[MODULE] Android Mic Fix

Search This thread

Nomelas

Aug 21, 2014
Description
Fixes in call low volume mic issues for various Android devices.

Can also fix "Ok Google" detection.

Tested on OnePlus One running both Android 6, 7 & 8 Roms

Note: Originally designed for the OnePlus One but will work for some others. Your mileage will vary.

How it works

Uses the tool "resetprop" to modify the default values found in build.prop to:

Code:
ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=true  
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false  
use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=true

Requirements

• Magisk v16.0 or higher

Links

Changelog

v3.2.4
  • Bump to 3.2.4
v3.2.3
  • Updated template to v1500
v3.2.2
  • Updated template to v1400
v3.2.1
  • Fixed Template & cache bug
v3.1.1
  • Fixed Magisk Manager download bug. Should be good to download through the manager now.
v3.1
  • Updated template to v4
  • Updated to Magisk v13.1
v3
  • Changed to now use PROPFILE
  • Updated to Magisk v12.0
v2
  • Name changed from OnePlus One (bacon) Mic Fix
  • Updated template to v3
v1
  • Initial Release

Attachments

• Android_Mic_Fix-v2.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 7,665
  • Android_Mic_Fix-v3.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 3,487
  • Android_Mic_Fix-v3.1.1.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,242
  • Android_Mic_Fix-v3.2.1.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 10,033
  • Android_Mic_Fix-v3.2.4.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 41,832
Last edited:

Johnstan725

Jan 16, 2014
OnePlus 10 Pro
Perfect I just use this and modify the build prompt. What exactly is the issue from? Is one mic dead and needs replacing thus using this work around or is it something separate to that?

Reactions: Dmxsir

Nomelas

Aug 21, 2014
This is a module for magisk. You need to flash that first before flashing this. If you found this thread somehow but don't know what magisk is, I suggest you read up on magisk first. This module modifies the build.prop so you don't need to, and persists through updates.

I'm not sure what the cause is, but it's the same or similar fix that many OPO owners have used.

Poli169

May 1, 2016
Will this also work on the oneplus 3 and oneplus 3t? I seem to have this mic issue on both 3 and 3t. Thanks.

alif1994

Apr 6, 2011
How does this work? After installing this module I checked the build.prop and it's still the same as before but somehow my mic is now working properly.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Oh that is interesting. So I won't have to modify build.prop everytime I update. Thanks for the explanation.

No worries. That's one of the beautiful selling points of Magisk... If you've clean flashed an update, all you have to do is flash the Magisk zip and your modules and voila! All your mods (build.prop, replacing system sounds, debloating apps, moving apps to system, etc) are already done as soon as you boot up! If you do a dirty update all you probably have to do is flash Magisk again since your modules will still be in /data.

RawSlugs

Oct 12, 2014
Essential Phone
OnePlus 8T
Which mic issue does this fix? I have phone/audio issues not sure if its connected.
Can't play audio sometimes as phone audio profile is active, would this fix that?

Sent from my Moto G4 Play using XDA Labs

giocchi27

Apr 9, 2015
Hi @Nomelas , I have a OPO.
I've installed the module with Magisk and then I took a look at my build.prop. Nothing seems changed, is it normal?

damac

Hi, so far I only found "it fixes mic issues". Maybe I'm being selectively blind, but could someone please state which mic issues this fixes?

I'm on HTC one M7 using the last lineage os before it was discontinued for M7, and I do suffer low mic output in calls, and the phone occasionally reboots if I switch speakerphone on during a call (weirdly only when maps is running navigation), but does this have anything to do with those "mic issues"?

Thanks, and please forgive my blindness if it's obvious!

Last edited:

Nomelas

Aug 21, 2014
Hi, so far I only found "it fixes mic issues". Maybe I'm being selectively blind, but could someone please state which mic issues this fixes?

I'm on HTC one M7 using the last lineage os before it was discontinued for M7, and I do suffer low mic output in calls, and the phone occasionally reboots if I switch speakerphone on during a call (weirdly only when maps is running navigation), but does this have anything to do with those "mic issues"?

Thanks, and please forgive my blindness if it's obvious!

yeah, test it out yourself. It fixes the low volume of your mic in calls.

Reactions: damac

Nomelas

Aug 21, 2014
I tested, but get instant reboot on initiating a call. Switching the module off in magisk made the phone behave normal again. Anything I can do to help track down the cause?

Unfortunately it's only been tested on a few devices. What device are you using?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see in your previous post: HTC one M7 using the last lineage os.

Ah so, I'm not sure what your issue is. It looks to be that because you would get reboots when switching to speakerphone in calls, this fix will only amplify that effect. Unfortunately I don't think I can be of any help to you. I'm sorry :/

I would suggest checking out the HTM M7 sub-forum for support in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: damac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    Fixes in call low volume mic issues for various Android devices.

Can also fix "Ok Google" detection.

Tested on OnePlus One running both Android 6, 7 & 8 Roms

Note: Originally designed for the OnePlus One but will work for some others. Your mileage will vary.

How it works

Uses the tool "resetprop" to modify the default values found in build.prop to:

Code:
    ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none
    persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=true  
    persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false  
    use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=true

Requirements

• Magisk v16.0 or higher

Links

Changelog

v3.2.4
    • Bump to 3.2.4
    v3.2.3
    • Updated template to v1500
    v3.2.2
    • Updated template to v1400
    v3.2.1
    • Fixed Template & cache bug
    v3.1.1
    • Fixed Magisk Manager download bug. Should be good to download through the manager now.
    v3.1
    • Updated template to v4
    • Updated to Magisk v13.1
    v3
    • Changed to now use PROPFILE
    • Updated to Magisk v12.0
    v2
    • Name changed from OnePlus One (bacon) Mic Fix
    • Updated template to v3
    v1
    • Initial Release

Oh that is interesting. So I won't have to modify build.prop everytime I update. Thanks for the explanation.

No worries. That's one of the beautiful selling points of Magisk... If you've clean flashed an update, all you have to do is flash the Magisk zip and your modules and voila! All your mods (build.prop, replacing system sounds, debloating apps, moving apps to system, etc) are already done as soon as you boot up! If you do a dirty update all you probably have to do is flash Magisk again since your modules will still be in /data.
    Invalid zip file format!
    Error installing zip file '/sdcard/MagiskManager/Android_Mic_Fix-v3.1.zip'

Same as this..
    I tried to update & it causes FC
    I tried to manually install trough magisk manager it says it's not a module..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Yes i got same error that called this is not magisk module. Version 3.1

Version 3.1 is packaged wrong. All the files and folders in the bacon-mic-fix-master folder need to be in the root of the zip.

Sorry guys, looks to be a problem with the latest magisk manger.

I've reuploaded 3.1 and it should be good now. We'll have to wait for topjohnwu to fix the manager bug before it can be downloaded from the app.
    I love you, really. This finally fixed my microphone issue on my Nexus 6P!
    oy, didn't bother checking. apparently my manual edits weren't sticking

ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none = nonspeaker phone call audio not working, no matter what the persist settings are
    ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence = google mic input/search/speechtotext not working

but fluence on and changing
    persist.audio.fluence.voicerec to false through a startup script got everything to work! for me, anyway. Thanks.