[MODS] [MA7] Cam Shutter Sound (feature.xml), Hidden Menu, Call Rec, PRLs, and more

Search This thread

a454nova

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2013 - FOR MA7

Mods found in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml")
Edit on a PC or you may have issues. Use a (root) file manager to move it only.

As always, make a back up first...

1. Camera Shutter Sound Menu
Download Zip Here (LJC) for those that would like to just flash it.
Download Zip Here (MA7) for those that would like to just flash it.
(this is only the Camera Shutter Sound)

First- Edit the build.prop (located in "/system/build.prop")

# Camera sound play enforced for SPR
ro.camera.sound.forced=1

To:
ro.camera.sound.forced=0

Second- Change the feature.xml

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

To:
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

Reboot and enjoy the ability to turn off and on the shutter sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others you can change that I played with in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml"). There's a lot more, I'll add to this list some more or if someone posts one below. :)

2. Reject option in contacts

<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>true</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

To:
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Reminder notification option in messaging app

<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>false</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

To:
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

4. Taking a picture while on a call

<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

To:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

5. joshbeach posted more below you can check out or
Download the Zip HERE (LJC) or Download the Zip HERE (MA7) to flash it all.

(this will also give you the Camera Shutter Sound Menu)

Theres a few more in features... I added all thes already in my ROM... But there are a few more... :)

such as joining contacts, ect. attached is my feature.xml if you want to use some of it. :)

just compare to what you have now. :)

The Biggest one to me is this: add to contacts section!!! allows u to join more than 5 contacts!

<CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>30</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs

here's the rest of the ones I changed in my ROMs. Just change the existing lines to this:

6. Call Recording Mod

IF YOU ARE ODEXED... Delete the SecPhone.odex first!! (/system/app/SecPhone.odex)

Here is the Modded SecPhone.apk that will give you the Call Recording Feature. (/system/app/SecPhone.apk)
Note: If you are a person that uses or cares about the swap calls button during a call, this will take it away.

Be sure to wipe the Dalvik Cache...

Mod info was pulled from multiple Roms that had it, but credit goes to PhantomHacker I believe?

Enjoy

Not responsible for any phone. Your on your own. ;)

Last edited:

a454nova

Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
IOTHiddenMenu Info-
These are the same as the GS3, found here. You'll need you MSL for some things. You can just call Sprint and they will give it to you. Also, they email it to you when you activate your device on their site.

##DEBUG# Menu (code: 777468)
is one I use a lot. The only place you can see the signal strength of your Lte or 3G. The bars at the top are for voice only.

##DATE# Menu
Here you can force LTE only, another I'll play with too.

##MSL# Menu
View - view current phone number/msid set.
Edit - write new phone number/msid

*#0*#
Test LCD, Touch, Pen, and other sensors.

Refer to link above for more...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY SPRINT PRL - HERE and HERE
(Normal PRL is 55012)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMING THE NOTE 2? These all seem to work great!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929217
(found by: dwigginstm)

STOCK SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TAR LJ1
In case links go bad as they seem to do from time to time.

This should be enough to get you in trouble, I'll get more posted soon.

Last edited:

mranonymous

Aug 5, 2008
Edit using a (root) file manager.

ro.camera.sound.forced=1

To:
ro.camera.sound.forced=0

To:

Pulled the info from here. Its easy to do.

Others you can change that I played with in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml"). There's a lot more, I'll add to this list some more or if someone posts one below. :)

<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>true</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

To:
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>false</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

To:
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

Enjoy

I tried this on my rooted Sprint SGN2 and cant get this to work. After editing build.prop and feature.xml, all the secondary keys disappeared on my soft keyboard. Reverting the two files from backup corrects the problem. Did anyone else try this?

Reactions: Xpertss

a454nova

Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
I tried this on my rooted Sprint SGN2 and cant get this to work. After editing build.prop and feature.xml, all the secondary keys disappeared on my soft keyboard. Reverting the two files from backup corrects the problem. Did anyone else try this?

I'm stock, rooted, odexed, J1. Shouldn't have anything to do with your keyboard. What do you call secondary? I'll also upload a .zip for just the Camera Sound in a min too.

Last edited:

JoshBeach

Dec 19, 2007
Upstate NY
Nice Work!

Nice Work.

Theres a few more in features... I added all thes already in my ROM... But there are a few more... :)

such as joining contacts, ect. attached is my feature.xml if you want to use some of it. :)

The Biggest one to me is this: add to contacts section!!! allows u to join more than 5 contacts!

here's the rest of the ones I changed in my ROMs. Just change the existing lines to this:

Camera
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

Messaging
<CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>500</CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryReport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryReport>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoading>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoading>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComposing>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComposing>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>
<CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>4</CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTitle>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTitle>

Contacts
<CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>true</CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactList>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>

Settings
<CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>false</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>
<CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>true</CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>

Web
<CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>
<CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>

SIP
<CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>true</CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>
<CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>Prompt</CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>

Launcher
<CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>7</CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>
<CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>3</CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>

Attachments

• feature.zip
    4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

mranonymous

Aug 5, 2008
I'm stock, rooted, odexed, J1. Shouldn't have anything to do with your keyboard. What do you call secondary? I'll also upload a .zip for just the Camera Sound in a min too.

Here.. before

nfjqA.png

After...

CugDt.png

v2BOY.png

Here's what I edited.

