[MODULE] Google Assistant Enabler for Magisk v9/v10/v11

Search This thread

jaysonic88

Mar 21, 2016
Brentwood
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
This module enables Google Assistant on Nougat phones/tablets.

If you have Marshmallow/Nougat device you may no longer need this module after Google rolls out Google Assistant to all eligible devices. Find out more at https://blog.google/products/assistant/google-assistant-coming-to-more-android-phones/

Version 10.0.2 no longer changes phone model/manufacturer and requires Magisk 10 (thanks @candiesdoodle for investigation). Magisk 9 users can download the legacy 10.0.1 version which is the latest version which doesn't use Magisk 10-introduced features and also it still changes the phone model/manufacturer.

Make sure to check the README at GitHub for instructions/requirements/links.

NOW IN OFFICIAL MAGISK REPO!

According to this, you don't need this module if you're using Open Gapps.

With the latest update (3 hours ago for me) Google Assistant stopped working and crashes when opened. Although my phone supposedly already supports GA, it's not the full featured one--hence my need for the module. I'm using the LG V20 on T-mob using the latest Magisk 14.

Any help is appreciated.

jaysonic88

Mar 21, 2016
Brentwood
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
With the latest update (3 hours ago for me) Google Assistant stopped working and crashes when opened. Although my phone supposedly already supports GA, it's not the full featured one--hence my need for the module. I'm using the LG V20 on T-mob using the latest Magisk 14.

Any help is appreciated.

Disregard as i figured this out. By going through the latest release notes on the Google app that was updated i noticed there were UI changes. These were conflicting with the substratum overlays i had for the Google app. Anyone else who runs into crash issues with Google Assistant should check this if they use Substratum.

Reactions: sqlpro

k8500

Can you maybe also make a Google Assistant Disabler? I had Assistant on my Nexus 6 and now on my Mi A1, and I'm honestly annoyed to hell and back with it and want my Now on Tap back (which is, at least in my personal opinion, much more useful).

jam3972

Sep 29, 2010
For anyone curious:
The new Google Pixel buds "live translate" feature is artificially limited to only Pixel and Pixel 2 models.

This sounded pretty familiar to the whole google assistant fiasco so thought I would try this module with the system.prop model changes added back in, sure enough on my Nexus 6p with the 8.1 Developer preview 1 that's all it took to get live translate enabled. Same old google tricks.
@stangri really appreciate your work on this module! Any plans of updating this for pixel buds live translate support?

Cpanel10x

Dec 9, 2017
This module does not enable assistant google in Spanish language. I understand that xposed way does it. Someone can tell me how I can achieve it. Using OnePlus 3 T beta v14, Magisk 14

I got assistant with my lang (VI-vn) and she still talk vietnamese at 6 month ago by xposed modules with Force Language option. But now i cant get it again

Abboz

Aug 8, 2011
Russi
Can You update for Android Oreo 8.1?
I tried module in magisk 15.2, but didn't work on my Nexus 6p!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

HubrisRev5

Oct 27, 2015
any chance a similar module can be made to enable "trusted voice" for google assistant? It seems to require something higher than Nexus 6.

esgie

Feb 17, 2013

Any help is appreciated.
The latest version contained corrupted xml files.
Reported it via github issue, hope dev will fix soon.

beckno

Jan 7, 2018
This module is gone. however, it was functional on an old device with low RAM. Could anyone post download link?

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
This module is gone. however, it was functional on an old device with low RAM. Could anyone post download link?

You can download the source and repackage it into a module zip, but it won't install on any Magisk version past v16.3. Or use a boot script to just change the one prop that the module does. It would look like this:
Code:
resetprop ro.opa.eligible_device true
Or you could use MagiskHide Props Config (custom prop option) to set the above prop (ro.opa.eligible_device) to true.

Reactions: Malethra

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Hi,

I was reading about the "OK Google" fix in Posts #4-#9, since that function (switch) won't enable for that either in Nougat 7.0 and it's driving me nuts!

Of course now I'm running Magisk 20.3 and don't know how to get it working when the Assistant app isn't open, so I can go hands free while driving.

Does anyone know of another way to fix this? Another Mod? I've tried everything that I can think of trying.

Thanks;

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This module enables Google Assistant on Nougat phones/tablets.

If you have Marshmallow/Nougat device you may no longer need this module after Google rolls out Google Assistant to all eligible devices. Find out more at https://blog.google/products/assistant/google-assistant-coming-to-more-android-phones/

Version 10.0.2 no longer changes phone model/manufacturer and requires Magisk 10 (thanks @candiesdoodle for investigation). Magisk 9 users can download the legacy 10.0.1 version which is the latest version which doesn't use Magisk 10-introduced features and also it still changes the phone model/manufacturer.

Make sure to check the README at GitHub for instructions/requirements/links.

NOW IN OFFICIAL MAGISK REPO!

According to this, you don't need this module if you're using Open Gapps.
    I see you made some resetprop changes. Is this all that's required to run Google Assistant?

Does the Xposed module of similar description do the same?

Yes it is .
    Will this fix the settings in the google app for "okay google" detection? I flashed v1 of the module and now those settings are greyed out/I'm unable to say "Ok google" and activate it from the home screen (or any other screen)

Edit: Flashing v2 didn't fix. I'm going to clear app data and see if that does it

Edit 2: Clearing app data didn't fix it. Any ideas?
    Try these steps:
    1. Disable the module
    2. Reboot
    3. In the Google Now setup voice model/OK Google from any screen
    4. Enable the module
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. In recovery, wipe cache and dalvik/cache
    7. Reboot
    8. You should have google assistant working.

Only issue I have noticed with this.. When enabled, HDR+ mode is no longer available on nexus 6p. Disable this mod and HDR+ shows up again. Any way around it?
    No clue, I'm guessing HDR+ probably depends on specific prop which my module overrides in order to enable Assistant.
    That will leave this:
    /data/magisk/resetprop ro.opa.eligible_device true
    Thanks man, I'll try the same on Nexus 6 to see if it works.

If anyone wants to test the module with just this setting (without messing up model/manufacturer), try the module attached.
    Okay I think this works.
    Within the module zip, before installing, comment out the following lines in post-fs-data.sh

#/data/magisk/resetprop ro.product.model "Pixel XL"
    #/data/magisk/resetprop ro.product.manufacturer Google

That will leave this:
    /data/magisk/resetprop ro.opa.eligible_device true

Install and reboot. Worked for me on OP3 (OB10) even without clearing any cache. As said by others this probably works because the latest Google app (beta) supports it without the product properties. Hotword and voice train also works.
    @stangri sorry if I modded your module without permission and posted it here. Lmk if i should remove it.