[MODULE] Microsoft Intune Company Portal Hider (Intune Hider)

Is IntuneHider4Magisk Useful For You?

• Yes

Votes: 104 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 20.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

}{Alienz}{

Jul 22, 2010
Colorado
OnePlus 9 Pro
Works on latest Magisk 20.4 on my OnePlus 7 Pro (Android 10). No need for special packages or crazy setup. Use the integrated Magisk hide feature.
Steps taken

-root device
-Hide magisk manager
-Install Intune and outlook. (do not run)
- Open Magisk and find the Magisk hide app list. Checkmark intune (it's called Company Portal) and Outlook. Make sure to CHECKMARK every part of the app...there's multiple parts when you click the app name in the list.
(if previously installed: wipe data+cache from intune and outlook)
Setup intune
Setup outlook

Reactions: Zon44

jesterpaul

Nov 27, 2010
Kaitaia
Works on latest Magisk 20.4 on my OnePlus 7 Pro (Android 10). No need for special packages or crazy setup. Use the integrated Magisk hide feature.
Steps taken

-root device
-Hide magisk manager
- Open Magisk and find the Magisk hide app list. Checkmark intune (it's called Company Portal) and Outlook. Make sure to CHECKMARK every part of the app...there's multiple parts when you click the app name in the list.
Setup intune
Setup outlook

I wish this still worked for me, but it does not.

I have a Sammy Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G user. Run stock firmware but I have unlocked the bootloader so the knox fuse has been tripped.

I have magisk canary installed. I hide magisk manager and use magisk hide on numerous apps including Intune Company Portal, and it used to work with basic attestation with your method.

My device started failing safety net when Google updated it to using hardware attestation (as is inevitable).

I have installed magic props config magisk module and run the force basic attestation props command, and with this my device passes safety net again.

I am successfully running several apps that would not work on rooted devices with this set of workarounds.

ThreeNow (New Zealand TV app)
Ramco Unify
Microsoft Authenticator
McDonald's app

However I cannot fool Intune Company Portal, meaning I can't use any apps that allow me to connect to my work Office 365 accounts and services, such as Outlook for my work email, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and others.

Has anyone found a way to cloak root for Intune Company Portal with Google having updated to hardware attestation?

johnnyjoejoejr

Nov 1, 2020
I tried for weeks to get this to work without success, until I reached out to my workplace IT team. I had them re-enter my IMEI number for both sim card slots, and it finally worked!

Steps taken

-root device
-Hide magisk manager
Setup intune
Setup outlook

I dont even hide magisk manager... Ever

Happily used for months now. It relies heavily on safetynet passing so thats the where most peoples issue probably lay.

The evox rom i am using has always passed safetynet - i did try a different kernel which caused safetynet to fail and the device became non compliant... Back to stock kernel from rom.... Passsed safetynet device compliant again.

logitek1994

Sep 30, 2014
Bogor
Steps taken

-root device
-Hide magisk manager
Setup intune
Setup outlook

Wooowww thank you so much!!! I can't pass the root check when login to microsoft teams, and when i do wipe data + cache (bcs it has previously installed) it works!!!! I never thought that delete all data + cache is so much powerful than uninstall + reinstall. Thank you so much maannnn?????

Update: well, not for long. Just 5 minutes later and the error is showing up again

SolarPlexus

Jan 9, 2011
github.com
could it be, that intune is hidden in a specific way in the Apps list of Magisk manager? I could not find it under every possible name I checked (Intune, Unternemen, Company, Microsoft)... Unfortunatly it looks like the Root check was improved, because yesterday it still works, but today Outlook is no longer syncing...

Reactions: skoop99

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008
@}{Alienz}{'s solution still works for me. I switched to a new ROM yesterday (clean install) and was having issues setting up Teams and Outlook (Company Portal was detecting root) until I came across this thread and followed }{Alienz}{'s solution. Took a couple of tries but what got it working in the end was to ensure I force-closed ALL Microsoft apps (Company Portal, Authenticator, Teams, Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive) and then cleared ALL their respective Storage+Caches. Then I set up Authenticator again, didn't touch Company Portal, then set up Teams, Outlook etc and it's been working fine. Device has been running for almost a full work day now without any issues.

I'm on Android 11 (PiXeN-OS) patched to November 2020, on a OnePlus 6. I'm using Magisk 21.1 (MagiskHide enabled + Magisk package renamed) and I don't have any other modules MagiskHidePropsConfig/Riru/Xposed etc installed, for now anyway.

I'll monitor and update this post if the situation changes.

