• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Oh My Font — Google Sans Prime — Custom Font Installer

Search This thread

Camarada_Gabe

Sep 27, 2021
I already know these OTF and tried the tailed lowercase L, but I didn't think it was very cool. The old lowercase L served well the function of being different from the uppercase i while being subtle.

Anyway, even though this new version isn't too different from uppercase i, I still prefer it.

Dinevski

May 26, 2012
Can someone confim that OMF works on MIUI EU 12.5.1 Android 10
I tried to follow the WIKI and all that stuff with the MultiRoms scripts but either I am missing something or some details are missing in the Wiki.
I also tried the CFI but when i flash it my phone wont boot and i have to delete the module in recovery

I really like to have the SF Rounded font on my device.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Can someone confim that OMF works on MIUI EU 12.5.1 Android 10
I tried to follow the WIKI and all that stuff with the MultiRoms scripts but either I am missing something or some details are missing in the Wiki.
I also tried the CFI but when i flash it my phone wont boot and i have to delete the module in recovery

I really like to have the SF Rounded font on my device.
I can't give you a comfirmation for your specific ROM. But this is the list of tested custom MIUI ROMs (not include Global):
- Miui eu 11
- Miui china 11
- Miui eu 12
- Miui china 12
- Miui Mix 12
- Miui OneOS 12.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-06-12-23-12-839_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-06-12-23-12-839_com.android.settings.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2021-10-07-19-40-41-739_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-07-19-40-41-739_com.android.settings.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2021-10-07-20-13-17-360_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-07-20-13-17-360_com.android.settings.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2021-10-08-01-12-12-970_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-08-01-12-12-970_com.android.settings.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2021-10-08-01-23-07-001_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-08-01-23-07-001_com.android.settings.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2021-10-08-11-43-09-743_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-08-11-43-09-743_com.android.settings.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2021-10-08-17-41-24-775_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-08-17-41-24-775_com.android.settings.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 32

Dinevski

May 26, 2012
Thank you for the reply! I must be doing something wrong.
Can you please give me a simple list of what steps I need to make to install the San Francisco Rounded Font with OMF.
From what i understood from reading the forums earlier you had the font files included in the ZIPs and now they are not included. I think here is my mistake, I am maybe putting the TTF font files in the wrong place, but in the wiki there is no clear explanation of where to put the files (in the module zip, or in the OhMyFont Folder/subfolder)...

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Thank you for the reply! I must be doing something wrong.
Can you please give me a simple list of what steps I need to make to install the San Francisco Rounded Font with OMF.
From what i understood from reading the forums earlier you had the font files included in the ZIPs and now they are not included. I think here is my mistake, I am maybe putting the TTF font files in the wrong place, but in the wiki there is no clear explanation of where to put the files (in the module zip, or in the OhMyFont Folder/subfolder)...
I can't understand clearly what you're trying to ask. You mentioned San Francisco and then jumped to TTF files and then jumped to module zip/folder. You didn't even put proper question marks.

This question is understadable so I will only answer this one.
I wrote the whole wiki so I don't have to waste my time to answer each and every question every single time.
Please full fill the prerequisites before using.

Dinevski

May 26, 2012
Sorry to waste your time but the problem is I don't understand your Wiki. Probably the other visitors are having the same difficulties... especially the ones that are new to this and that haven't used modules already.
There are no simple clear instructions on how to install OMF and make it work.
If i only put OMF.zip and 90_rom.sh in a folder and then flash the zip in Magisk, my device does not boot.
Thats why I asked for simple info of the steps I need to do to have OMF on my device. Something like:

1. PUT OMF, extension and XXX in one folder. > 2. Flash in Magisk > 3. Reboot. > 4. say thanks to the developer for wasting his time...

From comments in this forum we can see other users had difficulties installing it properly just because they tried to flash it directly from the Downloads folder where they also had additional random files.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Sorry to waste your time but the problem is I don't understand your Wiki. Probably the other visitors are having the same difficulties... especially the ones that are new to this and that haven't used modules already.
This is quite true. That's why I added the Prerequisites as mandatory. What or where in the wiki that you don't understand? I would like to hear and improve it if it's reasonable.

There are no simple clear instructions on how to install OMF and make it work.
If i only put OMF.zip and 90_rom.sh in a folder and then flash the zip in Magisk, my device does not boot.
Thats why I asked for simple info of the steps I need to do to have OMF on my device. Something like:

1. PUT OMF, extension and XXX in one folder. > 2. Flash in Magisk > 3. Reboot. > 4. say thanks to the developer for wasting his time...
- There is no simple instruction because all modules are Magisk modules that you flash in Magisk Manager to install. The modules works on Stock Android out of the box.
- If you just read completely the GitLab README, in the Extension section, you find that "Multi-ROM" will "Support ROMs/devices other than Pixel". And if you wonder how to use it, also if you had read the Wiki, you already knew how to use it in here.

You used the word "in a folder" and "in one folder". I pressume you don't know where the folder is. Again please read the configurations.

From comments in this forum we can see other users had difficulties installing it properly just because they tried to flash it directly from the Downloads folder where they also had additional random files.
The reason we see people come here and ask for troubleshooting is because those who read throughout the GitLab README and the wiki already know how to use the modules and get on with their lives.
Edit: What's the problem if you flash the modules in Download folder with bunch of other files? Magisk Manager only read the module that you browse to.

Last edited:

D3ZOXY

Aug 15, 2017
Realme X2
Hello. I found 2 bugs, can they be solved?
1. Some hyperlinks have double underscores. (sh 1)
2. Is it possible to make this variant of font bolder? (sh 2)
Phone: Realme X2 (RMX1991). Android 10, Realme UI 1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014_005746.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014_005746.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2021-10-14-00-56-04-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-14-00-56-04-30.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 34

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Hello. I found 2 bugs, can they be solved?
1. Some hyperlinks have double underscores. (sh 1)
2. Is it possible to make this variant of font bolder? (sh 2)
Phone: Realme X2 (RMX1991). Android 10, Realme UI 1.
Realme is not official supported because there has been no any Realme testers.
But I still tried replicating your issues.
1. I can't find double-underline anywhere.
2. I installed the same browser Valvidi and take the same screen shot. See attachments.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-085539.png
    Screenshot_20211014-085539.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 20

D3ZOXY

Aug 15, 2017
Realme X2
Realme is not official supported because there has been no any Realme testers.
But I still tried replicating your issues.
1. I can't find double-underline anywhere.
2. I installed the same browser Valvidi and take the same screen shot. See attachments.
I can test builds for Realme devices.
Obviously you can't see those bugs, because your smartphone is supported and tested.

zaingraphiics

Oct 25, 2021
I'm using this GSP module on Android 12 but capital letters like C & G were different on Android's previous version. They used to be rounded but now they're different.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-145234.png
    Screenshot_20211025-145234.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wish granted.
    Code:
    OTF = custom lowercase L
    There are few people also ask about the old lowercase L. It's a minor modification but it seems people get used to it. I should bring it back for historical reason.
    I saw it now and installed it. One question: was it exactly like that in the old module? I remember the tip of the L being more slanted.

Anyway, thank you very much!
    No. Not likely. Because the old font had only one Regular style that has it. This one has it all weights. And the modification means to be subtle and unnoticable.
    Understand. It's just that I thought the main purpose of these changes was to differentiate from the uppercase i. But there's no problem. It was just a curiosity
    If you thought it that way. There are "high legibility" or "tailed lowercase L" OTF already.
    They are official font features not custom one. Read throughout the Wiki and GitLab README to know more.
    Today's update removed the custom lowercase L :confused:

Update: Other OTFs not working too
    Fixed. I uploaded wrong font file.
    Updated CFI to support Android 12. Check 2nd post.
    Oh My Font
    Improve Android Typography

GitLab

OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve the overall Android Typography experience.​
    Google Sans Prime
    It's Google Sans, just better

GitLab

GS Prime is the next gen of the old Google Sans Plus with the new variable font technology and based on the advanced OMF template.

—————

Custom Font Installer
    Install custom font manually

GitHub

For those who prefer DIY, get fonts and apply them on your phone via Magisk or TWRP.​
    Just wanna say, there's new update.
    Download
    Check OP. I've just uploaded a simple video demonstrates what San Francisco font is capable of. You'll be able to play with those sliders yourself soon.
    I think the best bet is to allow customization directly from magisk (just like how Full screen imersive gesture allows it) all this editing is super hard to do, I don't know how to do it right, or better still you can make a video tutorial.

The developer spelled out the instructions quite well, provided what would happen if you adjusted your font weight, and additional options. Maybe adding a few commented out lines to the configuration file for the GS=false and OTF options could be added to the configuration file... but I could probably take a guess where they would go (probably under the OPSZ option).

I would rather edit a static text file that will overwrite itself with an update/incorrect configuration, which will prevent bootloops, rather than click the volume keys frequently to adjust stuff.

The Wiki provided a nice explanation, and gave good background information on how font weights and styles work.

Honestly, I prefer this to other font modification modules I had installed (FontConfig, other systemless font replacement modules).. it has way more customization than other modules. After you edit the text file on your phone, save a copy if there is an update.

Thanks, @nongthaihoang for the module. It is really well done.