WHZwR.png

mranonymous

Aug 5, 2008

chucktownscitch

Jan 2, 2009
Is there any sort of breakdown sheet on what some of these things do exactly? Some of them i wouldnt know exactly what changes they would be making by chaing from true to false or visa versus.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2010
Is there any sort of breakdown sheet on what some of these things do exactly? Some of them i wouldnt know exactly what changes they would be making by chaing from true to false or visa versus.

Thanks in advance.

I know I am a noob here, but what is the process to install one of the zip files above? Everytime I try it says the file is read only and system file and I can not replace it. Let me if someone has an easy way to install them. Thank you.

chucktownscitch

Jan 2, 2009
I know I am a noob here, but what is the process to install one of the zip files above? Everytime I try it says the file is read only and system file and I can not replace it. Let me if someone has an easy way to install them. Thank you.

That is a flashable zip. To install it you must be rooted, reboot to recovery and select install from zip. Then navigate to the directory you have the zip downloaded and select and flash it.

Otherwise again you will need to be rooted, and using a root file explorer you will need to manually modify the build.prop and/or feature.xml .

If you haven't rooted your device yet, there is a thread under general on how to root which has a youtube walk through which makes it very easy.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

nuc noob

Nov 14, 2010
Fort Worth
uploadfromtaptalk1352661279980.jpg
I've only changed the feature.xml setting for the contact reject list menu, it works, but made my stock email app inverted. I like it, so I'm not complaining, just giving a heads up. I think it is a side effect of modifying the file using Es file explorer on the phone. Stock, rooted, deodexed, stock kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

nerys71

May 13, 2008
is there a mod to restore burst mode functionality like it is on the S3?

On my S3 Burst is its own mode and it does the AI Servo mode for focus (continious all the time adjusting auto focus) and when I press and hold the button BOOM it starts snapping pics.

the Note 2 is AGGRAVATINGLY different to the point where it won't work for what I need that burst mode for (shooting rockets)

in the note 2 there is no more "burst" mode instead its part of regular mode.

now if I sit their AI Focus works fine tap the button BAM instant shot BUT if I HOLD the button it does NOTHING first it does brand new full auto focus sequence AND THEN it starts the burst.

thats a huge problem when your "subject" is going to "poof" suddenly at 600mph :) ie it defeats the whole point of their "zero lag" improvements.

anyway to defeat that? to reenable burst as its own option with the ai driven focus and zero lag?

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
You might be able to try pulling the camera all from the s iii, I could be terribly wrong, but our cameras could be very similar.

sent from my ginormous Note II

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED: FEB 23, 2013 - FOR MA7

Edit on a PC or you may have issues. Use a (root) file manager to move it only.

Download Zip Here (LJC) for those that would like to just flash it.
    Download Zip Here (MA7) for those that would like to just flash it.
    (this is only the Camera Shutter Sound)

ro.camera.sound.forced=1

To:
    ro.camera.sound.forced=0

To:

To:

To:

4. Taking a picture while on a call

<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

To:

5. joshbeach posted more below you can check out or
    Download the Zip HERE (LJC) or Download the Zip HERE (MA7) to flash it all.

(this will also give you the Camera Shutter Sound Menu)

6. Call Recording Mod

IF YOU ARE ODEXED... Delete the SecPhone.odex first!! (/system/app/SecPhone.odex)

Here is the Modded SecPhone.apk that will give you the Call Recording Feature. (/system/app/SecPhone.apk)
    Note: If you are a person that uses or cares about the swap calls button during a call, this will take it away.

Be sure to wipe the Dalvik Cache...

Mod info was pulled from multiple Roms that had it, but credit goes to PhantomHacker I believe?

Enjoy

IOTHiddenMenu Info-
    These are the same as the GS3, found here. You'll need you MSL for some things. You can just call Sprint and they will give it to you. Also, they email it to you when you activate your device on their site.

##DEBUG# Menu (code: 777468)
    is one I use a lot. The only place you can see the signal strength of your Lte or 3G. The bars at the top are for voice only.

##DATE# Menu
    Here you can force LTE only, another I'll play with too.

##MSL# Menu
    View - view current phone number/msid set.
    Edit - write new phone number/msid

*#0*#

Refer to link above for more...

EVERY SPRINT PRL - HERE and HERE
    (Normal PRL is 55012)

THEMING THE NOTE 2? These all seem to work great!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929217
    (found by: dwigginstm)

STOCK SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TAR LJ1
    In case links go bad as they seem to do from time to time.

This should be enough to get you in trouble, I'll get more posted soon.

Nice Work!

Nice Work.

Camera

Messaging
    <CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>500</CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryReport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryReport>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoading>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoading>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComposing>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComposing>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>
    <CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>4</CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTitle>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTitle>

Contacts
    <CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>true</CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactList>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactList>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>

Settings
    <CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>false</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>
    <CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>true</CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>

Web
    <CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>
    <CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>

SIP
    <CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>true</CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>
    <CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>Prompt</CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>

Launcher
    <CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>7</CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>
    <CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>3</CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>
    *#0*#
    Holy sh!t. Word of warning:

DO NOT do the Wacom test late at night when your wife is already asleep. After you fill in all of the squares the phone emits a VERY LOUD TONE when it puts up the "Pass" message. Learn from my mistakes, please.
    Besides, the file /system/csc/feature.xml does not seem to exist on my phone.

Same here, Used Solid Explorer then ran a search for "feature.xml1 " Found it and edited it.

Works perfectly.