Mods please delete this thread seems that my work is useles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lifeflayer

Aug 19, 2009
Re: Decrypted x10 roms

Just wondering, if we modify those files can we still flash them back as the phone only takes signed firmware. Thanks.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my X10a

pakraider

May 12, 2010
hmm very interesting! since these have been decrypted, I would assume that SETool is able to flash an unsigned custom built ROM as well (judging by my experience with Sony Ericsson in general, tools like SETool are able to work around any signing certificates / checksums / etc to flash firmware, enabling people to create patches in assembler that alter the firmware on the device)

But, with the Android world, I could be completely wrong. But I hope I'm not! :)

if this does work, then I really hope someone sets up a service to use SETool with usb-over-network so that we just buy a credit and use our USB cable and some client software to do this.. it's way too expensive if we have to buy our own SETool box + card.

HunteronX

Oct 31, 2008
hmm very interesting! since these have been decrypted, I would assume that SETool is able to flash an unsigned custom built ROM as well (judging by my experience with Sony Ericsson in general, tools like SETool are able to work around any signing certificates / checksums / etc to flash firmware, enabling people to create patches in assembler that alter the firmware on the device)

But, with the Android world, I could be completely wrong. But I hope I'm not! :)

if this does work, then I really hope someone sets up a service to use SETool with usb-over-network so that we just buy a credit and use our USB cable and some client software to do this.. it's way too expensive if we have to buy our own SETool box + card.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too. :)

funfobia

Dec 4, 2006
Hi jerpelea, have you done uploading the decrypted?

How you decrypted the relase flash rom, i want to have a look in to those image.

HunteronX

Oct 31, 2008
my mainline is down due to weather condition

i am on gprs doe to weather condition
i will upload asap

Thanks for your hard work - keep at it! :)

If we can add a superuser apk and other needed rooting files, then repack these Roms and flash them with setool we should have root! (I'll ask Paul from Modaco to do this if all goes well.)

We should also be able to include a custom recovery image - maybe linked to holding the back button at boot (originally SEMC flash mode), and create our own android 2.1 custom rom. :D

Does anyone know how to change the partition layout of an android phone, so we can get it in line with the nexus one, or Motorola Droid/Milestone, for example? (For compatibility reasons, later on.)

Last edited:

collider

May 8, 2010
jerpelea thanks for your great work. We are coming closer and closer to root. :rolleyes:
Ps.think Paul looks at the moment F1 grand prix from monaco :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone