• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MODULE] Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures tweaks for Android 10-12

Search This thread

shrapner

Jan 25, 2013
Would it be possible to add an option to hide the navbar on A11 so we could use third party gestures app without interference from the stock gestures?

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Would it be possible to add an option to hide the navbar on A11 so we could use third party gestures app without interference from the stock gestures?
That would go beyond the scope of my module, not only that but I also can't find a way to cleanly implement that in my current installer

BTslo

Jul 1, 2012
Is it possible to have the keyboard space if using the fullscreen setup? I can't hide the keyboard since there is no arrow to close the keyboard when using the fullscreen. Immersive works okay but still get the annoying assistant corner gesture bar on pixel 3.

RivaLCF

Mar 21, 2017
Just tested it on LineageOS 17.1 on a Mi 9T, running Lawnchair + Quickswitch

It stays stuck on ''flashing'' popup in the Magisk module installation panel. Doesn't finish.

nonoperez

Nov 22, 2012
Latest version I see to download is 6.4 in the first post, where can I find 7.2?
Can`t find it in github, also look in telegram but it's dev's personal one.

Edit: Sorry, autoupdates in magisk.

channeledbymodem

Jan 14, 2013
New York
OnePlus 7T
Solved my biggest problem with gestures but I don't understand it :)

Tl;dr: This solved my problem with swipe up and hold for recents but I don't know why and I'm curious. And grateful.

When I upgraded from a Oneplus 6 to Oneplus 7T I didn't realize that I would lose the OP gestures that were burned into my muscle memory. My biggest problem with the stock gestures on stock OOS was that the fric*kin* sweep up for recents *did not work* more than 50% of the time. I thought it might be Nova or my hiding the bottom bar but swipe up and hold didn't work any better with OOS stock launcher or Lawnchair.

I'm pretty used to Magisk installs with a number options that are activated by the volume key but I didn't understand the options I was choosing and some of them were covered by the "Flashing" animation in the center of the screen. I just chose "no" suspecting it was the default.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. Apart from the swipe in for back rather than swipe up of the OP gestures I now have a reliable home and recents gesture. This is on the latest OOS stable International with the latest Nova beta. I have had no issues that seem specific to OP or to Nova, fingers crossed.

So thanks again. And any explanation of what this does and how it solved my problem is welcome.

[email protected]

May 22, 2018
Pill Restoration

First off, thanks so much for the work that's been put in! :good:
I have been using this module on my P2XL on LOS 17.1 and have had an issue after flashing the fullscreen mod that I can no longer disable this module and get the pill back as some messaging apps conflict with this (pulse sms conversations scroll to top of messages when opening keyboard on first launch of app, very strange). Have latest magisk 21.0 installed and I do not have any other UI modifying modules running

If I have missed something I apologize and would appreciate a tip in the right direction

zellleonhart

Jan 19, 2013
Tl;dr: This solved my problem with swipe up and hold for recents but I don't know why and I'm curious. And grateful.

When I upgraded from a Oneplus 6 to Oneplus 7T I didn't realize that I would lose the OP gestures that were burned into my muscle memory. My biggest problem with the stock gestures on stock OOS was that the fric*kin* sweep up for recents *did not work* more than 50% of the time. I thought it might be Nova or my hiding the bottom bar but swipe up and hold didn't work any better with OOS stock launcher or Lawnchair.

I'm pretty used to Magisk installs with a number options that are activated by the volume key but I didn't understand the options I was choosing and some of them were covered by the "Flashing" animation in the center of the screen. I just chose "no" suspecting it was the default.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. Apart from the swipe in for back rather than swipe up of the OP gestures I now have a reliable home and recents gesture. This is on the latest OOS stable International with the latest Nova beta. I have had no issues that seem specific to OP or to Nova, fingers crossed.

So thanks again. And any explanation of what this does and how it solved my problem is welcome.
Hi, I am too frustrated with OnePlus' stock navigation gestures especially swipe up for recents. May I know which settings did you use for this module? Is it Fullscreen and High sensitivity?

channeledbymodem

Jan 14, 2013
New York
OnePlus 7T
Hi, I am too frustrated with OnePlus' stock navigation gestures especially swipe up for recents. May I know which settings did you use for this module? Is it Fullscreen and High sensitivity?

I spoke too soon. With this module I still have inconsistent swipe to recents so I uninstalled it and I can't tell the difference. As for the settings, some of the options were covered by Magisk's "Flashing" animation so I chose what I think were the defaults. Sorry I can't be of more help. I still don't understand the purpose of this. I guess on phones that don't have an option to disable the navigation bar, this does that. But OOS 10 includes that toggle so maybe this is not useful for OP phones in particular.

Tenasan

Oct 3, 2020
I just can't thank you guys enough. I'm using an Android tablet and was so sick of that freaking "swipe up from bottom gesture". Whenever I scrolled down the page with my finger it always would go to goddamn homepage -accidentally-. This module reduces the sensitivity to almost 0 and i can use my tablet much more conveniently.

giusmobile

Oct 3, 2011
Hi, I have two questions if anybody can help:
Does this module works on oneplus 8 with android 11 official? rooted...
After the nav bar is gone does this module aloud me to use a gesture app like VIVIV N.G. or it gets overlapped by native gesture setted in the firmware? at the moment if I simply chose to hide nav bar and use ONEPLUS native gesture, any gesture app that I've tried gets overlap by the System. thank a lot!

DanGLES3

Nov 11, 2017
Hi, I have two questions if anybody can help:
Does this module works on oneplus 8 with android 11 official? rooted...
After the nav bar is gone does this module aloud me to use a gesture app like VIVIV N.G. or it gets overlapped by native gesture setted in the firmware? at the moment if I simply chose to hide nav bar and use ONEPLUS native gesture, any gesture app that I've tried gets overlap by the System. thank a lot!
Should work on OOS 11 and no this module is simply to change Android's default gestures to be fullscreen, it doesn't allow you to use other gesture apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured it might be. I went poking around the GitHub and noticed everything is pre-compiled. I wouldn't worry about it unless you get a ton of requests for the feature AND you actually feel like doing it. I work on a couple open source projects and know just how demanding people can be. Lol

Really? That's incredible if you want to! Otherwise, I will definitely adapt and survive. I don't quite remember but I think I was using something like 8 or 10 with fng. Basically I like it so that I have to essentially swipe from off screen to even activate it.

I've just been using full screen with both back gestures active.
    Also I do feel like trying to learn something new, if it's going to make my module better then I don't see why not
    Here, I've edited the Fullscreen, low sensitivity overlays, be sure to tell me if it works for you, i haven't touched these overlays in ages (as Android seems to be sensitive with those)

If it doesn't work be sure to tell me, these overlays are finicky af specially on Android 11
    Oh man! It works perfectly so far. Thank you so much. 🥲
    oEMa4xI.png

This Magisk Module lets you tweak Android 10-12's gestures.

Requirements
    - Android 10-12
    - Magisk 20+

Installation
    1. Flash this module.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Enjoy!

Links
    - [GitHub](https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/HideNavBar)
    - [Telegram](https://t.me/DanGLES3)

Disclaimer
    - This module won't work on devices running MIUI

Changelog
    v9.2
    Reenable back gestures on NO (on the whether to disable back gestures or not) option
    v9.0
    Allow disabling back gesture on A11-12 (Left only for side menus and Left & Right for gesture apps)
    v8.8
    Update MAXAPI to 31 to support the eventual stable A12 release
    v8.7
    - Disable the Gboard spacing some Android 11 ROMs were using by default (users are still free to change/reenable the spacing with Rboard as I've made sure my code won't overlap with it)
    v8.6
    - Properly fix install logic for Android 11 and 10 (should work properly now, i hope)
    v8.5
    - Fix unreliable Android 11 install by falling back to the old install logic until a proper fix can be found
    v8.4
    - Fixed an issue where hide pill was being installed regardless of user preference
    - Cleaner install code
    v8.3
    - Remove Android 11 specific overlays (no longer necessary as the standard ones work just fine on 11)
    - Clean up install code even more
    v8.2
    - Fix immersive sensitivity options
    - Clean up installer code significantly

(if you notice any issues on Android 11 due to the new install logic report to me immediatelly)
    v8.1
    Fix Immersive+default sensitivity not getting properly installed
    v8.0
    - Allow changing gesture sensitivity (for users who may prefer Android's default gesture sensitivity)
    v7.2
    - Fix fullscreen gestures installation (apologies for the inconvenience)
    v7.1
    - Added new options during install

Small keyboard bar (for immersive mode): Allows you to have less spacing underneath the keyboard

Hide Pill (for immersive mode): Allows you to have a near fullscreen experience while still keeping the spacing underneath the keyboard

v7.0
    - Switch to the MMT-EX template and added immersive gestures by [samchugit](https://github.com/samchugit/Immersive_Gestural_Nav_Bar) as an option
    v6.7
    - Fix gesture option disappearing on later Android 11 builds
    v6.6
    - Hotfix for Android 11 beta
    v6.5
    - Lowered gesture area to 18dp to reduce conflicts with apps
    v6.4
    - Fix Android 11 support
    v6.2
    - Add support for Android 11/R (untested as Magisk isn't avaliable for Android R yet)
    v6.1
    - Block installation on MIUI as it's incompatible with the module
    v6.0
    - Added support for ROMs that use /vendor/overlays for their gesture overlays
    v5.0
    - Update to the latest Magisk module template and some minor clean ups in the code
    v4.0
    - Hopefully fixed the issue that made so uninstalling the module made gestures completely unavailable on some ROMs
    v3.0
    - Reduced conflict with some apps (like Gboard) by slightly lowering the gesture trigger area
    v2.0
    - Hide gesture bar correctly in landscape
    v1.0
    - Initial release
    It seems that it crashes the process required for gesture navigation, resulting in gesture navigation becoming unavailable in the latest 11 DP 3.
    Here is a zip file of a bunch of overlays that include maybe more than what you need. They have different names so I took an educated guess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VnvrBv-Yqe1nIRpESScGhvwmmkor3xR/view?usp=drivesdk

try this, i've rebuilt the main gesture overlay targeting Android 11, worked for a friend of mine

R seems to enforce signature scheme V2 on its system apks, which is likely why my old overlay wasn't working (as they were signed with a testkey)
    Ok, i've pushed an update on the Magisk Repo that should have fixed the Android 11 compatiblity issue, also i've tweaked the install script to accommodate both Q and R in a single zip
    Thank you! Just upgraded my Oneplus 5T and most of the solutions out there aren't ideal or just don't work. This seems perfect to get rid of the gap below the keyboard.