- Jan 9, 2015
QuickSwitch - Quickstep enabler for supported launchers
QuickSwitch is a Magisk module which systemlessly allows supported launchers to access the recents (QuickStep) APIs. It's future proof, detects which launchers are capable of being a recents provider, and is fairly simple to use.
- Android Pie+
- The latest version of Magisk
- A launcher which can be used as a recents provider on your specific android version.
To use the module, simply follow the instructions:
1. Install the latest QuickSwitch apk from the Telegram channel or GitHub releases.
2. Open the QuickSwitch app that was installed.
3. Select a different launcher as your recents provider.
5. Verify your new recents provider is correct.
6. Set the new recents provider as the default launcher.
After switching providers and rebooting, make sure the current provider is the default home app.
To switch providers after the initial install just open the app, select a new provider and reboot.
To update, just update the app when a new release is published, or check the Magisk app as it should fetch updates too.
To uninstall the module, use the bin icon in magisk manager. Your recents provider will go back to default and your launcher will return to being a user app, after that, just uninstall the quickswitch app
QuickSwitch saves all its logs to /data/adb/modules/quickswitch/logs/ and /sdcard/Documents/quickswitch/ all logs belonging to QuickSwitch begin with quickswitch. If you have any issues with the module send all log files in a compressed archive.
As stated earlier, the QuickSwitch app auto-detects which launchers are compatible so it's going to be difficult to say a definitive list. But for an easy explanation, I'll just say that almost all stock Pie+ launchers will work as long as they are either ported to other devices or are installed by default on your device.
As for custom launchers, you'll have to install them and see if they appear in the QuickSwitch app.
- QuickSwitch doesn't add support for launchers, launchers need to support QuickSwitch. Because of this, a full list of compatible launchers will not be provided as the app autodetects which launchers are compatible.
- Nova Launcher is NOT compatible with QuickSwitch and never will be unless they decide to add support for the Razer Phone natively.
- You can grab the source for the module here
The SystemUI option (removed in Android 10+) will grant you Oreo style recents.
- @paphonb for the QuickSwitch app and the initial concept and idea of a universal Quickstep enabler.
- @osm0sis for assistance with getting 3.x.x to work without having to go permissive, and for his and @topjohnwu's zipsigner
- The Lawnchair and Hyperion team's for initial testing of the module.
Download the latest version here.
- If you wish to donate to @paphonb for creating the QuickSwitch app you can do so here.
- Or if you wish to sponsor me on GitHub for making the module, scripts, and handling support you can do so here.
Current version: 3.3.1
Last updated: 19-06-2022