[Module][2018.10.4] Miracast, Tethering HDMI Enabler + USB Debugging Notification Dis

Working for Your Device/ROM? Please Post the Brand, Model and ROM if It Doesn't

• Yes

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 61.5%

• Total voters

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
Code:
# <Module name goes here>
## Copyright (C) 2017-2018, VR25 @ xda-developers
### License: GPL v3+

---
#### DISCLAIMER

This software is provided as is, in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty. Always read/reread this reference prior to installing/upgrading. While no cats have been harmed, I assume no responsibility under anything which might go wrong due to the use/misuse of it.

A copy of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or newer ships with every build. Please, read it prior to using, modifying and/or sharing any part of this work.

To prevent fraud, DO NOT mirror any link associated with this project.

---
#### DESCRIPTION

Hide USB Debugging notification, enable tethering, HDMI (& HDMI mirroring), and wireless display mirroring (Miracast). More features may come.

---
#### PRE-REQUISITES

- Magisk v15+

---
#### SETUP STEPS

1. Install/upgrade from Magisk Manager or custom recovery.
2. Reboot.
3. Go to Settings > Display > Cast > 3 dots; tick the "Enable wireless display" checkbox.

---
#### LINKS

- [Facebook Page](https://facebook.com/VR25-at-xda-developers-258150974794782/)
- [Git Repository](https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/<repo name goes here>/)
- [XDA Thread](https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-miracast-tethering-enabler-adb-t3611335/)

---
#### LATEST CHANGES

**2018.10.4 (201810040)**
- Magisk 15+ support
- Set prop values aggressively.

Attachments

Last edited:

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
You should note it's for marshmallow mainly. Doesn't work on Nougat for many devices. Untested on android O.
I've tested only on Moto Z Play stock Nougat and LineageOS based ROMs. You may be right. Perhaps some manufacturers hardcode their ROMs to bypass this kind of modification. I don't have any other device to test this on. I'll post a poll to see how that goes. Thanks.

Last edited:

LazerL0rd

Nov 2, 2016
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
www.thezest.dev
I've tested only on Moto Z Play stock Nougat and LineageOS based ROMs. You may be right. Perhaps some manufacturers hardcode their ROMs to bypass this kind of modification. I don't have any other device to test this on. I'll post a poll to see how that goes. Thanks.
Well, ik on Nexus it doesn't work in any stock based Nougat ROM.

Reactions: xNotta and bgoetz

n0013z

Oct 31, 2013
After installing and rebooting, go to Settings > Display > Cast > Click the 3 dots > Enable Wireless Display > Done.

Now you can mirror your phone's screen to any Miracast supported device, such as TVs and Windows 10 PCs.

Note: this may not work on some devices/ROMs.
Is there a uninstaller incase it doesn't work on my phone? Running resurrection remix 7.1.2

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
Is there a uninstaller incase it doesn't work on my phone? Running resurrection remix 7.1.2
Usually, this doesn't cause any issue in case it doesn't work. You can easily remove it from the Magisk Manager app. Alternatively, you can also mount magisk.img from recovery and delete the folder "magiskmiracast" inside /magisk.
Use this recovery flashable zip
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4081169&d=1489956274
to mount magisk.img to /magisk.

Last edited:

RokCruz

Nov 18, 2014
Mexico
Miracast is working for me but only for some minutes I play videos, show some pictures and the screen freeze only in my Smartv.

I play videos and more with Allcast and it doesn't happen

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using XDA Labs

Reactions: cantenna

Kdom81

May 23, 2014
Sunshine Coast
So, do I need to be rooted? Or can it be flashed from stock recovery on my zte blade v7 lite (android 6.0) without damage being done? Also I do believe the device needs specific hardware, correct me if I'm wrong!?...

krzysiek033

May 18, 2010
HTC One m9, bad boys one m9 nougat 4.1 rom.
I dont have a display option in the settings (probably because of sense)
Only have display and gestures but no cast option inside.

leckrab

Oct 21, 2012
I installed on my S7 Edge Nougat ... But I did not find in any menu the options to activate. Has anyone had this problem? I also tried to test mirroring with an LG TV and could not.