[Mods] Mods by Jewremy - v5! NOTIFICATION POWER WIDGET!!!!!

Search This thread

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
Oh boy...been working on CM7 and have had a whole bunch of other crap going on. Was forced to deodex to port over a certain something by a certain Mr. DroidJunk. ;]

Also, this is a pretty advanced mod. About 6 hours of amp-fueled work for me to do this right. If you want to kang it, I'll gladly teach you. I know we have a bunch of fledgeling devs on the Droid3.

So. Time to DEODEX - I haven't tried it on an odexed system, but the drop in performance is barely noticeable. Flash steeldroid or figure out how to deodex. The method for the DroidX with XUltimate 2.3.2 works.

v5 has this nifty thing. DroidJunk made it for the Bionic. I ported it to the Droid3, changed it to .9.pngs for the backgrounds and indicators, removed the auto-sync toggle, re-did the layout and moved the data toggle next to Bluetooth.

Honeycomb themed everything, sliding door lock screen...just flash it. You'll see.

Oh, also installs bash and nano as well.

DOWNLOADS
v5 - http://bit.ly/oj0y92

v4 - http://db.tt/w4Qs3QPJ

Make a backup first, then flash in recovery.

If you can't figure out how to do that, go home.

Also added a custom loadpreinstalls.sh to keep shell root after a reboot.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Don't flash this unless you know what you're doing and are comfortable with ADB and rescuing yourself from a brick. Remember, we have an sbf to reflash the Droid3 now. You can disregard the rest of this paragraph, unless you're too lazy to download and learn moto-fastboot, in which case you have just the system dump. Seriously, go get moto-fastboot and the restore files. See that Droid 3 Android Development link above? Click it and find the thread. Worth it. It will save your...phone.

Anyway...

I pulled apart and modified framework-res to my liking
  • Turned off boot sound.
  • Car dock stays in portrait as opposed to not rotating at all - tried enabling dock rotation, something about blur breaks the feature and causes the dock to not launch at all.
  • circle battery with numbers from UOT - uot.dakra.lt
  • old-style motorola lockscreen (two sliders)
  • cut animation times in half - Short 75ms, Normal 150ms, Long 300ms
  • Set lockscreen to skip sliders/slidingdoor if device lock is enabled (pin lock, pattern lock, etc)
  • Enabled menu key to unlock
  • A few other mods that I cannot find.
  • Enabled ethernet connectivity...not sure how to use it, though. My guess is that USB OTG is possible with the right cable.

Modified build.prop to enable AOSP USB notifications, set wifi scan time to 180, CDMA as default mode, increased max events and VM Heap size, couple other things that I don't remember.

Installer is an update.zip - use Droid3 bootstrapper from the market or elsewhere.

Attachments

• device-2011-09-09-160818.jpg
    device-2011-09-09-160818.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 12,528
  • device-2011-09-09-160833.jpg
    device-2011-09-09-160833.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,980
Last edited:

Visegrad

Jan 18, 2010
Chicago
That is amazing. Kudos to you. I'm really gunning to try this since it has so many of the things I miss from my OG, but am a little nervous without a proper recovery available yet.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

saintlikesniper

Nov 11, 2010
I underdstand this but to an extent care to explain in just a little more detail please and thank you.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

Meibs

Nov 6, 2010
Awesome work Jewremy. But for some reason, it wont work for me. I was rooted the hard way, even did "su" to ask for perms, and it is still my normal stuff. Also tried to redo root with 1 click, and im rooted (says shell@solona) but i type su and root@solona ...any other advice?

Edit: I noticed it doesnt do anything after it adb shell. so i did it manually after that point.

No white glow.

Last edited:

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
I underdstand this but to an extent care to explain in just a little more detail please and thank you.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

What do you need to know? I decompiled framework-res.apk, modified and recompiled.

That is amazing. Kudos to you. I'm really gunning to try this since it has so many of the things I miss from my OG, but am a little nervous without a proper recovery available yet.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

My script backs the originals up for you. Just push them back if you need.

Awesome work Jewremy. But for some reason, it wont work for me. I was rooted the hard way, even did "su" to ask for perms, and it is still my normal stuff. Also tried to redo root with 1 click, and im rooted (says shell@solona) but i type su and root@solona...any other advice?

