[Module] Magisk DRM Disabler

Search This thread

Atrate

Mar 2, 2016
Is there anyway to remove this I didn't read it properly and now I can't play Disney. I deleted the module but I still can't watch. Is there any way to readd the DRM files.
The module doesn't remove anything permanently. If you removed the module and rebooted, your phone will be at the same state it was before adding the module. You may need to wipe the Disney+ application's data.

Sait0x00032

Dec 28, 2016
https://gitlab.com/Atrate/magisk-drm-disabler

READ THIS FIRST

Some (quite a few) users have reported various breakages due to this module. It is not really possible to fix them, since it seems that DRM might be integrated to tightly into some ROMs. You have been warned.

Description
A Magisk module designed to disable DRM (Digital Restrictions Management) completely on Android devices using Magisk, for reasons of security or ethics (see: Opposing Digital Rights Mismanagement and Examples of proprietary DRM).

Installation

1. Install through Magisk Manager
OR

1. Download the module from the releases
  2. Flash the module through Magisk Manager or TWRP/OrangeFox

Grab the newest release on GitLab or GitHub

THIS IS NOT A MODULE THAT WILL HELP YOU BYPASS DRM PROTECTION
Quite the contrary, it will make you unable to watch any DRM-restricted content.

This is an alpha release
I am not responsible for any damage done to your device by this module, so flash at your of discretion

LOOKING FOR TESTERS!
If you're interested in helping the project by being a tester, please refer to CONTRIBUTING.md

Credits
topjohnwu for magisk

Changelog

License
This project is licensed under the GPL-3.0-or-later.
SOS

HELP

IT'S URGENT

I installed (heavy or full idk) this module on my sibling's Google Pixel 3 (rooted with magisk) running Android 12 just to have some fun. Now they can't play Netflix or any other subscription-based educational/online learning apps. They are really pissed at me and want me to fix this. I disabled the module and uninstalled it from the phone but the issue still persists. Is there any way to restore the DRM files replaced by this module?

I have downloaded the original stock firmware from google's website. Is it possible to fix the phone with data preserved by flashing just a component like boot.img etc. even though the drm files appear to be stored in /system/ directory?

Atrate

Mar 2, 2016
SOS

HELP

IT'S URGENT

I installed (heavy or full idk) this module on my sibling's Google Pixel 3 (rooted with magisk) running Android 12 just to have some fun. Now they can't play Netflix or any other subscription-based educational/online learning apps. They are really pissed at me and want me to fix this. I disabled the module and uninstalled it from the phone but the issue still persists. Is there any way to restore the DRM files replaced by this module?

I have downloaded the original stock firmware from google's website. Is it possible to fix the phone with data preserved by flashing just a component like boot.img etc. even though the drm files appear to be stored in /system/ directory?

After removing the module, all the files should be back to normal but it seems that even a temporary lack of them tripped some DRM protection from Google/Netflix/whatever. You may need to do a clean format.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://gitlab.com/Atrate/magisk-drm-disabler

READ THIS FIRST

Some (quite a few) users have reported various breakages due to this module. It is not really possible to fix them, since it seems that DRM might be integrated to tightly into some ROMs. You have been warned.

Description
    A Magisk module designed to disable DRM (Digital Restrictions Management) completely on Android devices using Magisk, for reasons of security or ethics (see: Opposing Digital Rights Mismanagement and Examples of proprietary DRM).

Installation

1. Install through Magisk Manager
    OR

1. Download the module from the releases
    2. Flash the module through Magisk Manager or TWRP/OrangeFox

Grab the newest release on GitLab or GitHub

THIS IS NOT A MODULE THAT WILL HELP YOU BYPASS DRM PROTECTION
    Quite the contrary, it will make you unable to watch any DRM-restricted content.

This is an alpha release
    I am not responsible for any damage done to your device by this module, so flash at your of discretion

LOOKING FOR TESTERS!
    If you're interested in helping the project by being a tester, please refer to CONTRIBUTING.md

Credits
    topjohnwu for magisk

Changelog

License
    This project is licensed under the GPL-3.0-or-later.
    Version 1.1.0 has been released

Changelog
    Handle removal of DRM-related files from /data properly
    Version 1.0.0 of the module has officially been released!

It includes a LIGHT mode which will most probably fix most people's problems (at least problems connected with the module)

Changelog:
    Added module modes — use FULL for a thorough removal, use LIGHT when FULL causes issues

Added another permissions file

Added some more libs

https://gitlab.com/Atrate/magisk-drm-disabler/-/releases
    sad to say but after flashing your module on my device my volumes are not working. even set low its still got sounds or music! Removed module on magisk manager then issue is gone! ?
    Anyone have any ideas other than reflash and wipe the phone and start all over?
    Since I solved the problem myself, I will share the solution. I booted the phone into "safe mode" by simultaneously pressing the up and down volume keys after powering on the device. The phone vibrated, and I then released the keys and it booted without Magisk running. I then ran Magisk and disabled all of the modules. I rebooted normally, and the problem was solved.

By the way the module causing my problem turned out to be the Miracast module not this DRM Disabler one. Apparently Samsung phones' native SmartView conflicts with the Miracast module.