If any of you have issues, can you please mention your:

- Device make/model/variant
- Android OS version, Security Patch Level and ROM (if using a custom ROM)
- Magisk version
- Any other mods/root apps installed (Riru/Xposed etc)

ShivamOnline

Jan 8, 2014
Bhopal
Can you please update, if it is still working or not.
If Yes, please mention all the steps followed or Quote the Post where you followed it from.

I had to remove Magisk to get these apps working again.
Tried all the mentioned tricks.

Thanks

Can you please update, if it is still working or not.
If Yes, please mention all the steps followed or Quote the Post where you followed it from.

I had to remove Magisk to get these apps working again.
Tried all the mentioned tricks.

Thanks
I run the stable Magisk v.20.4 with the most recent Manager (obviously renamed/hidden) in my Sony Z5 Compact phone, loaded with Lineage OS 17.1. I use the MHPC module in order to pass CTS profile tests. By ticking all the boxes for the Company Portal app (the same for all related work apps) in Magisk hide tab, it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201127-124213_Gerente.png
    Screenshot_20201127-124213_Gerente.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_20201127-124252_Gerente.png
    Screenshot_20201127-124252_Gerente.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20201127-124312_Gerente.png
    Screenshot_20201127-124312_Gerente.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20201127-124633_Company_Portal.png
    Screenshot_20201127-124633_Company_Portal.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Reactions: awdrifter

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Magisk hide works perfectly for me as well, no need for any additional modules. I do wish there was a module that could bypass lockscreen requirement by company portal though. A module that disabled company portal's admin privilege could achieve that too.

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
I run the stable Magisk v.20.4 with the most recent Manager (obviously renamed/hidden) in my Sony Z5 Compact phone, loaded with Lineage OS 17.1. I use the MHPC module in order to pass CTS profile tests. By ticking all the boxes for the Company Portal app (the same for all related work apps) in Magisk hide tab, it works.

This seems to have done the trick. I ripped the older version of Intune and Teams from my previous phone, updated Magisk to the latest Beta (I was using Canary), then just checked all the toggles as shown on the screenshots. It seems to have worked for me.

hondoslack

Apr 6, 2009
So, very important to install Company Portal and DO NOT OPEN. Clear data/cache, then open Magisk, and after ensuring it is hidden/renamed, find Company Portal in the hidden apps page, and hide all. I made the mistake of trying to find Company Portal in Magisk AFTER opening it. It does some trickery to hide itself from Magisk at that point, then its too late! I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere here in this thread, but doesn't hurt to bring the gotcha's to the front of the line!

chirag.keshri

Jun 24, 2015
Guys i am using a custom rom in my pocof1 and my phone is rooted and decrypted (no encryption). When i setup intune app it setups work profile and it asks me to encrypt the device. I have enable hide magisk for intune app. Please help to fix this issue.

Guys i am using a custom rom in my pocof1 and my phone is rooted and decrypted (no encryption). When i setup intune app it setups work profile and it asks me to encrypt the device. I have enable hide magisk for intune app. Please help to fix this issue.

Don't decrypt your device and you'll be fine. There's no getting around it.

Although my rom shows encrypted but can view it in recovery without decrypting... I installed rom and then wiped data and it loads as encrypted in the os itself

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Eventually got it working. Just ensure you hide Outlook and intune.
Within the hide option related to Intune make SURE you select all the sub-activity within Intune / Company portail.

Attachments

• portail.jpg
    portail.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 101

sa3d1337

Feb 17, 2013
Hello, If someone is able to help me, I have Galaxy S7, running custom rom with Android 10 and Samsung One Ui 2.5. I am trying to enable Microsoft Intune on my phone and I did not root my phone so I can run this app but now it is asking for Knox encryption but I don't have it because Knox tripped cuz of custom rom. Can someone tell me how I can enable encryption so i can access my work mail through intune. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Simple Module To Hide The Root From Microsoft Intune Company Portal.
    - After The Installation & 1st Reboot, It Hides The Rooting & Disables Itself [P.S. Disabling Itself For Some Versions]
    - Enabling This Module From Magisk Manager = Doing Its Functionality & Disabling Itself (Next Reboot) [P.S. Disabling Itself For Some Versions]

Current Version: 0.1.3.3
    - Magisk Hide Must Be Working Properly Which Is A Main Point To Use The Module
    - Passing SafetyNet Means Also Magisk Hide Is Working So Check The General Steps
    - In Case Of Facing Some Issues Such SIM Doesn't Work, Data Doesn't Work Or Phone Doesn't Go In Deep Sleep/Sleep Mode, Remove Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Phone Apps & Phone Services From The List Of Magisk Hide (Magisk Manager --> Magisk Hide --> Disable The Mentioned Apps) Then Reboot
    - It Is Recommended To Clear MagiskHideList Including Each App/Activity/Process Before Flashing Using The Module Of ClearHideList4Magisk From This Thread https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-hide-list-bootloop-bootscreen-t3849208[/STRIKE]
    - The Module Of IntuneHider4Magisk Is Changed To Be A File Of HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk Which Needs The Main Module Of MultiFunctionsPlus & The Details Are Mentioned In The Below Installation Guide

