Mods please DELETE

Search This thread

bigmikehd2

Sep 12, 2010
Cincinnati
I just purchased the M8 hk edition and activated it. I haven't mess with an HTC phone since the evo 3d. I unlocked bootloader and rooted. I want to obtain s-off but everything I've researched looks like it either can't be done or you need to pay $25 for sunshine exploit... I can usually figure things like this out on my own, but I'm getting frustrated and would like some help. I've attached a screenshot of my phone info. If it's not possible as of yet, that is fine, just would like a clear answer. Thanks in advance.

Ps, this phone is nice!

Attachments

• 1423346954646.jpg
    1423346954646.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I just purchased the M8 hk edition and activated it. I haven't mess with an HTC phone since the evo 3d. I unlocked bootloader and rooted. I want to obtain s-off but everything I've researched looks like it either can't be done or you need to pay $25 for sunshine exploit... I can usually figure things like this out on my own, but I'm getting frustrated and would like some help. I've attached a screenshot of my phone info. If it's not possible as of yet, that is fine, just would like a clear answer. Thanks in advance.

Ps, this phone is nice!

There used to be other methods, but HTC patched those exploits. Sunshine is the only way now. If you take into consideration the time and broken phones it took for the Sunshine devs to get the method to S-Off out (If it was simple, other people would have posted their instructions here on XDA), $25 is a small price to pay. And believe me, S-Off makes everything easier. It is worth $25. Period.

Reactions: bigmikehd2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ps, this phone is nice!

There used to be other methods, but HTC patched those exploits. Sunshine is the only way now. If you take into consideration the time and broken phones it took for the Sunshine devs to get the method to S-Off out (If it was simple, other people would have posted their instructions here on XDA), $25 is a small price to pay. And believe me, S-Off makes everything easier. It is worth $25. Period.
    Do you guys have any suggestions on nice roms or mods?

Difficult one....there are so many !

:)
    Do you guys have any suggestions on nice roms or mods?

ViperOneM8.
    It has more inbuilt customization options than any other Sense based ROM available.
    ViperOneM8.
    It has more inbuilt customization options than any other Sense based ROM available.

Spam alert :p