Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-004826_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20220511-004826_Magisk.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: thesm4rt1

HowieZhu

May 25, 2022
Realme GT 2 Pro
Awesome work! My question is possible to remove hole punch and rounded corners like this? Rounded corners will only disappear for a second when I change some settings/ notch style and come back, so close! I have changed my phone resulotion to 2160x1440 for some special use, thanks very much! Realme gt2pro with realme ui 3 Android 12
79447B4F-5956-493C-9149-0B3D2FE8C4DB.jpeg04ECA249-81C3-452D-8BD3-98B0E9CB7ABF.jpeg

Tommy0000

Dec 3, 2017
Moto G 5G Plus
[SOLVED]

Hi @LOGMD , thanks for your work, i came across this issue with the latest android 12.1 pixel experience gsi.
I don't know what's the cause of the issue but it comes out just after i install this overlay.

The status bar seems half its normal size when i put the custom cutout on.

Here's the pictures without the custom cutout left (260px)
Screenshot_20220617-110333_Avvio app Pixel.png

And here's with
Screenshot_20220617-110008_NewPipe~2.png

Idk who i should ask for help, would it be possible to add an height value to custom cutouts? Would it solve it?

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just to let you know @LOGMD, with the newest 13 beta (3.3) the module is broken. It installs properly, but there are no selections in Dev Ops/Cutout except for stock.

Device is Pixel 5. If there's any logs you need me to get let me know. The N30 folder in data/adb maybe?

Last edited:

jonny30bass

Mar 29, 2011
Columbus
hey just wanted to drop in and say thanks for this mod! I'm using it with a OP8T using the latest OOS11 and works exactly as intended. Also, if you want Fullscreen Portrait mode, this mod in combination with the Xposed Edge app from the app store will do it! I sat a gesture to hide the status bar in Xposed Edge.

Reactions: Mokura3rd

Mokura3rd

Jul 26, 2014
hey just wanted to drop in and say thanks for this mod! I'm using it with a OP8T using the latest OOS11 and works exactly as intended. Also, if you want Fullscreen Portrait mode, this mod in combination with the Xposed Edge app from the app store will do it! I sat a gesture to hide the status bar in Xposed Edge.
Today I learned that not only does Xposed Edge still exist, it's been updated and works with LOS 19.1/A12L. Thanks for this blast from the past, I had given up on modern portrait fullscreen!

shadowofdeth

Mar 27, 2019
This right here is the why it pays off to visit xda every once in a while.

Not too happy about needing to install LSposed to use it, but it's something I've needed for a long time now. Brilliant find, mate. Cheers.

JA sunny

Jan 20, 2022
I tried to install but won't proceed. It tries to confirm installation by waiting for a volume button press but the thing is it doesn't wait and immediately cancels.

Device - Realme C25Y RMX3269
Android 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N3O (or Nitrous Oxide i guess :p)
    Who is it for:
    • devices with punchole or cutout displays
    • the black bar REALLY annoys you in landscape
    • clock behind camera annoys you just as much!
    What it does:
    • Uses full screen in landscape mode
    • respects the cutout in portrait to ensure a normal status bar
    Device Support
    • Preset for Oneplus 8/8T & 8 Pro
    • Preset for Pixel 5
    • Other devices via custom config (left/right cutouts, center cutouts experimental)
    • Custom mode for other left or right cutouts without presets (please share your values)
    13 - Experimental builds (here)
    12 - Experemental builds (here)
    11 - AOSP based Roms
    10 - Currently not supported (can install but bootloops reported)

Nonsense:
    The only nonsesne here, is that devices that switch resolution need to have a specific cutout to match it. if you dynamically change resolution using tasker you need to switch overlays when you do so (seems to not affect powersave mode when at full resolution)

For up-to date information on features in the module and how to use it, check the documentation on git here

Where do i get it:

Recognition
    • Gnonymous7 for Script base and install logic
    • Zackptg5 for MMT-Ex template.
    • topjohnwu Magisk.
    • All the testers and xda for providing a platform to test on
    @LOGMD and for anyone with the script running past the volume check in the Magisk app, install Fox's Magisk Module Manager from github and flash the module through that.
    I was having the same issue. I'm on Canary Magisk and Android 13 and installation works with Fox's Mmm. It also works on Android 12 and Canary. Plus now that modules aren't provided through the Magisk app anymore, it's nice to have a repo to get modules from.
    You should try submitting your module to that LOGMD. People who weren't getting their modules accepted to the old official repo are getting accepted there. The requirements for the official one I never understood.
    (edited to include the link)

That's pretty-much what this module does, immersive mode on Android 11. I do use Nova with a hidden status bar so I don't know what this mod does with other launchers but it gives me full immersive mode in landscape for games, YouTube, Netflix etc, etc.

Edit: I re-read your post and you're asking specifically about portrait... do you want that for all apps or just the launcher? Based on previous discussions I recall most people want landscape only immersive mode.
    Full immersive still isn't possible, the status bar ain't going nowhere with their customisations.

I tried many days to find where they force the status bar to always reserve space in portrait but had no luck. Closest I got was to disable all the oneplus overlays but then the system started behaving strangely
    More like a first beta than a developers preview. No bugs at all yet, but unlike the first betas, very few new things yet.
    Most DP1s have a few bugs, but not so much with 12
    I usually wait until DP2, but I have 2 backup devices right now; one which I use at work 5 days a week (Pixel 2XL), so I took the plunge on DP2 for 12
    The other device is a HTC 10 that I also use 5 days a week, but just for an MP3 player at work for my BT speaker.

EDIT: Shame to see what problem exists exactly? I have no issues

They are mainly nitpicks but things that would make it perfect.

changing resolutions means changing cutout, it's annoying but not end of the world and can be automated via tasker.

Installation for custom values is ok but I would prefer I build an app that launches during install to configure the cutout with previews etc

Center cutouts don't work, but they are mostly Samsung devices that do this feature anyways

And the anti aliasing around the notch, against a white background you can see it's all jagged. When the previous overlay was there they draw a cutout just a little larger than the cutout so it appears smooth. Again can probably fixed with an app/ service that draws on the screen to achieve it.

But for a large majority of use-cases this suffices 😂

I mean I'm software developer professionally so I can just figure these things out, but to really give people the the value out of their devices it's the ones that just learned how to install magisk without bricking that It should be easy for 😂 either way. All to happen if I ever have time to improve this.

Right now the 120hz stuck on the always on display for oneplus 8 pro is my next annoyance. The drain is unbearable with AOD but compared to my mate 20 pro it sipped power on AOD

P.s. if anyone has some suggested presets to load for devices not covered please let me know. Popular devices I'll add to the installer but any other device I'll just include values for the custom setup in the readme
    Damn it... :( So you think that immersive mode and android 11 are an impossible thing?

Unlikely 😉 not impossible. Just better hope the code doesn't sit in java files because editing smali files are a real pain.

I'm probably gonna do another dump of all files from the latest update at some point and extract all apks etc and do a scan in the contents of all files.

I have a pretty fast 3000mbps ssd so any windows/Linux tools people know for taking advantage while searching let me know