[MODS] Remove Carrier Labels and Precise Animation Scales

Search This thread

tytydraco

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2017
I recently read about the use of RRO theming for the s8, so I took some practice and made this.

This mod basically hides the carrier label (AT&T, Verizon, etc...) from the status bar on the lockscreen and in the notification center (bottom).

You can see in both attached photos there is no carrier in the top left status bar and bottom of notification center.

Apk here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DTpyUdT0UAeDF5a1E2OE5XVkU

Any thoughts? I'm making more of these mods. Give me ideas ;P

EDIT: I forgot I made another one. Gives you more precise animation scales in developer settings.

Can't add another photo since I already published so here's a Google photos link:
https://goo.gl/photos/sn52P5xtQ7fFrymh7

Apk here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DTpyUdT0UAZlpxOVA3WU95c1E/view?usp=drivesdk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170808-163827.jpg
    Screenshot_20170808-163827.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 10,916
  • Screenshot_20170808-163837.jpg
    Screenshot_20170808-163837.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 10,954
Last edited:

nakhaie85

Nov 29, 2013
I recently read about the use of RRO theming for the s8, so I took some practice and made this.

This mod basically hides the carrier label (AT&T, Verizon, etc...) from the status bar on the lockscreen and in the notification center (bottom).

You can see in both attached photos there is no carrier in the top left status bar and bottom of notification center.

Apk here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DTpyUdT0UASUZfVjZsOTFKQ1U/view?usp=drivesdk

EDIT: I forgot I made another one. Gives you more precise animation scales in developer settings.

Can't add another photo since I already published so here's a Google photos link:

Apk here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DTpyUdT0UAZlpxOVA3WU95c1E/view?usp=drivesdk
Nice [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: tytydraco

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
Nice, @Tigerhoods sent me this and is better than what I was currently doing. I just added .27 and .75 animation scales. I like what you have done more. We have both been putting our heads together and see all what other kids we can come up with. I am currently trying to get access for those of us who are carrier decided to remove the ability to display the weather icon on the lockscreen. I can add the access to a different XML, but because the original XML does not show the fragment, I can't currently get it to work. I asked in the Q&A thread if anyone had the the name of the shortcut.

If you want we need to get a telegram group together and see what all we can come up with. I currently have everything I have done on my git.

I made an oem unlock switch show up in a different area hoping to help out with root, but there is more that the Java files do when the switch is turned on than just a simple switch making a system broadcast.

eb530835dddddcd2516e36721143c5ae.jpg

0a44f72e0276e9af42ba33cdd5eda11f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Commugon

Dec 26, 2016

Apk here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DTpyUdT0UASUZfVjZsOTFKQ1U/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank You so much, phone feels blazing fast now

lmservas

Nov 6, 2016
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
I can't seem to figure out a way to take a screenshot of the lock screen, but just so you know if your carrier removal overlay is used with pimp's center clock mod the status bar icons (4g, signal, battery) all get super blurry on lockscreen...almost looks like multiple icons all laid over each other but not quite aligned.

tytydraco

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2017
I can't seem to figure out a way to take a screenshot of the lock screen, but just so you know if your carrier removal overlay is used with pimp's center clock mod the status bar icons (4g, signal, battery) all get super blurry on lockscreen...almost looks like multiple icons all laid over each other but not quite aligned.
Thanks for the report. It could be an issue with the way that pimps mod works making it incompatible with mine. I can look into it.

lmservas

Nov 6, 2016
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
Cool, yah just figured you'd like to know. Either way very impressive work man, thanks for sharing!

So I turned my pin/fingerprint lock screen off, switched to none/swipe, then back to pin/fingerprint and for whatever reason that seemed to fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

hold power + volume down.

Lol, I can't believe I forgot about this already. I've been spoiled by the smart select edge screen. Thanks man.

Bobthahog

Mar 3, 2014
Lebanon
Google Pixel 5
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have a dumb question.

I down loaded and installed this. But I don't see an App called Galaxy Carrier Hider. Where does this show up in Settings?

Sorry for the dumb question.
Go to your file explorer and long press this APK and then select details and look at the name. That will be the same name that's in the settings. Are you wanting to delete it or something? It's not going to be an app, it's an overlay.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I have a dumb question.

I down loaded and installed this. But I don't see an App called Galaxy Carrier Hider. Where does this show up in Settings?

Sorry for the dumb question.
Is your carrier's name gone from the status bar and the pull-down menu? If so then this overlay is doing its job.:good:

Flame Red

Nov 5, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Go to your file explorer and long press this APK and then select details and look at the name. That will be the same name that's in the settings. Are you wanting to delete it or something? It's not going to be an app, it's an overlay.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Is your carrier's name gone from the status bar and the pull-down menu? If so then this overlay is doing its job.:good:

Under Properties, it shows as "Galaxy Carrier Hide". But when I search Settings, it does not seem to show up even after reboot.

Yes, Carrier Name is gone indeed both on the lock screen and status bar :D

I am running the renovate 4.0 Rom if that matters on a S8+

Bobthahog

Mar 3, 2014
Lebanon
Google Pixel 5
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Under Properties, it shows as "Galaxy Carrier Hide". But when I search Settings, it does not seem to show up even after reboot.

Yes, Carrier Name is gone indeed both on the lock screen and status bar :D

I am running the renovate 4.0 Rom if that matters on a S8+
Then you are good to go since carrier icons are gone. If you're wanting to uninstall it look for com.galaxycarrierhider.

jacobsface

Apr 19, 2016
I just uninstalled substratum/Samsung add-on, custom navbar, and anything else that might interfere. Even after I uninstall this app, the quick settings do not reappear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Apk here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DTpyUdT0UAeDF5a1E2OE5XVkU

Nice, @Tigerhoods sent me this and is better than what I was currently doing. I just added .27 and .75 animation scales. I like what you have done more. We have both been putting our heads together and see all what other kids we can come up with. I am currently trying to get access for those of us who are carrier decided to remove the ability to display the weather icon on the lockscreen. I can add the access to a different XML, but because the original XML does not show the fragment, I can't currently get it to work. I asked in the Q&A thread if anyone had the the name of the shortcut.

If you want we need to get a telegram group together and see what all we can come up with. I currently have everything I have done on my git.

I made an oem unlock switch show up in a different area hoping to help out with root, but there is more that the Java files do when the switch is turned on than just a simple switch making a system broadcast.

eb530835dddddcd2516e36721143c5ae.jpg

0a44f72e0276e9af42ba33cdd5eda11f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Everyone who is getting force crashes, this means your language is not supported. Let me know what your language is so I can try and fix it. Until then please bear with me. Thanks for all the nice support!
    Firstly,
    thanks for the useful mods.
    I have installed both above mods and they
    work fine. Only one issue i found that re occurs
    Maybe you can check and see if you experience the same.?

I have mods installed for quite some
    time /days. I have stock Rom , no root
    Latest updates etc.

However, i have notice that if i installed /change
    a Samsung Theme from Samsung store, the animation mod " reverts"
    back to old animation scale eg .5 ,x 1, etc.
    .. or so it seems.? (Developers option)

If i re install mod, i see that device
    state that "application updated"?
    So app is still installed but not updating /showing /visible ?
    Any advice /comments.?

This is expected behavior, and has nothing to do with the overlay apks.

Running the samsung theme service will reset your overlays. If you run the theme store you will have to reapply them. Also for many users they have to force stop and clear data for theme store after applying because it will automatically reset later.

Uninstall the overlay, reinstall, then reboot and it should come back.
    There are 2 separate apks. If it's not working try a reboot.
    Weird, looks like 2 diff apks now. before the links sent me to the same file..

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Looks like everything is working, looks like i downloaded two of the same apks. Nice... my apologies, not sure what was going on earlier..

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Dont think so. I'm S8. And no problem using all of those overlays in thread (which mostly use s8+

And thank you for the help Sir!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone