• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[module] NotoColorEmoji Blob Patch

Search This thread

simonsmh

Dec 14, 2015
Yes, I tried to add the missing symbols in the S7 edge and when I pack the NotoColorEmoji, only the missing symbols are visible and all the new ones have disappeared. Your version works only on websites, and in the phone when writing sms and choosing emoji are empty fields.

That's wired but that should means it is accurately working.

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
I am attempting to use this module on the latest magisk manager, with magisk 16.0 on Cosmic OS for the OnePlus + 2 and unfortunately is not working. What would I need to get you for you to help me figure out why I cannot get this working? I have tried using the magisk modules through magisk manager and I have tried installing it via recovery neither has worked

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I am attempting to use this module on the latest magisk manager, with magisk 16.0 on Cosmic OS for the OnePlus + 2 and unfortunately is not working. What would I need to get you for you to help me figure out why I cannot get this working? I have tried using the magisk modules through magisk manager and I have tried installing it via recovery neither has worked

An installation log is always a good start...

Or can you install it, but it doesn't do anything? Logs either way...

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
An installation log is always a good start...

Or can you install it, but it doesn't do anything? Logs either way...
I have installed it it doesn't stall properly but it does nothing. I do have my logs here for you and I can also get my fonts. XML if you need it

Attachments

• install_log_20180314_215317.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 21

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
Hello I've tried the latest update the test build and it is working, I now have functional the adorable old Noto emojis back thank you very much for your hard work

djocqer

Mar 4, 2012
Surabaya
Hi. Is it possible if I only download the emoji file and manually replace it in my system folder? I don't have magisk installed.

Edit : never mind. It works :)
Thank you so much :good:

Last edited:

Jos_Hdez22

Oct 10, 2016
Ciudad de México
With the last update my ROM does not start, it stays in a kind of bootloop. I am using a Moto Z Play with AOSIP Android Pie and the latest magisk 19.0, I wish you can help me.

skinnyflirter

Nov 30, 2016
Hi!
While checking out my brand new old uhhhh... :silly: emojis, I noticed a few inconsistencies (see attached). Is the font like that by default or is it some kind of bug? I don't really mind, I just want to make sure that nothing went wrong while flashing the module.
In any case, thanks a lot for making it, I'm really happy to get back those blobs!

Attachments

• Screenshot_Textra_20190804-200502.png
    Screenshot_Textra_20190804-200502.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 166

lividhen99

Jun 19, 2018
I don't think think it is the module's fault, but they seem to be really small. Does anyone know of a way to increase the size of just the emojis? Would that be a thing I have to do to the module or is there some way to turn up the OS's emoji render size?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Noto Emoji with Blobs enabled
    This repository is intended to continue the development of the Blob emojis which have been abandoned by the original creators in 2017.

My goal is to upgrade the Blob emojis with a fresh style which is consistent to other emoji vendors.

Another thing is that this emoji set includes some emojis and ZWJ-sequences which are not part of the current emoji standard (although some or most of them are about to be included in the upcoming Unicode-standard), which means it might be one of the biggest emoji sets currently available! NotoColorEmoji fonts are provided by C1710's project.

NOTICE
    You should use latest Magisk Manager to install this module. If you meet any problem under installation from Magisk Manager, please try to install it from recovery.

https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/blobmoji
    Homemade NotoColorEmoji with Blobs finally comes in v3.0! Thanks @thayerfox!
    I just looked a little closer. I only added the new blob style emojis to the old file, I did not add the rest of the new emojis, relying on your fallback method you had used earlier. I would suggest keeping the fallback method, and just adding the updated notocoloremoji-old file which I added the new blobs to.

Done.
    Here's an album I found on Reddit a while ago. It's impressive. https://imgur.com/a/yb13F

There should be a way to edit one of the .ttf files.
    This is great, thanks. Replaced Samsung emojis with blobs on my A520F running 7.0 with Magisk v15.2, and I also have none blobs for the new 5.0 emojis.