice Search didn't work :confused: did some reading but I couldn't find the answer so I decided to get to work. After much testing I got it to work. I have already provided nAa with this fix so you should/could expect it to be used in future builds. Till then, I made a flashable .ZIP for anyone who wants to use Voice Search on CM9 ;)

Link :

VOICE SEARCH FIX

Steps :

1. Download the ZIP
2. Place it in your SD Card
3. Boot to CWM and flash the ZIP
4. Reboot

Notes :

1. I don't think making a backup is that big of a deal since its such a small fix, so really, its up to you ;)
2. Anyone who wants to include this fix in their own ROMS, feel free to do so. Just link this thread to yours and give credits.
3. I'm thinking of making this thread a CM9 bugfixing thread in the future. Will see if I can fix more bugs in the mean time.
4. This fix doesn't fix Google Now's Voice Search. semxd already confirmed this.
5. This only fixes normal Voice Search in JellyBean. It doesn't fix Google Now.
Credits :

nAa for his awesome ROM
Google for their Voice Search app
ROMWIZ for testing this out on MiniCM9 for me (just to make sure it works)
semxd for testing this on CM10 to see if Google Now's Voice Search works (it didnt)

Till then ;)

Last edited:

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Disable Scrolling Cache - CM9

I was reading that if one were to disable the Scrolling Cache in the framework.jar, the scrolling would be smoother. After much reading, testing and playing around with smali's, I'm happy to say that I've gotten it to work on CM9 :)

LINK

Steps :

1. Download the zip
2. Boot to CWM and flash the ZIP
3. Reboot.

Notes :

1. I recommend making a backup cuz this one is riskier than the Voice Search fix
2. Please try and report if you notice any difference in the scrolling
3. If you want to include this in your own ROMS, please link this thread to it and give credits

Last edited:

ithunter

Jul 22, 2010
Kathmandu
Help

hey RohinZaraki, i think we can remove some useless libs from rom to run more smoothly i dont use gapps so will you teach me to remove some unwanted libs from system to make our cm9/cm10 run faster ??? well i think you can fix call volume on these rom please try to fix :) ... #Request

Godra

Jan 11, 2011
Mostar
Delete unwanted apps in /system/app to free up more space, and for in-call volume, I read in Nightly MiniCM9 thread that its fixed (but I havent checked it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Voice Search Fix for CM9/CM10

Hey guys :) had some free time this week so I decided to flash MiniCM 9 3.0.4 to see how it went. One of the things I found was Voice Search didn't work :confused: did some reading but I couldn't find the answer so I decided to get to work. After much testing I got it to work. I have already provided nAa with this fix so you should/could expect it to be used in future builds. Till then, I made a flashable .ZIP for anyone who wants to use Voice Search on CM9 ;)

Link :

VOICE SEARCH FIX

Steps :

1. Download the ZIP
    2. Place it in your SD Card
    3. Boot to CWM and flash the ZIP
    4. Reboot

Notes :

1. I don't think making a backup is that big of a deal since its such a small fix, so really, its up to you ;)
    2. Anyone who wants to include this fix in their own ROMS, feel free to do so. Just link this thread to yours and give credits.
    3. I'm thinking of making this thread a CM9 bugfixing thread in the future. Will see if I can fix more bugs in the mean time.
    4. This fix doesn't fix Google Now's Voice Search. semxd already confirmed this.
    5. This only fixes normal Voice Search in JellyBean. It doesn't fix Google Now.
    Credits :

nAa for his awesome ROM
    Google for their Voice Search app
    ROMWIZ for testing this out on MiniCM9 for me (just to make sure it works)
    semxd for testing this on CM10 to see if Google Now's Voice Search works (it didnt)

Till then ;)
    Disable Scrolling Cache - CM9

I was reading that if one were to disable the Scrolling Cache in the framework.jar, the scrolling would be smoother. After much reading, testing and playing around with smali's, I'm happy to say that I've gotten it to work on CM9 :)

LINK

Steps :

1. Download the zip
    2. Boot to CWM and flash the ZIP
    3. Reboot.

Notes :

1. I recommend making a backup cuz this one is riskier than the Voice Search fix
    2. Please try and report if you notice any difference in the scrolling
    3. If you want to include this in your own ROMS, please link this thread to it and give credits
    The second one(disable scrolling cache)

Emm,ok.The framework of CM9 is different from CM10 so it can't work..;).That's why you got bootloop when you installed it..

Sent from my Xperia™ X8
    Hey Rohin I got bootloop after flashing the scrolling cache mod on MiniCM10... so mention it in the OP, will you? :D;)

Sent With My Brains To Yours
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone