[MODS] [MA7] Cam Shutter Sound (feature.xml), Hidden Menu, Call Rec, PRLs, and more

Search This thread

nerys71

May 13, 2008
I bet thats the problem. When I downloaded it twas from another link (that is no longer a link on that page) it was a DDL no options or multiple files. Just the one

so I am betting it was the older one.

I downloaded the new one marked LJC from the "mirror" link and will see what it does.

that did it. works fine now :) multi still works rebooter works.

quick reboot does nothing still but at least now it does not bork the rebooter.

Last edited:

Silent25r

Nov 24, 2009
Does installing all include the call recording mod? I'm deoxed so I'm not sure it applies to me but I do use the swap call feature a lot.

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
By swap call do you mean the ability to answer an incoming call while on a call? Or just the ability to switch back and forth?

Does installing all include the call recording mod? I'm deoxed so I'm not sure it applies to me but I do use the swap call feature a lot.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
a454nova, thanks for putting this together. I had a question for you though, I just basically made the changes that josh made to the features.xml file, and now my stock keyboard lost the symbols on the letters.

I made the corrections on my pc. Any ideas?

a454nova

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
a454nova, thanks for putting this together. I had a question for you though, I just basically made the changes that josh made to the features.xml file, and now my stock keyboard lost the symbols on the letters.

I made the corrections on my pc. Any ideas?

Its real sensitive, but that's the issue you'll have. Might try a different html editor. I made all the same edits in the download. Might take it from there.

I used Dreamweaver and I know Notepad++ works too. There can't be even a space in the wrong place or you'll lose the secondary keys.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
Yeah I have notepad++ I will go over everything again line by line. The joy of Q&A., ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
De compiling and recompiling on my Linux box. Editing with notepad++. Then baking the rom,
And doing a clean install.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
Re: [MODS] Cam Shutter Sound (feature.xml), Hidden Menu, Call Rec, PRLs, and more LK8

Thanks these all work also on MA5. Is there one of these that u can enable call duration by editing the file also ..
Thsnks n advance for the info

Galaxy Note 2

a454nova

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
Re: [MODS] Cam Shutter Sound (feature.xml), Hidden Menu, Call Rec, PRLs, and more LK8

Like in the history? These do, viewable via contacts. Menu history. I haven't tried them on MA5 so that's good to hear.

guycan

Sep 15, 2010

Like in the history? These do, viewable via contacts. Menu history. I haven't tried them on MA5 so that's good to hear.

Yes u are correct found /learn something new today thank u.... And yes they work on MA5 confirmed

Galaxy Note 2

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
The Biggest one to me is this: add to contacts section!!! allows u to join more than 5 contacts!

<CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>30</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs

I've done every step I've seen posted and still can't get the add more than 5 contacts feature to work. I've edited the feature.xml file on my computer, saved it, placed it on my SD then moved it to system/csc/...and replaced the old one. Didn't work. AAANNDD, I took the same edited feature.xml file and replaced the one in the zip file, reflashed and it still isn't allowing me to add more than 5 contacts. Usually pretty good with this stuff and following directions but I must be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~**EDIT**~

Ok, had to get a fresh download of the zip file and added the code for more than 5 contacts, in the feature.xml file, added file back to the zip, then flashed, and,............it worked. :D Nooowww, I'm not sure if adding that like of code in a certain place makes a difference but the contact's information icons don't show anymore for my contacts in the list view. Looked at the code for the contacts for showing icon information and it's set to show that. Should I place the code for 5 or more contacts in a certain place?

~was liking the inverted email too, though it's back to normal now. How could I change that on purpose?~

Last edited:

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
Good day and hello everyone. Ok,......after playing around with this I've come to the conclusion that either I am doing something wrong or using the 5+ contacts line of code in the feature.xml file, cancels out the line of code there to show the contact account icons in the contact list. Have rearranged the lines under the contacts section all different ways but cannot get the account icons to show anymore. Anyone familiar with this?

cbarth3

Nov 8, 2009
Denton, TX
<CscFeature_Message_MaxMmsSize>1024000</CscFeature_Message_MaxMmsSize>

If this value is changed will it send a larger mb picture by mms? I know on the OG EVO some rom devs would make it where we could send a 4mb picture by mms.

also what exactly does this enable?
<CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED: FEB 23, 2013 - FOR MA7

Mods found in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml")
    Edit on a PC or you may have issues. Use a (root) file manager to move it only.

As always, make a back up first...

1. Camera Shutter Sound Menu
    Download Zip Here (LJC) for those that would like to just flash it.
    Download Zip Here (MA7) for those that would like to just flash it.
    (this is only the Camera Shutter Sound)

First- Edit the build.prop (located in "/system/build.prop")

# Camera sound play enforced for SPR
    ro.camera.sound.forced=1

To:
    # Camera sound play enforced for SPR
    ro.camera.sound.forced=0

Second- Change the feature.xml

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

To:
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

Reboot and enjoy the ability to turn off and on the shutter sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others you can change that I played with in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml"). There's a lot more, I'll add to this list some more or if someone posts one below. :)

2. Reject option in contacts

<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>true</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

To:
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Reminder notification option in messaging app

<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>false</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

To:
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

4. Taking a picture while on a call

<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

To:
    <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

5. joshbeach posted more below you can check out or
    Download the Zip HERE (LJC) or Download the Zip HERE (MA7) to flash it all.

(this will also give you the Camera Shutter Sound Menu)

Theres a few more in features... I added all thes already in my ROM... But there are a few more... :)

such as joining contacts, ect. attached is my feature.xml if you want to use some of it. :)

just compare to what you have now. :)

The Biggest one to me is this: add to contacts section!!! allows u to join more than 5 contacts!

here's the rest of the ones I changed in my ROMs. Just change the existing lines to this:

6. Call Recording Mod

IF YOU ARE ODEXED... Delete the SecPhone.odex first!! (/system/app/SecPhone.odex)

Here is the Modded SecPhone.apk that will give you the Call Recording Feature. (/system/app/SecPhone.apk)
    Note: If you are a person that uses or cares about the swap calls button during a call, this will take it away.

Be sure to wipe the Dalvik Cache...

Mod info was pulled from multiple Roms that had it, but credit goes to PhantomHacker I believe?

Enjoy

Not responsible for any phone. Your on your own. ;)

IOTHiddenMenu Info-
    These are the same as the GS3, found here. You'll need you MSL for some things. You can just call Sprint and they will give it to you. Also, they email it to you when you activate your device on their site.

##DEBUG# Menu (code: 777468)
    is one I use a lot. The only place you can see the signal strength of your Lte or 3G. The bars at the top are for voice only.

##DATE# Menu
    Here you can force LTE only, another I'll play with too.

##MSL# Menu
    View - view current phone number/msid set.
    Edit - write new phone number/msid

*#0*#
    Test LCD, Touch, Pen, and other sensors.

Refer to link above for more...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY SPRINT PRL - HERE and HERE
    (Normal PRL is 55012)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMING THE NOTE 2? These all seem to work great!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929217
    (found by: dwigginstm)

STOCK SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TAR LJ1
    In case links go bad as they seem to do from time to time.

This should be enough to get you in trouble, I'll get more posted soon.

Nice Work!

Nice Work.

Theres a few more in features... I added all thes already in my ROM... But there are a few more... :)

such as joining contacts, ect. attached is my feature.xml if you want to use some of it. :)

just compare to what you have now. :)

here's the rest of the ones I changed in my ROMs. Just change the existing lines to this:

Camera
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
    <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

Messaging
    <CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>500</CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryReport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryReport>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoading>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoading>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComposing>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComposing>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>
    <CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>4</CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTitle>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTitle>

Contacts
    <CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>true</CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactList>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>

Settings
    <CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>false</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>
    <CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>true</CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>

Web
    <CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>
    <CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>

SIP
    <CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>true</CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>
    <CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>Prompt</CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>

Launcher
    <CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>7</CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>
    <CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>3</CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>
    *#0*#
    Test LCD, Touch, Pen, and other sensors.
    Holy sh!t. Word of warning:

DO NOT do the Wacom test late at night when your wife is already asleep. After you fill in all of the squares the phone emits a VERY LOUD TONE when it puts up the "Pass" message. Learn from my mistakes, please.
    Besides, the file /system/csc/feature.xml does not seem to exist on my phone.

Same here, Used Solid Explorer then ran a search for "feature.xml1 " Found it and edited it.

Works perfectly.