• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Module] [Canary] Module Manager

Search This thread

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
Magisk modules repo has been removed from magisk canary (v23.x) apk without an alternative solution at this point so I whipped together a term script that can replace if for the time being until a new/better solution is implemented in magisk manger.

Note that this is for canary builds (>v23) ONLY

Usage:
Code:
module_manager
You can install and update any magisk module hosted on github. If it's in the magisk modules repo, it can parse out the list for you. Otherwise, you'll need to copy/paste the module's url when prompted
for example:
Code:
https://github.com/Zackptg5/Module-Manager

Note that you have to install the module through this mod for it to be able to update it. It's a necessary limitation since there's no way for me to know the url outside of the magisk modules repo.

If you don't feel like reinstalling all of your modules, you can create a file in each module called "module_manager" and add the url of the module to it.

Source Code

Download

As noted in the thread, socials, and blog, there are no current plans to reimplement any module update back into the Manager, so I wouldn't pin any hopes on that dream. Ideally, look for a long-term option rather than planning a short-term workaround.

For those who want to bring back the old Magisk module behavior without any additional major effort or adjustments, the Fox Magisk Module Manager is another solution. The open-source app is basically the module tab from Magisk Manager with the ability to both scan for updates as well as easily install new modules.

That being said, plentiful options are some of the best parts of using Magisk. And sometimes terminal scripts will work when nothing else will, so... thanks for sharing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk modules repo has been removed from magisk canary (v23.x) apk without an alternative solution at this point so I whipped together a term script that can replace if for the time being until a new/better solution is implemented in magisk manger.

Note that this is for canary builds (>v23) ONLY

Usage:
    Code:
    module_manager
    You can install and update any magisk module hosted on github. If it's in the magisk modules repo, it can parse out the list for you. Otherwise, you'll need to copy/paste the module's url when prompted
    for example:
    Code:
    https://github.com/Zackptg5/Module-Manager

Note that you have to install the module through this mod for it to be able to update it. It's a necessary limitation since there's no way for me to know the url outside of the magisk modules repo.

If you don't feel like reinstalling all of your modules, you can create a file in each module called "module_manager" and add the url of the module to it.

Source Code

Download
    Updated with some imrovements:
    • Fix self-updating module mangager (you'll need to flash the zip update (v1.1) from my website this time, future versions will self-update
    • Allow updating of existing magisk repo modules without needing to reinstall through module manager
    As noted in the thread, socials, and blog, there are no current plans to reimplement any module update back into the Manager, so I wouldn't pin any hopes on that dream. Ideally, look for a long-term option rather than planning a short-term workaround.

For those who want to bring back the old Magisk module behavior without any additional major effort or adjustments, the Fox Magisk Module Manager is another solution. The open-source app is basically the module tab from Magisk Manager with the ability to both scan for updates as well as easily install new modules.

That being said, plentiful options are some of the best parts of using Magisk. And sometimes terminal scripts will work when nothing else will, so... thanks for sharing!