[MODULE] Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures tweaks for Android 10-12

Search This thread

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
@DanGLES3 hm or in other words: your releases here a somewhat like a test for you, and only after not detecting issues here, you then publish the latest stable version also on GitHub?

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
@DanGLES3 hm or in other words: your releases here a somewhat like a test for you, and only after not detecting issues here, you then publish the latest stable version also on GitHub?
Not really, tbh this is usually the last place i post updates, partially due to testing on Telegram groups and my overall bad memory, I'll probably push an update everywhere on a day or two

Reactions: duttyend

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
@DanGLES3 OK gotcha.

Hey, since you're online right now: on my Samsung (see signature) I get:

Code:
Volume key not detected

on both keys no matter how often I click, and even if I ahve already pressed a vol key down when installing your module.

But needless to say the volume keys work, even in recovery and fastboot mode.

Tried latest stable Magisk 24.3 and also the two latest Canary builds
Also tried your app v.13 and v.16

Are you aware of any incompatibility with my type of model?

Also while looking for a solution I found https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-volume-key-selection-in-flashable-zip.3773410/

Not sure though if his findings are of any help here.

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
@DanGLES3 OK gotcha.

Hey, since you're online right now: on my Samsung (see signature) I get:

Code:
Volume key not detected

on both keys no matter how often I click, and even if I ahve already pressed a vol key down when installing your module.

But needless to say the volume keys work, even in recovery and fastboot mode.

Tried latest stable Magisk 24.3 and also the two latest Canary builds
Also tried your app v.13 and v.16

Are you aware of any incompatibility with my type of model?

Also while looking for a solution I found https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-volume-key-selection-in-flashable-zip.3773410/

Not sure though if his findings are of any help here.
Yes, I'm totally aware tho that's sadly outside my control as the volume button detection is made by a third party, and even other developers that use said volume selector haven't found a way to fix the issue themselves atm

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
@DanGLES3 I see. I searched both this thread and your GitHub issues (open and closed) for the term "detected", but since it didn't produce any result I thought I'm the first.

Oh well. Where would that need to be fixed in this case - in the Magisk app?

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
@DanGLES3 I see. I searched both this thread and your GitHub issues (open and closed) for the term "detected", but since it didn't produce any result I thought I'm the first.

Oh well. Where would that need to be fixed in this case - in the Magisk app?
It's not exactly an issue with Magisk itself afaik but rather a lack of compatibility from current volume selector implementations, if you can find a module with a working volume selector on your device I'll gladly take a look

NapsterX

May 22, 2011
Msk
Hi, I think I found some bag on OnePlus 10 Pro Oxygen OS 12.1 A.13 (EU) with Magisk v24314 root. When I activate the "Immersive-Gestures-(QT)_v16.1_(46)" module, after reboot I don't have Android System WebView (and cant choose it in Developer settings- Service WebView) and some apps don't work. If I deactivate this module - everything is fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel021

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013
@DanGLES3

I love you, this module works perfectly.

Please find a way to wait for input instead of the "no key registered" message pop up. It's giving me anxiety trying to read the text to figure out which option I want lol

Thanks for this beauty module!

Edit: After some more time, I've noticed the home and recents gestures both work from the bottom. Can we please have an option to disable those as well?

Last edited:

Markelijk

Sep 5, 2015
Hi, I love this module. However, where v12 fixed the gcam lag, all the versions after v12 (like v13-v16) still does have the gcam lag when switching from normal to portrait mode for example. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Hi, I love this module. However, where v12 fixed the gcam lag, all the versions after v12 (like v13-v16) still does have the gcam lag when switching from normal to portrait mode for example. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance!
The solution is withing the module disclaimer, you'll need to use the terminal configuration tool

Apologies for the delay

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
@DanGLES3

Please find a way to wait for input instead of the "no key registered" message pop up. It's giving me anxiety trying to read the text to figure out which option I want lol

Edit: After some more time, I've noticed the home and recents gestures both work from the bottom. Can we please have an option to disable those as well?
My module isn't inherently desgined to disable gestures, however if you're on the latest version (17.0) you can use the termina config tool to set the gesture height/sensitivity to 0 which should disable the bottom gestures

