• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE][Magisk 17+] Volume Steps Extender

Search This thread

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
Does this just change the media and call volume steps? Or does it also affect the ringtone & notification steps? I'm currently on PE10 and only get 7 steps which is not enough for me.

EDIT - Just tried...it only changes media and call volume. Would really like know how to increase ringtone & notification volume steps.

Last edited:

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
Does this just change the media and call volume steps? Or does it also affect the ringtone & notification steps? I'm currently on PE10 and only get 7 steps which is not enough for me.

EDIT - Just tried...it only changes media and call volume. Would really like know how to increase ringtone & notification volume steps.

You can see the available props here: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...om/android/server/audio/AudioService.java#662
ro.config.*steps - sets the desired number of steps for stream
ro.config.*default - sets the default volume on first boot

PS: This is an AudioService class for Android Q

LoaderFabi

You can see the available props here: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...om/android/server/audio/AudioService.java#662
ro.config.*steps - sets the desired number of steps for stream
ro.config.*default - sets the default volume on first boot

PS: This is an AudioService class for Android Q

seeing this I think I could update the modules with more stuff when I get a new phone

Done with the Update, tested on my Devices successfully - Updated OP already.

Reactions: z3DD3r

Cris_1612

Oct 4, 2013
Hi. I couldn't flash the zip file. Can u help me to fix that? Im using Magisk 20.4 on OxygenOS 10. Thank u.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-034753.jpg
    Screenshot_20200328-034753.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Cris_1612

Oct 4, 2013
Sorry for the duplicate post. I couldn't edit the picture. Here is the right picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-041950.jpg
    Screenshot_20200328-041950.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

LoaderFabi

No it just showed up the error like the picture above. Yeah i tried again and the original file worked. However, it did not work when i edited the system.prop. I used code editor in MiXplorer to edit the file. Is there anything wrong here?

I guess its using the wrong line-endings.
Use try with Notepad++ and select Linux Line Endings

kusti420

Mar 3, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S4
the amount of volume steps indeed went up, but how can i fix the issue of AOSP roms allowing the volume to be changed only by the increments of 7/100 or so. It still technically has 15 volume steps, whenever it goes past that it drops back to zero and so on
i personally dont care about having 100 volume steps necessarily but i wish the system would allow the volume to be changed by the increments of 1/100

TLDR: Volume steps changed on the volume slider but not on the system level

Last edited:

tftcamilo

Aug 20, 2013
I installed the version of the post, first page. 30 steps. (Miui 11 Android 10) Works 30 steps, but goes from 1 to 15 and after 15 to 16 it starts as if it were 1 to 15 again. In other words, there are 30 steps, but there were 15 and 15. Any solutions? (I'm sorry for my english)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated the Module.
    Moved the new one to GitHub. https://github.com/Fabl0s/VolumeStepsExtender

Moved from the old Magisk-Template to the newer MMT-Ex Template and now contains 4 values for build.prop:

Code:
    ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=30
    ro.config.media_vol_steps=30
    ro.config.alarm_vol_steps=30
    ro.config.system_vol_steps=30

Notification-Steps are still not changed by any build.prop value I can find, maybe you can find something helpful.
    I won't create multiple Modules with own Setp-numbers again.
    Just change those numbers mentioned above, 30, 60 and 100 were tested with the old Modules and should work with the new module too.

Tested on my Nokia 8 with Android 9 and my ASUS Zenfone 6 with Andoird 10 (Both Stock ROM, Magisk 20.3 Stable)
    No support for OEM-Roms.
    Lineage should work, can't test it yet tho.

Old Post:

Hi there,

A Simple Magisk Module to Increase the Volume Steps of any ROM with stock AudioService.jar by adding 3 entries to the build.prop!

Prop Entries:
    ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=XX
    ro.config.media_vol_steps=XX
    audio.safemedia.bypass=true

Depending on Zip, you get either 30, 60 or 100 Steps for MediaVol. InCallVol is set to 14 in all Zips, change it youself if you want another value. (common/system.prop in the Zip)
    Bypass Safemedia should disable the Loud Volume Warning on European Devices (Don't Quote me on that tho)

IT WON'T WORK WITH ANY STOCK SAMSUNG DEVICE AND I CAN'T CHANGE THAT!
    SAME GOES FOR ANY OEM WHO CHANGES ANDROIDS AudioFramework.jar!!!

Until now, it seems like Lineage 15.1 doesn't work either.
    Maybe other versions too.

T17 is for Magisk 17 and 18
    T19 is for Magisk 18 and 19+

If you need this for Magisk 16 or earlier, take a look at this: [url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-volume-steps-increase-magisk-v10-t3554996[/URL]

I tested T17 on my Devices (Xperia Z4 with Android 7, Xperia XZ with Android 8 and Nokia 8 with Android 9)

## Changelog ##
    T17: Release for Magisk 17+
    T19: Release for Magisk 19+

This is not much work, but if you appreciate it anyway, hit Thanks or consider to gift me a drink.
    Cheers
    Please help to increase steps to 100, I tried to edit and zip, but not flashable, ty

See OP Attachments
    Possible to increase music to 60? Ty

Uploaded 60 Steps Module to first Post! (Left the In-Call Steps at 14)
    Works perfect on pocophone f1 with miui 10 beta
    It still did not work :( Can you edit the file changing the 4 values to 60 and upload the file here for me please? I will really appreciate that.

not tested but idk - there is no reason for it to not work