[MODULE] Fullscreen Gestures for Android 10

Search This thread

k1984228

Feb 13, 2016
Google Pixel 5
Hi guys, I got the new 8.7 update for the module. This is a great mod but for the latest one. The mod pushes the keyboard way too low and the gap is way too short now. I prefer the gap for 8.6, hopefully this option can come back for 8.8 update as it helps users choose how low they want their keyboard. Also i have tried removing + reinstalling and the gap is still too short
same hope too, btw how can i restore the gap like 8.6 i can't restore it even i re-install the 8.6 version i would like to use the downside arrow to hide the keyboard🤔

Last edited:

Calvin2394

Dec 7, 2013
Mumbai
Hey @DanGLES3 the latest zip is stuck on installation. Previous were working fine. I thought it's something to do with upgrade, so I uninstalled and retried. Still nothing.

OnePlus 5T running Pixel Experience Android 11.
Screenshot_20210123-172246.png

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
same hope too, btw how can i restore the gap like 8.6 i can't restore it even i re-install the 8.6 version i would like to use the downside arrow to hide the keyboard🤔
I managed to restore the gap like 8.6. I just removed 8.7, reboot, install 8.6 and done. But the new 8.7 update will still show up in magisk modules section. So u can just unzip 8.6 and modify the module.prop file (change version and 8.6 to 8.7) and update that zip and the 8.7 won't show up and you still have the same gap as before. I have attached 8.6 version zip with the modified 8.7 version (it's the same as 8.6 but different name and version code) and it has the same gap as 8.6

Attachments

• Fullscreen_Immersive_Gestures_(Q-R)-v8.6(22).zip
    348.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Fullscreen_Immersive_Gestures_(Q-R)-v8.7(23).zip
    349.3 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Hung0702

k1984228

Feb 13, 2016
Google Pixel 5
I managed to restore the gap like 8.6. I just removed 8.7, reboot, install 8.6 and done. But the new 8.7 update will still show up in magisk modules section. So u can just unzip 8.6 and modify the module.prop file (change version and 8.6 to 8.7) and update that zip and the 8.7 won't show up and you still have the same gap as before. I have attached 8.6 version zip with the modified 8.7 version (it's the same as 8.6 but different name and version code) and it has the same gap as 8.6
the author told me that choose fullscreen mode instead of immersive mode you may also try it

spicko94

Mar 17, 2019
Hey, I applied immersive with no pill on my pixel 5 and now the touch screen will not respond to anything, I can't even unlock the phone. Please help!

Bradford1040

• Mar 5, 2016
    West Palm Beach, FL
    i don't really like one hand operation+, but could you tell me more about those adb tricks?
    I used adb to force android 10 full screen gestures with nova launcher, worked pretty good on my Samsung device. I am now on a 1+ with LineageOS (rooted) so I don't need the adb stuff anymore

This is the code for Samsung, but there is a simular one for android

cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.threebutton

Then

cmd overlay enable com.samsung.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural_no_hint_extra_wide_back

&

cmd overlay enable com.samsung.internal.systemui.navbar.sec_gestural

I will try to find my notes, I think I had them on Samsung Note so I am going to have to look on my old phone

the_cr0w

Jan 25, 2014
    Cervia
    I used adb to force android 10 full screen gestures with nova launcher, worked pretty good on my Samsung device. I am now on a 1+ with LineageOS (rooted) so I don't need the adb stuff anymore

This is the code for Samsung, but there is a simular one for android

cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.threebutton

Then

cmd overlay enable com.samsung.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural_no_hint_extra_wide_back

&

cmd overlay enable com.samsung.internal.systemui.navbar.sec_gestural

I will try to find my notes, I think I had them on Samsung Note so I am going to have to look on my old phone

do you have a video that shows how those gestures are different from the ones i can enable in the settings?

the_cr0w

Jan 25, 2014
    Cervia
    No, I don't, but the reason I had to use it that way was because using gestures with 3rd party launchers would not allow it. So I forced it
    the reason i asked for the video is in fact that it's now possible to have gestures in 3rd party launchers, but they don't work as flawlessly as they'd do with the default one

Bradford1040

• Mar 5, 2016
    West Palm Beach, FL
    the reason i asked for the video is in fact that it's now possible to have gestures in 3rd party launchers, but they don't work as flawlessly as they'd do with the default one
    Run shell or adb wifi

Edit: I suggest starting off with status bar imersive and adding the overscan, that worked well on my Samsung device

`settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*`
    Or
    `settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*`
    Or
    `settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*`

`wm overscan 0,0,0,-118`

the -118 is subjective some use -168 others use -70 so you'll have to play around with that

If you need to undo

`settings put global policy_control null*`
    &
    `wm 0,0,0,0`

Sorry I forgot all about answering, got caught up in my own stuff lol

Last edited:

lottarake

Dec 14, 2010
    Manchester
    OnePlus 8T
    Installed and then went to revert back and uninstalled the module, but now long pressing on icons for the shortcut menu doesn't work in most cases. Any way to sort this out? Only long press option that appears is App Info.
    A11 OnePlus 8T Pixel Experience.