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Heads up that now module updates will be solely released on the Magisk Alternative Repo, you'll need Fox Module Manager to download the module, this is being done to better allow updates to be released everywhere without the need for posting them in multiple different places

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey cool it works great! Maybe one day the pill will be gone too lol

Thank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank you and good luck!
    Hopefully ASUS one day gets their stuff together (hopefully on Android 13)

It's either that or me figuring out how to program so i can make an Xposed module (I'll study the feasibility of that) to override this behavior or find a way to mod the system APK without everything collapsing in on itself due to a signature mismatch

Either way, thanks for liking my module
    Oh I uninstalled it because it wasnt working as I expected, I reinstalled it (gestures not working) and now It obviously finds that binary thanks.

have any recommended values for my asus rog 6. (for just the keyboard arrow since pill wont work) I'm at What NavBar height: and im a little confused what to even enter :D

Thanks so much by the way I really really really love this module on all my devices. SO MUCH
    Also, happy to help as much as I can, your bug reports are always welcome
    Oh I uninstalled it because it wasnt working as I expected, I reinstalled it (gestures not working) and now It obviously finds that binary thanks.

have any recommended values for my asus rog 6. (for just the keyboard arrow since pill wont work) I'm at What NavBar height: and im a little confused what to even enter :D

Thanks so much by the way I really really really love this module on all my devices. SO MUCH
    18.0 for the navigation bar, 48.0 for the keyboard bar (you can lower it if you want), about 18 or 32 for the gesture height
    @DanGLES3

My module isn't inherently desgined to disable gestures, however if you're on the latest version (17.0) you can use the termina config tool to set the gesture height/sensitivity to 0 which should disable the bottom gestures

Heads up that now module updates will be solely released on the Magisk Alternative Repo, you'll need Fox Module Manager to download the module, this is being done to better allow updates to be released everywhere without the need for posting them in multiple different places

oEMa4xI.png

This Magisk Module lets you tweak Android 10-13's gestures.

Requirements
    - Android 10-13
    - Magisk 20+

Installation
    1. Flash this module.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Enjoy!

Terminal Setup
    Run on a terminal app the following command su -c hn

Download
    To install the module simply search it on Fox's Module Manager

Links
    - [GitHub](https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Alt-Repo/HideNavBar)
    - [Telegram](https://t.me/dnmgsk)
    - [Module Manager](https://github.com/Fox2Code/FoxMagiskModuleManager/releases)

Translation​

If you wish to have the installer translated to your language send me a text file containing all lines (inside ui_print in common/install.sh) either on Github or my Email

Disclaimer
    • This module won't disable the navbar, so if you want to use Fluid NG on Android 11-12 then this module isn't for you
    • Any option not working is due to incompatibility with your current ROM (there's little i can do about it)
    • Any issues related to GCam after installing the module are outside my control
    • Automatic navbar coloring doesn't work on Android 11+

Changelog

v19.0​

• Reworked Terminal config tool (su -c hn), should avoid issues related to zipsigner
    • Properly support Rboard Theme Manager v3 to avoid conflicts

v18.0​

• Added Samsung A12 support

v17.0​

• Proper MIUI detection/install logic (should provide compatibility to MIUI based on Android 10, not tested)

v16.4​

• Removed unnecessary waiting during module install

v16.3​

• Added Fox Manager Extension support (support link shortcut when installing the module)
    • Try and improve the volume selector delay a bit

v16.1​

• Fix the Terminal Config tool

v16.0​

• Proper MIUI 13 support

v15.0​

• Added MIUI support (confirmed working on MIUI 13)
    • Fixed Terminal Script not working on devices with pseudo/fake xbin folders

v14.0​

• Fixed miscelaneous error messages
    • Fixed Terminal config tool on Android 13 (Google's fault this time lol)
    • Tablet support (it works inconsisntently)

v13.0​

• Full AAPT rewrite
    • Added terminal config tool for changing each navbar parameter (To use it run the following on a terminal app su -c hn)

v12.0​

• Fixed the Gcam lag when switching modes

v11.0​

• Preemptive Android 13 support (untested)

v10.0​

• Added Support for Android 12L, and thank you all very much for your support over these 2 years of development

v9.9​

• Allow hiding the buttons underneath the keyboard in Immersive mode

v9.8​

• Fix Rboard checking for the keyboard spacing removal feature (apologies to RKBDI for the troubles)

V9.7​

• Automatically removes conflicting overlays during install (AKA some theme modules that include gesture overlays for no reason at all)

v9.6​

• More reliable language detection (should prevent issues where the installer shows no text)

v9.5​

• Added support for translations in the installer (currently included languages are English, Portuguese and Spanish)

v9.4​

• Allow disabling back gesture also on Android 10 (due to way A10 handles the back gesture it's only possible to disable them completely and on fullscreen mode only, if you have Xposed on A10 and wishes to disable only the left back gesture use this Xposed module https://github.com/kuba2k2/NoLeftBackGesture/releases/tag/v1.0)

v9.3-hotfix​

• Fix install (sorry for the inconvenience)

v9.3​

• Updated Volume selector (from MMT-EX), should resolve install issues on some devices
    • Increased the timeout to 10s to give users time to read the options

v9.2​

• Reenable back gestures on NO (on the whether to disable back gestures or not) option

v9.1​

• Reenable back gesture on uninstall (if user is unable to change the device's back gesture sensitivy from settings)

v9.0​

• Allow disabling back gesture on A11-12 (Left only for side menus and Left & Right for gesture apps)

v8.8​

• Update MAXAPI to 31 to support the eventual stable A12 release

v8.7​

• Update Volume selector
    • Revised install logic
    • Disable the Gboard spacing some Android 11 ROMs were using by default (users are still free to change/reenable the spacing with Rboard as I've made sure my code won't overlap with it)

v8.6​

• Fix and go back to using the new install logic on Android 11

v8.5​

• Revert to old install logic on Android 11 (attempts to bug fix module not installing correctly on some devices)

v8.4​

• Fixed an issue that was causing hide pill to be installed regardless of user preference
    • Cleaner install code (again)

v8.3​

• Remove Android 11 specific overlays (no longer necessary as the standard ones work just fine on 11)
    • Clean up install code even more

v8.2​

• Fix immersive sensitivity options
    • Clean up installer code significantly
    (if you notice any issues on Android 11 due to the new install logic report to me immediatelly)

v8.1​

• Fix for Immersive+default sensitivity not getting properly installed

v8.0​

• Allow changing gesture sensitivity (for users who may prefer Android's default gesture sensitivity)

v7.2​

• Fix fullscreen gestures installation (apologies for the inconvenience)

v7.1​

• Added new options during install
    • Small keyboard bar (for immersive mode): Allows you to have less spacing underneath the keyboard
    • Hide Pill (for immersive mode): Allows you to have a near fullscreen experience while still keeping the spacing underneath the keyboard

v7.0​

• Switch to the MMT-EX template and added immersive gestures by samchugit as an option

Older changelogs can be found here

Does this work on Android 12L? Nevermind, the attachment uploaded on OP is outdated, download it from GitHub instead.
    I'm very sorry for that ngl, i often forget i have an thread on XDA (my memory just sucks) oopsie
    Here is a zip file of a bunch of overlays that include maybe more than what you need. They have different names so I took an educated guess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VnvrBv-Yqe1nIRpESScGhvwmmkor3xR/view?usp=drivesdk

try this, i've rebuilt the main gesture overlay targeting Android 11, worked for a friend of mine

R seems to enforce signature scheme V2 on its system apks, which is likely why my old overlay wasn't working (as they were signed with a testkey)
    Ok, i've pushed an update on the Magisk Repo that should have fixed the Android 11 compatiblity issue, also i've tweaked the install script to accommodate both Q and R in a single zip
    Update 13.0 released, I'm very sorry for not updating this thread in awhile, i promise to not let his happen again

• Full AAPT rewrite
    • Added terminal config tool for changing each navbar parameter (To use it run the following on a terminal app su -c hn)