Not sure what's going on. I'll take a look. You do need to have busybox installed, but the 1-click root did that for you. The script backs everything up for you and puts the modded files at /sdcard/modkit/, so you might as well run it manually. Here's the code to run in adb shell. You can do it from your phone, but skip the "stop" command in that case.
Code:
su
stop
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/build.prop /system/build.prop
reboot

Also, make sure you don't have Mass Storage mode on. Put it in Charge only, otherwise it'll fail (can't write to SDcard if it can't see it.)

Reactions: niko99

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
You could just use root explorer and overite the 3 files also. Worked great for me.

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
im bootlooping after trying the root explorer method -__- it happened after i replaced SystemUI.apk how can i fix this.

Try to get ADB access, push your originals back. Might not be able to push to /sdcard, in which case push to /data/local then cp from there. Don't forget to chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
People shouldnt be messing with system files until we get an sbf file, or at the very least a custom recovery. Too many things can go wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh boy...been working on CM7 and have had a whole bunch of other crap going on. Was forced to deodex to port over a certain something by a certain Mr. DroidJunk. ;]

Also, this is a pretty advanced mod. About 6 hours of amp-fueled work for me to do this right. If you want to kang it, I'll gladly teach you. I know we have a bunch of fledgeling devs on the Droid3.

So. Time to DEODEX - I haven't tried it on an odexed system, but the drop in performance is barely noticeable. Flash steeldroid or figure out how to deodex. The method for the DroidX with XUltimate 2.3.2 works.

v5 has this nifty thing. DroidJunk made it for the Bionic. I ported it to the Droid3, changed it to .9.pngs for the backgrounds and indicators, removed the auto-sync toggle, re-did the layout and moved the data toggle next to Bluetooth.

Honeycomb themed everything, sliding door lock screen...just flash it. You'll see.

Oh, also installs bash and nano as well.

DOWNLOADS
    v5 - http://bit.ly/oj0y92

v4 - http://db.tt/w4Qs3QPJ

Make a backup first, then flash in recovery.

If you can't figure out how to do that, go home.

Also added a custom loadpreinstalls.sh to keep shell root after a reboot.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Don't flash this unless you know what you're doing and are comfortable with ADB and rescuing yourself from a brick. Remember, we have an sbf to reflash the Droid3 now. You can disregard the rest of this paragraph, unless you're too lazy to download and learn moto-fastboot, in which case you have just the system dump. Seriously, go get moto-fastboot and the restore files. See that Droid 3 Android Development link above? Click it and find the thread. Worth it. It will save your...phone.

Anyway...

I pulled apart and modified framework-res to my liking
    • Turned off boot sound.
    • Car dock stays in portrait as opposed to not rotating at all - tried enabling dock rotation, something about blur breaks the feature and causes the dock to not launch at all.
    • circle battery with numbers from UOT - uot.dakra.lt
    • old-style motorola lockscreen (two sliders)
    • cut animation times in half - Short 75ms, Normal 150ms, Long 300ms
    • Set lockscreen to skip sliders/slidingdoor if device lock is enabled (pin lock, pattern lock, etc)
    • Enabled menu key to unlock
    • A few other mods that I cannot find.
    • Enabled ethernet connectivity...not sure how to use it, though. My guess is that USB OTG is possible with the right cable.

Modified build.prop to enable AOSP USB notifications, set wifi scan time to 180, CDMA as default mode, increased max events and VM Heap size, couple other things that I don't remember.

Installer is an update.zip - use Droid3 bootstrapper from the market or elsewhere.
    Im getting a little help and advice from Jewremy about some of the edits that he has made. Im taking what I learn from him, and slowly applying what I can to my deodexed ROM. Once I have something available, I will throw up a public beta.
    I have the correct version and I have not touched my framework. Until running this mod.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Yeah. It reads .890 because the build.prop is replaced to make it say .890. Go fastboot or find a system dump and push the right files back.

Once recovery is released and working, I'll make an update.zip so we can say **** it to this stupid script.
    Hmm maybe try this out and tell me what you think.

http://db.tt/g2BFwd1u

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    So do i just adb push the darkbsliders framework? Or drop them in place of the original one in the script? Thanks again.

adb push is the easiest.

adb remount
    adb shell stop
    adb push framework-res.darkbar.sliders.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    adb reboot