Created: Apr.12.2018
    Updated: June.12.2019

Download Link: Click Here (To Ensure That The Module Will Work Properly, Kindly Do What Are Mentioned In The General Steps)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v1300, It Supports Magisk v13.1(1310) To v13.6(1360)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v1400, It Supports Magisk v14.0(1400) To v15.3(1531)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v1500, It Supports Magisk v15.0(1500) To v17.3(17300)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v17000, It Supports Magisk v17.0(17000) To v17.3(17300)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v18000, It Supports Magisk v18.0(18000) To v18.1(18100)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v19000, It Supports Magisk v19.0(19000) To The Latest Version

Installation:
    - The Module Of IntuneHider4Magisk Is Changed To Be A File Of HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk Which Needs The Main Module Of MultiFunctionsPlus So Check This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-microsoft-intune-company-portal-t3780451/post80981237 (The Old One https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-microsoft-intune-company-portal-t3780451/post79716483)
    - Magisk Manager --> Modules --> Add (+) --> Choose The Downloaded File --> Reboot
    - Or Flash It Thru TWRP Recovery

Magisk Hide:
    - Intune Will Be Added Automatically To The List Of Magisk Hide
    - Some Apps Will Be Added Automatically To The List Of Magisk Hide Such As Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Phone Apps, Phone Services, Gmail, Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Authenticator

Recommendation:
    - Check The General Steps From This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-microsoft-intune-company-portal-t3780451/post76817261
    - In-Case Of Failure, Check This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-microsoft-intune-company-portal-t3780451/post76606993
    - For Passing SafetyNet & Certifying The Device, Check This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-google-playstore-services-data-t3789498/post76682978

Beta Version:
    - Check This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/m...module-safe-mode-bootloop-bootscreen-t3847422 Then Flash It Thru TWRP Recovery
    - In-Case Of Facing A Bootloop/Bootscreen/Blackscreen Issue Due To Adding App/Activity/Process To Magisk Hide, Download ClearHideList4Magisk From This Thread https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-hide-list-bootloop-bootscreen-t3849208 Then Flash It Thru TWRP Recovery
    - In-Case Of Facing A Bootloop/Bootscreen/Blackscreen Issue Due To Flashing A Module, Download CoreOnlyMode4Magisk From This Thread https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-core-mode-bootloop-solver-modules-t3817366 Then Flash It Thru TWRP Recovery

Click On Thanks Button If The Module/Post Is Useful (Dreamer(3MF))
    >>> Sharing A Good Thought Is Gold <<<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SELinux Mode Inverter - Device Spoofing Tool - Core Only Mode - Other Modules
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S. You Can Update Intune App As You Want Without Any Effect On The Module Unless The Changes Of Intune App Are Related To The Root Detection. But Everyone Here Will Help Us To Figure Out The Solution.
    The Old Thread (Microsoft Intune Company Portal)
    This module is not needed in v18.0, and you should clean out the hide list since the tons of new entries added by this module is also not needed.
    If you don't know how to do this, flash the uninstaller and reinstall v18.0.
    Please do not spread the info to stop upgrading v18.0. As stated in the announcement, anything older than v18.0 will be completely unsupported soon and staying on an old version will very likely screw your device.
    Reserved for News/Updates #1
    This worked for me using the latest company portal (5.0.5123.0).

Go into Magisk settings and select Hide Magisk Manager. This repackages the app so other apps see it as something different. After doing, that I cleared the cache in Outlook & Company portal (although I'm not sure that was required). Of course, all the previous discussion about adding Company Portal to your magisk hide list is also required.
    Updated HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk To 0.1.3.3!
    Changelog: The Module Of IntuneHider4Magisk Is Changed To Be A File Of HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk Which Needs The Main Module Of MultiFunctions
    >>>To Ensure That Will Work Properly, Kindly Do What Are Mentioned In The General Steps<<<
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v1500, It Supports Magisk v15.0(1500) To v17.3(17300)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v17000, It Supports Magisk v17.0(17000) To v17.3(17300)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v18000, It Supports Magisk v18.0(18000) To v18.1(18100)
    - For HideList Which Is Ended Its Name With v19000, It Supports Magisk v19.0(19000) To The Latest Version

Notes:
    - MagiskHide Must Be Working Properly Which Is A Main Point
    - Passing The SafetyNet Means Also MagiskHide Is Working

Download:
    - MultiFunctions4Magisk From This Thread https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-multifunctions-bootloop-t3933386
    - HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk From This Link https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=274608

Do The Next Steps:
    - Flash/Re-Flash The Module Of MultiFunctions4Magisk & Reboot The Device
    - Some Functions [DalvikCache Cleaner, MagiskHideList Cleaner, SafeMode Enabler & MagiskCoreOnlyMode Enabler] Are Activated For Once To Resolve Some Issues
    - Booting The Android Into Safe Mode For Giving The Ability To Remove Any App/Its Data Manually Which Maybe Caused The Bootloop/Issue (Rebooting The Device Manually Is Required To Get Back To The Normal Mode)
    - Clearing DalvikCache For Removing All Remnants Of The Uninstalled Apps & Resolving/Fixing Some Issues With The Installed App
    - Clearing All Apps/Activities/Processes From MagiskHideList Which Maybe Caused The Bootloop/Issue
    - Opening Magisk In Core Only Mode To Deactivate All Modules For Giving The Ability To Remove Any Module Manually Which Maybe Caused The Bootloop/Issue (Disabling Magisk Core Only Mode & Rebooting The Device Are Required To Load The Modules)
    - Flashing/Re-Flashing The Module Will Activate The Above Mentioned Functions Even-If Magisk Is In Core Only Mode
    - For Retrieving/Restoring The Last MagiskHideList Before Activating The Above Mentioned Function Of MagiskHideList Cleaner, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskHideListCleaner --> BackUp --> Move The File Of HideList.txt Into The Folder Of Retrieving --> Reboot
    - The Compressed File Of HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk Is Not A Magisk Module & Should Be Uncompressed
    - The Extracted Folder Contains Many Files So Choose The Suitable One According To The Flashed/Used Magisk
    - For Adding The Content Of HideList Of IntuneHider4Magisk To MagiskHideList, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskHideListCleaner --> BackUp --> Move The File Of HideList.txt From The Extracted Folder Into The Folder Of Retrieving --> Reboot
    - Additional Feature (Activating The Sub-Function Of Hide Enabler [Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskHideListCleaner --> Hide --> Enabler --> Copy The File Of Disable To The Folder Of Inactive --> Reboot] = Enabling MagiskHide Once At Booting)
    - P.S. Sharing MagiskHideList Is Available & For Doing That, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskHideListCleaner --> BackUp --> Delete The File Of Disable From The Folder Of Active --> Reboot --> Send/Upload The File Of HideList From The Folder Of BackUp

***MagiskDaemonHide Keeper***
    - The Function Are Divided Into 2 Sub-Functions [Hide & Daemon] For Keeping Both Of Magisk-Daemon & Magisk-Hide Running
    - Hide Keeper Aims To Resolve The Issue Of Intermittent Work Of MagiskHide By Re-Enabling MagiskHide Every A Certain Time
    - Daemon Keeper Aims To Resolve The Issue Of Losing Root Access Randomly (Or Magisk Is Not Installed) By Re-Starting MagiskDaemon Every A Certain Time
    - Activating The Function = Doing Its Functionality
    - For Activating The Functionality Of Hide Keeper, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskDaemonHideKeeper --> Hide --> Copy The File Of Disable To The Folder Of Inactive --> Reboot
    -----> Some Issues Which Are Related To Magisk/Rom/Kernel Itself Can Be Resolved Using A Different Modes [Where The Wait Mode (The Default One) Can Be Used For Re-Enabling MagiskHide Every 20 Min. & The Fast Mode Can Be Used Re-Enabling MagiskHide Every 10 Min.]
    -----> For Activating The Fast Mode, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskDaemonHideKeeper --> Hide --> Copy The File Of Disable To The Folder Of Wait --> Reboot
    - For Activating The Functionality Of Daemon Keeper, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskDaemonHideKeeper --> Daemon --> Copy The File Of Disable To The Folder Of Inactive --> Reboot
    -----> Some Issues Which Are Related To Magisk/Rom/Kernel Itself Can Be Resolved Using A Different Modes [Where The Wait Mode (The Default One) Can Be Used For Re-Starting MagiskDaemon Every 5 Min. & The Fast Mode Can Be Used Re-Starting MagiskDaemon Every 2 Min.]
    -----> For Activating The Fast Mode, Use Any Root File Explorer Such MiXplorer --> Root --> data --> DreamerMods --> MultiFunctions --> MagiskDaemonHideKeeper --> Daemon --> Copy The File Of Disable To The Folder Of Wait --> Reboot