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
    how do you guysaccess the magisk modules section?... i have the "magisk" app only7, as they have merged this with the manager,
    i cant find the modules section anywhere.

device is samsung galaxy a510F with lineage os 17.1

also i tried installing this via twrp, and it did install i htink, but i see no option for this on the volume menu
    If Magisk is correctly installed this bottom menu should show up, there you tap the puzzle piece icon to go to the module section

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-150912_Magisk.png
      Screenshot_20210417-150912_Magisk.png
      126.5 KB · Views: 9
    If Magisk is correctly installed this bottom menu should show up, there you tap the puzzle piece icon to go to the module section
    i do not have any of those bottom icons... my screen looks like this, i installed through twrp, as well as the apk, ifi rememebr correctly.. by renaming the extension to zip and then to apk

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-17 234451.png
      Screenshot 2021-04-17 234451.png
      137.4 KB · Views: 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      considering your Magisk doesn't seem to be correctly installed an install through TWRP would be recommended (and considering Magisk can't find itself it would likely wouldn't allow you to update it through the app)
      hey, i did this, and it all seems to be working now thank you so much <3
      Hi!
      This module causes lag with long swithing modes (4...4 seconds) on latest versions of Google Camera (8.1.xxx, 8.2.xxx).
      https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/k05pny Is there a workaround for this problem? I understand that the problem is in the camera, but can anyone know how to solve it?
      oEMa4xI.png

This Magisk module allows for fullscreen gestures on Android 10. Both the navbar and pill will be hidden in order to maximize screen space.

Requirements
      - Android 10 (Android 11 support is untested atm)
      - Magisk 20+

Installation
      1. Flash this module.
      2. Reboot.
      3. Enjoy!

Links
      - [GitHub](https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/HideNavBar)
      - [Telegram](https://t.me/DanGLES3)

Disclaimer
      - This module won't work on devices running MIUI

Changelog
      v8.7
      - Disable the Gboard spacing some Android 11 ROMs were using by default (users are still free to change/reenable the spacing with Rboard as I've made sure my code won't overlap with it)
      v8.6
      - Properly fix install logic for Android 11 and 10 (should work properly now, i hope)
      v8.5
      - Fix unreliable Android 11 install by falling back to the old install logic until a proper fix can be found
      v8.4
      - Fixed an issue where hide pill was being installed regardless of user preference
      - Cleaner install code
      v8.3
      - Remove Android 11 specific overlays (no longer necessary as the standard ones work just fine on 11)
      - Clean up install code even more
      v8.2
      - Fix immersive sensitivity options
      - Clean up installer code significantly

(if you notice any issues on Android 11 due to the new install logic report to me immediatelly)
      v8.1
      Fix Immersive+default sensitivity not getting properly installed
      v8.0
      - Allow changing gesture sensitivity (for users who may prefer Android's default gesture sensitivity)
      v7.2
      - Fix fullscreen gestures installation (apologies for the inconvenience)
      v7.1
      - Added new options during install

Small keyboard bar (for immersive mode): Allows you to have less spacing underneath the keyboard

Hide Pill (for immersive mode): Allows you to have a near fullscreen experience while still keeping the spacing underneath the keyboard

v7.0
      - Switch to the MMT-EX template and added immersive gestures by [samchugit](https://github.com/samchugit/Immersive_Gestural_Nav_Bar) as an option
      v6.7
      - Fix gesture option disappearing on later Android 11 builds
      v6.6
      - Hotfix for Android 11 beta
      v6.5
      - Lowered gesture area to 18dp to reduce conflicts with apps
      v6.4
      - Fix Android 11 support
      v6.2
      - Add support for Android 11/R (untested as Magisk isn't avaliable for Android R yet)
      v6.1
      - Block installation on MIUI as it's incompatible with the module
      v6.0
      - Added support for ROMs that use /vendor/overlays for their gesture overlays
      v5.0
      - Update to the latest Magisk module template and some minor clean ups in the code
      v4.0
      - Hopefully fixed the issue that made so uninstalling the module made gestures completely unavailable on some ROMs
      v3.0
      - Reduced conflict with some apps (like Gboard) by slightly lowering the gesture trigger area
      v2.0
      - Hide gesture bar correctly in landscape
      v1.0
      - Initial release
      It seems that it crashes the process required for gesture navigation, resulting in gesture navigation becoming unavailable in the latest 11 DP 3.
      Here is a zip file of a bunch of overlays that include maybe more than what you need. They have different names so I took an educated guess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VnvrBv-Yqe1nIRpESScGhvwmmkor3xR/view?usp=drivesdk

try this, i've rebuilt the main gesture overlay targeting Android 11, worked for a friend of mine

R seems to enforce signature scheme V2 on its system apks, which is likely why my old overlay wasn't working (as they were signed with a testkey)
      Ok, i've pushed an update on the Magisk Repo that should have fixed the Android 11 compatiblity issue, also i've tweaked the install script to accommodate both Q and R in a single zip
      Thank you! Just upgraded my Oneplus 5T and most of the solutions out there aren't ideal or just don't work. This seems perfect to get rid of the gap below the keyboard.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone