[MODULE][Magisk & Xposed][19/04] Ambient Music Mod - Pixel Ambient Music port for other, compatible devices

Search This thread

monster234

Dec 18, 2016
I need help I'm having problem that I'm no longer able to access my phone it boots but lock screen won't show up and il only see one wallpaper nothing more.

Elzaa

• Dec 4, 2013
    Melbourne
    Getting the "ambient music failed to start" error when I try to do a test recognition now. Using LSPosed since edxposed gave black screen after boot animation. (Thanks @RokCruz )

Cannot change battery settings for pixel ambient services, only for the ambient app. I have locked pixel ambient services in the app switcher though.

OnePlus 6, os version 10.3.10, Android 10. Installed the overlay fix module in magisk to make pixel ambient services install properly.

Of note: in the compatibility check, before the xposed module is enabled the sound model check fails. After enabling the module I get success with output -8880.

Also have an issue where system font is broken after installing magisk module - emojis and Japanese characters don't display anymore.

Any advice appreciated :)

Edit: looks like I have the "exf: startRecognition failed, error=-61" response. Ah well, this was a fun learning experience. Hope it eventually gets fixed, either way thanks Quinny!

Attachments

• ambient_music_mod_log_dump_2021-05-02T12_08_59.182.zip
      10.6 KB · Views: 3
    • Screenshot_20210502-120039.jpg
      Screenshot_20210502-120039.jpg
      364.4 KB · Views: 45
    • Screenshot_20210502-115106.jpg
      Screenshot_20210502-115106.jpg
      276.6 KB · Views: 45
    • Screenshot_20210502-112740.jpg
      Screenshot_20210502-112740.jpg
      270.8 KB · Views: 41
    • Screenshot_20210502-123649.jpg
      Screenshot_20210502-123649.jpg
      413.7 KB · Views: 42
    Last edited:

NateDev

• Getting the "ambient music failed to start" error when I try to do a test recognition now. Using LSPosed since edxposed gave black screen after boot animation. (Thanks @RokCruz )

Cannot change battery settings for pixel ambient services, only for the ambient app. I have locked pixel ambient services in the app switcher though.

OnePlus 6, os version 10.3.10, Android 10. Installed the overlay fix module in magisk to make pixel ambient services install properly.

Of note: in the compatibility check, before the closed module is enabled the sound model check fails. After enabling the module I get success with output -8880.

Also have an issue where system font is broken after installing magisk module - emojis and Japanese characters don't display anymore.

Any advice appreciated :)

Edit: looks like I have the "exf: startRecognition failed, error=-61" response. Ah well, this was a fun learning experience. Hope it eventually gets fixed, either way thanks Quinny!
    Missing emojis points to broken reserve partition IIRC

m1606

• Dec 5, 2018
    OnePlus 7T
    I have a OnePlus 7T running Resurrection Remix. I have both the EdXposed and Magisk modules, and have granted microphone access to the all. When I try to start the Test recognition, it tries and after a few seconds it says Ambient Music failed to start. I've tried all troubleshooting methods and none helped, so I'm posting here hoping for a solution. The mod seems great and I'd love to be able to use it. Hopefully there's something I can do to make it work. 🙂

FoxyModder

Mar 13, 2017
    João Pessoa
    Fails on a Mi 9T Pro running xiaomi.eu MIUI 12 based on Android 10. Ambient Music Mod also doesn't show up in LSPosed
    Should try edxposed
    Thanks for the great work, I can confirm it's working on mi 9 running latest mi.eu , although only with EdXposed.

To make it work I had to Install everything and reboot the device then opened the mod
    launched Ambient Music App

gave permission record permission via a root shell using the following command:
    Code:
    pm grant com.google.intelligence.sense android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO

locked the app ( the lock icon after holding an app in the preview )

Clicked Launch Ambient Music Mod for more settings

and after a manual test it started working great in the lockscreen even with AOD

incapable

Oct 18, 2008
    I keep getting a "xposed module not enabled" error in the ambient music mod app even though i have xposed enabled in magisk. The magisk log shows xposed starting correctly, but i'm seeing a bunch of invalid id's in the ambient music mod's logs. Does anyone have a clue?
    Log dump

incapable

Oct 18, 2008
    I keep getting a "xposed module not enabled" error in the ambient music mod app even though i have xposed enabled in magisk. The magisk log shows xposed starting correctly, but i'm seeing a bunch of invalid id's in the ambient music mod's logs. Does anyone have a clue?
    Log dump
    Never mind, appearantly you need to enable the module in the xposed manager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Important: YOU MUST HAVE BOTH XPOSED AND MAGISK INSTALLED TO USE THIS MODULE. READ THE FAQ FOR MORE INFO.

Ambient Music Mod​

A hybrid Xposed & Magisk module that ports Pixel Ambient Music to other, compatible devices. If you don't know what Pixel Ambient Music is, it's the feature that recognises music that's playing in the background (ie. not from your phone) automatically. It does this locally, without a connection, and doesn't send any data to Google servers for recognition.

The aim of this feature is simple - you'll never wonder "what's that song" again when around the house or out and about - as your phone will tell you without you even having to ask.

Please read the FAQ before asking questions or reporting issues

Features​

• Full Ambient Music support, including downloading the latest databases from Google
      • Music recognition when the device is idle or in use (exclusions apply, see the FAQ for more details)
      • Now Playing History built in, and support for third party history apps
      • The ability to display the current now playing track on the lock screen using an Accessibility overlay service
      • Manual recognition on demand in the Ambient Music Mod app
      • Settings to control the amplification, how often recognition should be triggered, whether to run on the small CPU cores and what to do when a song recognition notification is tapped
      • View all the recognisable track in your locally downloaded database via the Track List option

Requirements​

• Magisk
      • Xposed
      • A device with a Snapdragon processor that supports Sound Trigger 2.1 or above (the app will tell you if it's compatible)

Installation Instructions​

• Install the latest release APK from the GitHub releases page
      • Open the app, check your device is compatible and build the module using the Build Installer option
      • Install the built Magisk module using the Magisk app
      • Enable the Xposed module in Xposed Manager
      • Reboot

Changelog​

Fixed an issue where the Xposed warning dialog continue button did not work

• Added a new compatibility checker that checks if getModelState() [and therefore hopefully the module] is supported. This isn't 100% perfect so a bypass is also available
      • Tweaked sound trigger injection to include an XML line that's required for some devices
      • Fixed track list not loading for some people
      • Hopefully fixed log dump zips
      • Newly built modules will now also keep a copy of your original sound trigger XML. This change allows for comparison in the log dumps, and may help updates in the future.
      IMPORTANT: When updating the module (which will force you to uninstall/disable the current module and reboot), the module name will change. Therefore, you are advised to uninstall the previous module as part of this process.

Screenshots​

Ambient Music Mod displaying the currently playing track on the lock screen of a OnePlus 7T Pro running Oxygen OS 11:

Settings, Installer, standard Ambient Music settings & Now Playing history

You can verify that the songs displayed in these screenshots were being played at the time by viewing a screenshot of the playlist from the radio station being listened to at the time here

1,270 days, stop the clock.
      So this is a weird one. Installed on 7t OOS 11.0.0.2, but doesn't work.
      After some digging I realized that Magisk doesn't mount the pixel ambient services app into /system/product/priv-app, as in the folder gets created, but the apk and lib folder inside isn't there. They are there though under the /data/adb/modules/AmbientMusicMod folder. Tried installing manually, but I guess it needs to be a system app to function. What kind of logs should I even send for this one?
      Initially had this issue, but solved it by installing Zackptg5's Overlay Mount Fix. You can find it in Magisk Manager module downloads.
      Sorry for the second question: when I try to enable the mod in LSPosed manager, it asks to me to select an app. I don't know which app to select and the Ambient Music apps don't appear on the list. If I don't select an app the mod doesn't get enabled. Not sure what to do about that.
      I selected System Framework, Android System, Ambient Services, and Device Personalization Services.

For some reason this mods own app doesn't show up tho, otherwise I would've enabled it as well like mentioned.
      App keeps asking to update and there is no update
      My bad, forgot to knock the internal version back down after testing the update dialog. I've "updated" the APK on GitHub, it's exactly the same build with the correct internal version, and will install on top :)
      The font works fine (just using Magisk to place the fonts in the system). Making it be used on the system elements on the other hand was difficult, as overlays are partially broken on Oxygen OS 11. I made a custom Xposed module do it instead, which I won't be releasing as I don't want another thing to have to maintain.

different person, same topic. just adding that another person would appreciate having this module lol, even if it was just a post and forget type thing with no support/updates. greatly appreciate all the work you do.